Italian broadcaster has announced the first eight finalists competing in Sanremo Giovani 2023, the newcomers section of the Festival di Sanremo that is known as a launchpad for up-and-coming Italian musicians.
After auditioning 42 artists, a jury selected the following finalists to compete in February:
- gIANMARIA – La città che odi (Sony Music Italy)
- Giuse The Lizia – Sincera (Maciste Dischi)
- Maninni – Mille Porte (Sony Music Italy)
- Mida – Malditè (Believe Digital)
- OLLY – L’anima balla (Sony Music Italy)
- Sethu – Sottoterra (Carosello)
- Shari – Sotto Voce (Sony Music Italy)
- Will – Le cose più importanti (Universal Music Italia)
This will be the second year that the newcomers section is not included in the festival. However, the top three artists from Sanremo Giovani will earn a spot in the lineup of Festival di Sanremo 2023, meaning one of these newcomers might have the chance to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest in Liverpool, England next May.
Italy has had an exciting track record in Eurovision over the past decade, with consistent top-10 placements in the final since 2017, and a victory in 2021 with “Zitti e buoni” by Måneskin.
Which of the finalists are #YOU most excited about? Who do #YOU have on your wish list for Italy this year? Sound off on our forum site right HERE, or visit us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok and Discord.