Contact us

Your mum‘s favourite

midnightsun

Veteran
And of course everyone else you‘d like to give the pleasure to.

I started with my husband yesterday. Showed him all songs that have been released so far. Him not being a Eurovision fan I knew he‘d despise most of the songs and I was right.

I was especially surprised that he didn’t like Norway, Estonia or Czech Republic because I thought that would be something he might be into, especially Norway. Seems he didn’t find this half as funny as me.

Now on to the only two songs he liked - more or less (meaning they are "okay"): :bg: and :ie:.
The only other song he also mentioned in a positive way was :pl:. He liked Krystian’s voice and said the song was somewhat powerful, not that bad.

midnightsun

Veteran
All of my siblings' favourites: :nl: :ch: & :ua:

They were first-time-listeners.

Also on their list: :pt: :lt:

One also had :bg: on his list.

I‘m surprised they mentioned no other song, only the ones I listed above. I thought they would like Norway, but no. :oops:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
From semi 1 my mum loved :dk: :ch: :pt: :lt: :md:

Switzerland were her favourite of the night. She loved Marius' voice and seemed stunned by the song. Her love for Denmark surprised me a bit. She found Portugal haunting and commented how "unique" Maro's voice was. Actually my mum enjoyed the performance so much that she went back to watch it again on Youtube. She also enjoyed :ua: and would love to see them winning for how special it would be.

My mum disliked :nl: :gr:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Need to have a talk with your mum. xexcuseme

Mine actually liked :nl: :pt: and :gr: , you know the slow songs basically. :mrgreen:

🥺 Actually I was kind of surprised she disliked Greece and The Netherlands. I'll have to dig a bit deeper and try to find out what exactly she didn't like about them as both are fairly inoffensive, and feel like songs she at the very least wouldn't have a problem with. My mum's dislike for the Netherlands especially surprises me as it was a very emotional performance. That's usually all it takes to reel her in. Even I appreciated the Dutch entry live on the night and the song does zilch for me in the studio version. Greece was also good live.

popavapeur

queen of copy pasting i'm here

Here are the results of our 10 voters yesterday evening, from 15-16 y old to 44 (almost the same as tuesday) + commentaries I remember from them

1. Sweden 87 points
that was almost unanimous (only one person did not put it in its top 10) a lot of 12pts, the overall feeling is : that was winner worthy + it's feels somewhat different from the other ballads

2. Ireland 73 points
everybody loved it, they felt this very light hearted performance was needed, it was dancey and fun and sometimes you don't need a full Stark engineering staging. They were really angry it didn't qualify "Europe be rather sleeping than dancing wth"

3. Australia 68 points
Some were kinda more focused on the stairs+outfits than the song itself but arguably the best or second best ballad of the night

4. Czech Republic 64 points
Same as Ireland

5. Romania 38 points
So this was surprising, everybody agreed on it being VERY DATED but it made some people laugh, they felt it was ridiculous but endearing and actually a lot of people didn't have a top 10 at the end of the evening and the general consensus was "let's put this guy from Romania in our top 10 he was nice"

6. San Marino 37 points
only two-three people actually liked the song, but it was more a "staging" vote than anything, they felt it was too much to not let it enter their top 10

7. Poland 34 points
Plain simple : very good singer, okay song, atrocious staging

8. Finland 28 points
nothing really was said, it was the beginning, they felt it was okay

9. Belgium 22 points
A lot of them called it boring but at the end it entered our top 10

10. Azerbaijan 20 points
Someone said it was the second best entry after Australia and gave it 10 points and that's it

- -
11. Estonia 19 points
nothing was particularly said

12. Malta/Serbia 18 points
Malta felt like a high school musical song but the staging was nice
Serbia was liked or hated, a lot of them put it last

14. Israel 16 points
So they liked the staging, felt the song was atrocious, but everybody laughed when he was with the presentators they liked his energy, being so outrageous. They said he saved their boring speech.

15. Georgia/Cyprus 14 points
A LOT of them hated Georgia like "when's the chorus ?" from Cyprus, someone had it very high but they felt it was too static

17. Montenegro 10 points
Nothing was said

18. North Macedonia 0 point
bad vocals and bad staging

Franzilein

My mum watched a bit of semi-final 2 and didn't like any of the songs there (Israel, Serbia, Azerbaijan), questioning if there is "actual music" left at the ESC and if it is actually still worth watching (lol). She noted however that Konstrakta herself is a beautiful and expressive woman after I told her that she may win this year.

Showed her some participators whom I thought she would enjoy, and I guessed correctly, so far she likes The Netherlands, Iceland, Armenia, Estonia and Sweden.

Miloutchi

My boyfriend only remembered that he liked the Netherlands, Sweden and Poland. The rest he either didn’t find memorable or just outright horrible.

And he liked Germany in the national final, so I guess he still likes it. :p

Last edited:

lilka

My mum's favourite was Greece and Sweden (apart from Poland) and she only listened to all the songs this week in the semis (and the Big5 in the final). Azerbaijan was her no 4.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
My mom's favorites: Serbia, Ukraine, Norway, Lithuania, Finland, Czech Republic, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland

My brother's favorites: Norway, Finland, Serbia, Ukraine, Iceland, Moldova, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Portugal

They also liked Austria and Denmark.

Last edited:

Navn Navnes

Mye dad's favourite was Greece, but he has a lot of relatives from the area of Norway Amanda grew up in, so there could be some bias there.

HarryUK

I asked my mum which were her favourites and she said :de:, :es: and :cz: but she voted for :ua: out of solidarity lol

My dad liked :de: and :no: but also voted for :ua:

& for a change, they both weren't embarrassed by our entry!

Top Bottom