Contact us

Zero Time Dilemma

Evangeline

Zero Time Dilemma is a visual novel adventure video game in development by Spike Chunsoft for Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita. It is planned to be released by Aksys Games in North America and Europe in 2016. The game is the third entry in the Zero Escape series, following Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward, and is being directed and written by series creator Kotaro Uchikoshi.

Uchikoshi had started planning the game's story in 2012, but its development was put on indefinite hiatus due to the commercial failure of the series in Japan. Development was later announced in 2015 to have resumed in response to high demand from the series' fan base. The game is intended to be the final entry in the series; its story is set between the previous two games and will resolve all remaining mysteries from Virtue's Last Reward.

In the fictional chronology of the Zero Escape series, Zero Time Dilemma is set between the events of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward.[1] The setting is inside a facility intended to test the logistics of a Mars colony, and the psychology of the people living within the enclosed colony.

All of them... All six billion... Soon, I will have killed six billion people."

— Diana to the Operator, about the dire situation in the facility

Nine people have been sent to the Mars Mission Test Site to simulate a manned mission to Mars, and experiment if life is suitable there. On December 31, 2028, the day the simulation was going to end, an unknown group hacks into an operator's video feed of the simulation and releases Radical-6 into the facility. All but 3 people die, the survivors being a woman (Diana) and two other unknown people. The woman contacts the operator, ominously saying that she killed 6 people, and will kill 6 billion more people. This is presumably when Radical-6 escapes from the facility.

It is up to the Espers of Crash Keys to stop Radical-6 from escaping.

Anyone who is just as hyped for this as me? :$

Character reveals:

Only participant 4 has to be released yet. Who do you think they will be?

Lonter

VLR is basically the reason I bought a 3DS. My favourite series of games ever

Although yeah, it's not a very well known one :p

Evangeline

I'm hyped for this game.

New info:

Sabrewulf238

I can't wait for this game too.

There's a lot of goodness on the way for visual novel fans this year. I'm also excited for the new Ace Attorney and Danganronpa games.

Evangeline

I'm glad they're going back to the darker theme of the first installment. Don't get me wrong, VLR was really mysterious and sometimes scary, but it wasn't anywhere near 999's horror.

Evangeline

[MENTION=5670]Lonter[/MENTION] [MENTION=4448]Sabrewulf238[/MENTION]

And, did you guys play the game? What do you think of it :p

Sabrewulf238

@Lonter @Sabrewulf238

And, did you guys play the game? What do you think of it :p

I really enjoyed it.

Although to be honest I think I preferred the first two games. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

Now that I think about it, it's probably because it was lacking a super special wow moment like in the first game when

or in the second game when:

I was looking for that moment but I don't feel like I ever quite got it. :?

Also I didn't really like the way the characters were kept away from each other. It feels like we missed out on a lot of cool interactions.

I'm probably being way too critical though. :p It was still super engaging to play.

Lonter

Currently playing it and very intrigued so far. I still rank VLR above this, though, but since I still haven't finished Zero Time Dilemma and I imagine there's more than room for that to change :p

Top Bottom