Contact us

Zombira

Who should go to NSC 56?

• Total voters

SpZ

Re: Zombira - Need help about entry eligibility rules

Anyway a question about entry eligibility rules. According to the rules, samples of songs are allowed, however remixes and stuff are not. Would this song be distinct enough to be only considered sampling the original song and would it therefor be possible to enter it into nsc?

Even though it is called a rap remix on youtube. It seems to me that it has replaced both the background music (including the beat) and the song lyrics (although there are strong references to the original song) and it should be possible to claim that according to nsc rules it is only using a sample?

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

I would say it's allowed. It's simply a song that draws its inspiration from Rebecca Black's Friday (with some minor sampling), despite the name

dogmeat

I wouldn't call it a remix either. Entire melody is different, the only thing taken is the beat sampled from words "friday" and "fun", which is less than some of the samples that were allowed in NSC in the past.

takeru

http://www.escunited.com/t5323/

So yeah, number one thing is case-by-case stuff of course :p
IMO, the intentions of the "source" (as I called it back then) do play an important part in determining covers. If an artist intends their song to be a cover or a remix, and there are then enough similarities I think it would count as a cover/remix (see my example with rockself.com and its remix)
Nevertheless, I agree with the above posts. Using the formula in my old post, I would say that this song only fulfils the "Source" category. The melody and the structure of the song aren't really recognisable.

dogmeat

Oh right, you should remove Concerning Hobbits from your NF, cause I'm already sending it.
And this song by Sub Focus... I believe it's been in NSC too.

SpZ

Entry (probably will switch to original studio version though if i am not too lazy to upload it)

SpZ

Re: Zombira

There are some songs which you end up sending to spinoffs and later think: it was way too good to only be in a spinoff and deserves to be in the main contest as well. Obviously sending something back to back from spinoff to the main contest is lame. This song has now waited for a long time (was originally entered into the spinoff back in distant year of 2008), but i still love it.

Praan it is.

SpZ

Re: Zombira. NF. 115.

So Kuukene won by a landslide, i come with knives and beibi were joint 2nd-3rd and centuries was rock bottom.

Top Bottom