The Icelandic national broadcaster RUV has announced the names of the 10 contestants who will compete in the 2014 Icelandic national selection (Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins). In total there will be 3 shows (2 semi-finals and 1 final).
The two semi-finals are scheduled to be held on February the 1st and the 8th with the grand final being held on the 15th. The semi-finals and the final will be hosted by Ragnhild Steinunn Jónsdóttir and Gudrun Dis Emilsdóttir.
Five acts will compete in each semi-final with qualifiers to the grand final be chosen by public televoting. A 50/50 process (Jury / public televoting) will decided th 2 acts that will battle in the duel at the grand final and the overall winner of the contest will be decided by 100% televoting.
The 10 contestants are as follows:
- Amor – Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir
- Aðeins ætluð þér – Guðbjörg Magnúsdóttir
- Dönsum burtu blús- Sverrir Bergmann
- Elsku þú- Vignir Snær Vigfússon
- Eftir eitt lag- Gréta Mjöll Samúelsdóttir
- Enga fordóma – Pollapönk
- Lífið kviknar á ný – Sigríður Eyrún Friðriksdóttir
- Til þín – Guðrún Árný Karlsdóttir
- Von – Gissur PArtistáll Gissurarson
- Þangað til ég dey – F.U.N.K.
What are your thoughts, How will Iceland fair in the 2014 contest? Share your thoughts below and join our Forum to discuss this with hundreds of Eurovision fans from around the world.