The first semi-final for Latvia’s national selection will take place Saturday, February 1; the second will be February 2nd. A total of 24 songs are competing to represent Latvia in Copenhagen. Each semi-final will have 12 songs, with six advancing to the final on February 22nd.
Notably, Latvia’s semi-finals this year allows viewers to cast votes online. The public can still vote via telephone or text message, or they can go to www.eirovizija.lv. The number of votes each song receives is determined half by a jury and half by public vote.
The twelve songs competing in the first semi-final are listed below. You can also listen to all the entries on LTV’s website.
- Dejo Tā – DJ Dween and Sabīne Berezina
- Bučas – Crazy Dolls
- I’m Happy – Tamara Rutkovska
- I’ve Got – Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis
- Cake to Bake – Aarzemnieki
- Just Stop – Oskars Deigelis
- Stay – Samantha Tīna
- Going All the Way – MyRadiantU
- I Can Breathe – Aminata Savadogo
- I Need More – Dāvis Matskins
- Saule Riet – Olga and Līgo
Who do you want to represent Latvia in Copenhagen? And what do you think about allowing people to vote online?
Stay tuned for more news about Latvia’s national selection process!