Happy Junior Eurovision week! In just 6 days we will know who will be the successor of Maléna and take the JESC trophy home. A total of 16 countries have gathered in Yerevan to take part at the 20th Eurovision Song Contest in the Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex.
The Junior Eurovision week traditionally starts with an official opening ceremony. The Opening Ceremony took place live at the Republic Square in Yerevan with lots of people watching the fabulous red carpet show. The Opening Ceremony was hosted by Dalita, who represented Armenia in the 2011 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, broadcaster Hamlet Arakelyan and Aram Mp3, who finished in a respectable 4th place for his home country at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest. You can rewatch the Opening Ceremony in the video below:
After walking the red carpet, the participants entered the National Gallery of Armenia, where a random draw will take place for who will sing first and last in the running order. Hosts Armenia also dr their position.
- 1st 🇳🇱 Netherlands: Luna- La Festa
- 15th 🇦🇲 Armenia: Nare – DANCE!
- 16th 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Zlata Dziunka – Nezlamna (Unbreakable)
Later this evening, the EBU and AMPTV revealed the full running-order:
- 🇳🇱 Netherlands: Luna – La Festa
- 🇵🇱 Poland: Laura – To The Moon
- 🇰🇿 Kazakhstan: David Charlin – Jer-Ana (Mother Earth)
- 🇲🇹 Malta: Gaia Gambuzza – Diamonds In The Skies
- 🇮🇹 Italy: Chanel Dilecta – BLA BLA BLA
- 🇫🇷 France: Lissandro – Oh Maman!
- 🇦🇱 Albania: Kejtlin Gjata – Pakëz Diell
- 🇬🇪 Georgia: Mariam Bigvava – I Believe
- 🇮🇪 Ireland: Sophie Lennon – Solas
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia: Lara feat. Jovan & Irina – Životot E Pred Mene
- 🇪🇸 Spain: Carlos Higes – Señorita
- 🇬🇧 United Kingdom: Freya Skye – Lose My Head
- 🇵🇹 Portugal: Nicolas Alves – Anos 70
- 🇷🇸 Serbia: Katarina Savić – Svet Bez Granica
- 🇦🇲 Armenia: Nare – DANCE!
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Zlata Dziunka – Nezlamna (Unbreakable)
Last year, Maléna, who represented Armenia, won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in France with her song Qami Qami. After Maléna’s victory, Armenian broadcaster AMPTV was granted the honour of organising the next Contest in Yerevan.
The show will take place on Sunday 11 December at 16:00 CET at the Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex. The show will be hosted by Iveta Mukuchyan (ESC2016), Garik Papoyan, Karina Ignatyan (JESC2019) and Robin The Robot. Reigning champ Maléna, 11 former Junior Eurovision winners & Tavush Diocese Children’s Choir and Eurovision hit sensation Rosa Linn will perform as an interval act during the show.
How do #YOU feel about the running order ? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE or join the discussion below and on social media!