Ikke Hüftgold has won the TikTok Wild Card competition for the chance to compete in Unser Lied für Liverpool, with the song “Lied mit gutem text” (Song with good lyrics). Hüftgold joins eight other artists who were announced by the broadcaster ARD last week to round out the group of 9 who will perform on March 3 to represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest in May.
The Wild Card contest provided an alternate path for emerging artists to reach the national final, and an opportunity for German fans to have a say early in the selection process. “Lied mit gutem text” was one of six candidates chosen for a week-long public vote on TikTok. The tongue-in-check party track received 52% of the votes, followed by “Draw The Line” by From Fall To Spring, and “10/10” by JONAS.
The nine songs competing on March 3 will be:
- Anica Russo – “Once Upon A Dream”
- Frida Gold – “Alle Frauen in mir sind müde” (All the women in me are tired)
- Ikke Hüftgold – “Lied mit gutem text” (Song with good lyrics)
- Lonely Spring – “Misfit”
- Lord Of The Lost – “Blood And Glitter”
- Patty Gurdy – “Melodies Of Hope”
- Rene Miller – “Concrete Heart”
- TRONG – “Dare To Be Different”
- Will Church – “Hold On”
Did #YOU vote for Ikke Hüftgold to be the Wild Card winner? How do #YOU think “Lied mit gutem text” compares to the other eight competing songs? Let us know on social media @ESCUnited, on our discord, or on our forum page!