Contact us

Your predictions

EscGeek

Veteran
:au: will win and 9gag will be full of posts of americans mocking europeans for not knowing geography
:ru: will be 2nd or 3rd
the remaing place on the podium will be the country's best result so far
2017 esc will took place in :uk: (most likely London)
even though :uk: will finish last
one country will break their 100% qualification record
:sl: will be 11th in the semi

:cool:

megzpegz

I think

Russia or Ukraine will win
armenia will be 2nd
2017 will take place in Moscow or Kiev
serbia will finish in the top 10 again

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
:gr: will suprise everyone and be this year's Dark Horse
:cz: will qualify for the first time, :lt::pl::nl: will qualify as well
:sm: will finish last in Semi 1
:au::ru::ua: will fight for victory (but I'm currently thinking that televoting winner will be Russia and that jury winner will be Australia), :fr: will have the best result since 2009
:rs: will TOP10 again, :am: will be back in TOP10
:hr: will have at least the best result since 2005/2006

GermanBango

Semi 1
:ru: wins the juries and the Semi overall
:am: wins the televoting
:cz: qualifies for the first time
:gr: and :az: qualify as usual (making me want to puke)
:ba: does not qualify for the first time
:sm: comes dead last

Semi 2
:au: wins the juries
:ua: wins the televoting and the Semi overall
:bg: is going to qualify the first time since 2007
:al: comes dead last

Final
:ru: :fr: :au: :se: :ua: are all going to end up in the overall top 5 - dunno who's going to win though
:ru: :fr: :ua: :am: :hr: gonna be the publics Top 5
:fr: :au: :ru: :se: :ua: gonna be the juries Top 5
:lt: :es: :cy: :ee: :uk: :pl: gonna end up in the bottom 6

Spain and the Anglo-saxons will flop hard. Germany is hard to predict, because it all comes down to atmosphere and stage setup, plus Germany is either hit or miss (suddenly winning in 2010, but flopped big time in 2013, etc.). If anything, She needs to nail the performance. Bring in the cardboard trees!

Russia will advance from the Semis with ease, but won't win. Ukraine is by far their biggest threat. Ukraine may also play the victim role (again!) with great success, the Russian is not singing about peace this time around, but it won't help because Ukraine reminds them of their peaceful history anyway. Also, the Ukraine middle-8 is much more epic than the Russian one. Ukraine will get many sympathizers and steal votes from the Russian neighbors. Russia is very much dependent on the block-voting. I can imagine Norway and Sweden give 8 points to Ukraine, but I just can't see any of our neighbors giving any high points to Russia, let alone giving them points at all. Ukraine is the "new Euphoria" and fits that roll very well.

Some argue about Australia. But in my view, I find Australia to be very weak this year. Armenia is not "epic enough" to win. Sweden will end up on a nice and neat 10th place.

Top Bottom