Contact us

Israel YOUrovision 2019 - Results are being revealed!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
YOUROVISION.png

To read the full article, click here.

Here at #escYOUnited, we want to create content that puts #YOU at the forefront, be it involving your thoughts in polls and reviews to revealing your collective favourites on our forum games. Now, it’s time for the ultimate fan poll, but this doesn’t involve any of the 41 acts competing in Tel Aviv…

With over 400 songs performed or entered as part of a national selection this year, the scope for unique and interesting songs at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 was not limited to the winning act in each country. We want to recognise this, and the fact that so many of #YOU have undying love and devotion to songs that may not make it to the contest. Introducing… YOUrovision 2019!

With an ambitious plan to collate the feelings and thoughts of hundreds of Eurovision fans across the world, we wanted to put together a countdown of the 50 most loved national final entries for 2019 that weren’t fortunate enough to bask in the limelight of the big stage. So, that is where #YOU come in! We want to know your top ten ranking from the national final entries of this year’s shows.

Now, we know that there are some that may be missed, or songs that you accidentally leave out of your top ten, so HERE is a list of all eligible songs to help guide #YOU.

Once you have your top ten, please put them in a Eurovision format (12 points to your favourite, 10 to your second, then 8-1 for the rest of your chosen ten) and send them across to me in a private message HERE, and we’ll reveal the official top 50 during the first week of rehearsals in Tel Aviv!

Hurry, there’s not long to send in votes – the deadline is Saturday 27th April at 23:59 CET!

If you have any questions just let me know :)

HayashiM

Veteran
Re: YOUrovision 2019 - Submit your votes! (DDL: 27/04 23:59 CET)

Great idea!

For this specific poll, are we allowed to include a song from our own country in our Top 10?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Great idea!

For this specific poll, are we allowed to include a song from our own country in our Top 10?

Yep, any national final songs you liked. The votes will be anonymous as I have readers from various platforms voting so don't worry too much about that.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Unfortunately, I do not watch the dozens of NFs that take place every year So, I won't able to take part in this game. :lol: But it's a great idea for those who follow them all. :)

tuorem

Is it allowed to support several entries from the same country? Or should it be one entry per country? xthink

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Is it allowed to support several entries from the same country? Or should it be one entry per country? xthink

Again, it's just the songs that matter. Don't worry about which country they come from :)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

two questions before sending my votes
is ukraine and maruv eligible?
can i send entries who went to the auditions but flopped even there (eg some songs from moldavia and belarus)?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

two questions before sending my votes
is ukraine and maruv eligible?
can i send entries who went to the auditions but flopped even there (eg some songs from moldavia and belarus)?

The list of eligible entries can be found in the first post, but I would say audition songs likely aren't in that list. I've taken the decision not to include Maruv as she won a NF and was chosen for Eurovision regardless of what happened after. Also, it's pretty likely she'd have distorted the vote if I included her due to people wanting to support her song.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

Not taking MARUV in is the correct decision. One could make an argument in favour of leaving Ukraine out entirely, but I'm happy this isn't the case so I can happily cast a vote for this ~glamorous atonal seawitch~:

IAmSashaFierce.gif

(lol it's almost as if she's singing 'I'm asshole' in that gif)

Also I know it's not mandatory, but I did vote for only one act per NF. This was a fairly good NF season aside from the... you know, the toxic cyberbullying parts, and I wanted to rep 10 different NFs on my ballot. ^__^

Citelis

Since more than one songs from the same country allowed then thats very easy. 2 great songs from Romanian national final and 8 amazing songs from SANREMO! xcheer

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

The list of eligible entries can be found in the first post, but I would say audition songs likely aren't in that list. I've taken the decision not to include Maruv as she won a NF and was chosen for Eurovision regardless of what happened after. Also, it's pretty likely she'd have distorted the vote if I included her due to people wanting to support her song.

RIP Kinky Boots :( votes sent!

hijirio

Veteran

I voted for 10 different countries, and that was not on purpose :D

HayashiM

Veteran

Sigh, this is almost as bittersweet exercise as are my expectations for the ending of Game of Thrones... So many great songs that haven't made it!

valenzbar

Voted. It was easier than I thought.

tuorem

I voted!

My top ten was actually pretty obvious in hindsight. As usual, some great songs were left behind in the NFs this year.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Less than a week to go, keep those votes coming!

HayashiM

Veteran

Well, this was more difficult than the actual Eurovision, I found 34 songs I liked and had to choose from, and I certainly didn't check every round of every national final.
Finally I settled for 5 countries each having 2 songs, plus 2 countries each having 1 song.

Just missing out on my points - The Bubble (Norway), Le nostre anime di notte (Italy), On cherche encore, Là-haut (France), Victorious (Sweden), and so many more...

The best overall quality: Sanremo & Destination Eurovision

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Last day to vote in this, hurry hurry hurry!

Top Bottom