Contact us

Your unpopular opinions on 2013

esc87fan

-The Swiss were robbed in semi 2
-Romania scares me
-Denmark winning would be too predictable
-Finland is too wacky for my taste

Ivannia

Denmark had a good song, and a girl with a great voice - but I still feel like I don't know the song, or her. Which is so weird because normally girls/voices/songs like this are very much my thing. I should love this!!

My sister actually voted for this one but when I tried to explain why I didn't like it she nailed it by saying that there's no feeling; so yeah I guess that's it. Denmark left me cold. Cute girl, but no stage presence. Bland, and I had maybe 6-7 other songs I would've placed before Denmark.

(Don't mean to take the victory away from the Danes and their fans, though!! Party on Denmark!)

eugoose

My Top 8 of the Final. The bookies/'popular' acts are seriously overrated.

:1: :uk:
:2: :de:
:3: :ee:
:4: :fi:
:5: :fr:
:6: :md:
:7: :nl:
:8: :lt:

LalehForWD

You should thank the splendid Belgian gogo-girls - they saved the act from another disaster. :mrgreen:

GRE

-Italy should win.
-France should be in top5.
-I am happy that the crap of Serbia stayed out of Final.
-Cyprus should qualified.
-Israel,San Marino and Bulgaria should be in the Final instead of Romania,Georgia and Armenia.

mono

-Italy should win.
-France should be in top5.
-I am happy that the crap of Serbia stayed out of Final.
-Cyprus should qualified.
-Israel,San Marino and Bulgaria should be in the Final instead of Romania,Georgia and Armenia.

couldn't agree more!!! :D

and i wouldnt be bothered if italy had won actually...

GRE

Hanah from Slovenia and Despina from Cyprus,
seemed like twins to me !:eek:

LalehForWD

The audience wasn't really on top on any of the ESC nights. Their cheering seemed often to be hesitant and lame. I guess most of them were silent and sitting down. I wasn't there though so it's all just an impression from the TV. However, I must say it appeared miles better than Baku.

Little

Hanah from Slovenia and Despina from Cyprus,
seemed like twins to me !:eek:
Me, exactly, I noticed this:
Hannah Mancini

+ Despina Olympiou

= Adriana Volpe :? (italian model, showgirl and actress)

anto475

I hated this year's contest. Like the songs were of an amazing quality, in fairness, but the organisation and running of it by SVT was a disaster in my opinion. It seemed like the entire contest was one big international Melodifestivalen, the cutaway clips to Woodruff, the Swedish Smorgasbord interval act, Eric Saade's hosting in the Green Room, the fact that one song was clearly marked as the favourite in such an obvious, obvious way. Like Euphoria was clearly going to win since she won MelFest last year, but Ictimai and the EBU didn't go out of their way to let everyone know that it was the favourite.

Petra Mede was a terrible terrible host. She seemed arrogant and full of herself, her jokes were so forced, and she was so cold and impersonal, it was like Natasja Crone Back or Alsou all over again. I mean she was better than those jokers we had in Baku, but then my puppy could do a better job than them.

And I know I'll get called some kind of conspiracy nut or something by those who believe that the EBU is pure and transparent like a mountain stream, but the voting this year is highly suspect. A case that's very close to me, Ireland only got a single point from the UK. In 2003, we got 12, as we sent a singer from Lifford, a town on the border with the UK who had a very good song. This year, we sent a singer from the town just over the border from Lifford with a very good song, and we only got a single point. Then you see the likes of Azerbaijan and Russia and Armenia giving out that they didn't get votes from places that they normally get votes from, which is clearly a thinly-veiled complaint that the bribes they paid didn't come to the fruition that they would have expected. SMRTV allegedly bribed the juries in the semi final to ensure against possible qualification, something I'd well believe given the extraordinary fanbase Valentina Monetta had, as well as her brilliant song. Finally then, and most suspiciously, Sietse Bakker announced that the split jury/televote results won't be released this year centrally from the EBU, rather it will be up to the individual host broadcasters to do decide whether or not to release them. This clearly is a sign that something's afoot behind the scenes, I mean I can't think of a single reason not to release them centrally, unless they wanted to hide something incredibly damaging.

Perhaps most of this has already been posted in this thread or somewhere else in the forums, and I apologise if it was, I had exams the last week and didn't really pay much attention to the discussions taking place here as a result.

LalehForWD

So sad you turned into this bitter angry mood. You probably hate to hear this but:
At the end of the day it's just a TV show intended to enjoy you.

HabaHaba

So sad you turned into this bitter angry mood. You probably hate to hear this but:

Uh, anto475 isn't the only person who has noticed this. Those who want to deny any claims of rigged voting should pull their head out of their butt.

And yes, it may be a TV show, but it isn't a very fair one. I think they should do an internal investigation into Eurovision. At this point, I won't be surprised if countries begin withdrawing. Hell, I won't care if the contest eventually gets cancelled. I've started to lose interest... it's too predictable and too political.

I personally believe that the organization from SVT was a complete and utter disaster. Hell, I was embarrassed and ashamed for them. I mean it's the first time in over a decade since Sweden won the contest - they should have made it a memorable and spectacular show. It's completely forgettable and lacked any excitement. I was on Facebook half the time.....

anto475

See it's that attitude that I think SVT went with, It's a TV show. And if that was the case then it was done really really well, typical scripted jokes, a bit of light entertainment with no artistic value here, some cutaway clips there, and voting results so fixed that a blind man could see them. But that's simply not the case, it's a competition, it's about taking part and representing your country and relying on a fair and just system to choose the best song and performance to win.

I mean sure, here in the West it's might just be seen by the majority as a mini-festival of all that is camp and dramatic about our continent in musical terms, but to countries like Azerbaijan, Russia, Malta, Albania, and Moldova, to name but a few, it's a humongous chance to present themselves to the world, especially in the cases of the smaller countries that aren't as well-known as the others. These countries are in it to win it, look at Azerbaijan's hosting of it last year, for instance. Do you think the government would've had such a heavy role in the hosting of the contest if it is, as you say, just a TV show? Do you think that Lukashenko would be intervening in the selection process for an entry for something that can be put alongside the likes of the main evening news or Skavlan or Hey Baberiba as just a TV show? As long as the contest (the clue is in the name) is taken as seriously as it is by even just one person, then it is imperative that a fair and just voting process is ensured, not some snaky ordeal that we've seen this year.

I personally believe that the organization from SVT was a complete and utter disaster. Hell, I was embarrassed and ashamed for them. I mean it's the first time in over a decade since Sweden won the contest - they should have made it a memorable and spectacular show. It's completely unforgettable and lacked any excitement. I was on Facebook half the time.....

Also this. The staging of it and organisation was very poor. I mean Ictimai, ARD, and NRK put on much better shows than this year's. This year's one just flew past. And please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the press centre closed for the first week or something, that's why the majority of the interviews were in the Euroclub? That didn't happen even in a place where the press centre was only built weeks before it opened for its purpose. SVT promised us the best Eurovision and we all expected it from them because, in fairness, if anyone could do a brilliant Eurovision it would have been SVT. How wrong we all were.

LalehForWD

I'm sorry, this sentiment is completely incomprehensible to me. Sure, I admit it's hard for me to take the contest bit serious and I perhaps see other values in Eurovision. I know this is a very unpopular attitude at this forum, but I believe it's the common view of Eurovision shared by most, at least in Sweden. I can't see the production done in another way to be honest. An entertaining TV show with unique traditions and an all European gettogether event - this is how it's viewed. If media would take the contest bit serious as for example like a sports event, Eurovision would be turned to the biggest laughingstock of the year.

Top Bottom