Contact us

Youtube videos

Lindon

Joan Baez did her last performance ever in Austria yesterday evening. Here is a short clip:

Lindon

Still one of my favorite YouTube videos this year. Honest reaction, listen to the background noises. Very entertaining, thank you Matt!

Lindon

I have searched in my archives and found this performance. @<b><a href="http://escunited.com/forum/member.php?u=4364" target="_blank">Matt</a></b> look at this before you upload, GF ;), a video of Austrian entries. Compressed it is not that bad and Marianne Mendt slays:

English, German, Viennese, Vorarlbergish (almost a language of its own, hard to understand in Eastern Austria and no understanding in Germany)

Did Måns and Petra mention Vorarlbergish?

Lindon

Marianne Rosenberg, German Schlager icon:

"Er gehört zu mir" was a finalist in the competition to select an Eurovision Song Contest entry for Germany in 1975 but was only placed tenth.
Nevertheless the song is "deutscher Schlager" royal class and almost every German can sing along until today, the audience often takes over the "na, na, na" part.
Rosenberg's attempts to sing in Eurovision took a turn in 1976 when she was shortlisted to represent Luxembourg with the song "Tout peut arriver au cinema". Although it didn't win, it went on to be a German hit under the title "Lieder der Nacht".

From the eighties on she refused to sing her old hits for many years and changed her image and music style completely. Unintended she became an icon of the LGBTQ community.

The public demanded for years and years of her to sing her old hits and in 2005 she gave up her resistance and performed her old songs on tour in a new arrangement. She made a considerable comeback in the mainstream. She performed at "Wetten dass?", Germanys show business flagg ship back than, to launch the tour. She sang a medley of her hits Marleen (1977) and her attempts to perform at ESC "Lieder der Nacht" and "Er gehört zu mir". Of course she couldn't resist to sing it with a little wink of an eye. A little bit resistance must be allowed.

For all German speaking friends look at this documentary about this extraordinary personality with an unexpected background:

Lindon

Eric Papilaya represented Austria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 in Helsinki, Finland. He performed the song "Get A Life - Get Alive", but was eliminated in semi-finals.
But how he got the offer to represent Austria? It was this unusual performance of a children song of the tv cartoon series "Die Biene Maja" (Maya the Honey Bee) which threw attention to him. Originally the song was performed by Czech recording artist Karel Gott who represented Austria in the ESC 1968. Eric Papilaya had a very different and kind of creepy take on the song.

And here his performance at the ESC

0.40 There are a whole a lot of empty seats in the arena!

Lindon

Austrian Mini Rocky Horror Picture Show in 2006 with the participation of Nadine Beiler 16 years old (ESC 2011), Tom Neuwirth 18 years old (ESC 2014 as Conchita) and Eric Papilaya 29 years old (ESC 2007) and many more. They were young and needed the attention:lol:. The older gentleman is Markus Spiegel, the legendary producer and discoverer of Falco "Rock me Amadeus". Have fun:

mauve

Veteran
Eric Papilaya represented Austria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 in Helsinki, Finland. He performed the song "Get A Life - Get Alive", but was eliminated in semi-finals.
But how he got the offer to represent Austria? It was this unusual performance of a children song of the tv cartoon series "Die Biene Maja" (Maya the Honey Bee) which threw attention to him. Originally the song was performed by Czech recording artist Karel Gott who represented Austria in the ESC 1968. Eric Papilaya had a very different and kind of creepy take on the song.

!

Would have loved to see him in Biena Maja-custume singing that song! :lol: I have to admit that I barely remember the ESC 2007 because I was in the midst of the stress having to move from Austria to Germany! :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I thought Theresa was gonna start twerking at one point in Kenya today, when she started doing the twirls :lol:

xrollinglol it just gets better. She is proper going for it there. I bet she's a right wild one on the new years eve party at 10 Downing Street. I love how they all just look on, not sure what to do with themselves. "Dance for that trade deal, Theresa!" . [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] you will like these. :lol:

Lindon

Austrian talent with incredible voice at " The Voice of Germany". Is this talent a woman? Is this talent 45 years old? Questions of the jury, not mine.

Lindon

Guildo Horn 20 years after his legendary appearance at the Eurovision Song Contest, now settled, mature and reputable.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I regret to inform you that [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] has already claimed Elle and I have already claimed the woman in the lab coat who tells Courtney to take her break, but y'all can feel free to tag yourself as anyone else.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

This sent me.

Top Bottom