Contact us

Your Mum‘s favourite

midnightsun

Veteran
And, of course, your dad‘s, brother‘s, sister‘s, lover‘s, cat‘s...

What do people that are usually not into Eurovision like?

I got the husband watching all videos with me tonight. It came as no surprise he didn’t like almost any of the songs. Since he‘s usually not into ballads this has been a very weak year for him. Let‘s see which songs didn’t fall from grace:

The only song he really liked: :ge:
Tbh, I did expect this since he‘s usually into either rock or techno (mostly Eurodance).

His silver medal goes to: :lt:
He thinks „it has it“.

Third and unfortunately last one he liked: :de:.
Which surprised me because I know he doesn’t like very high male voices. But he thought it’s very catchy.

Other honorable mentions:

:ie: „If she left out that na na na na na part it would be in my top 3“

:mt: „That‘s an „okay one“. Catchy.“

:il: „Oh, finally a song where something is happening!„

So which one did he dislike the most?

It‘s hard to say since he wasn’t too happy about most songs. :ua: was definitely one of his „What is this? Go away!“-songs, much to my discontent. (Because it’s one of my favourites). He also was very bugged by :gr: and basically every ballad with a „mourning girl“.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I've been waiting for this thread. i'll force my mum to listen through a recap at some point, so she can hate everything like she does every year. Apart from that 1 time she accidentally admitted she loved Yodel It.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Can't really show songs to my parents atm, but knowing my mom the only songs she could support will be Georgia, Lithuania and maybe Belgium. Unless she surprises me again.

However, my friend (the only one I can convince to listen to ESC with her knowing it comes from there) likes :lt: a lot. Which doesn't surprise me in the least as we have a pretty similar taste and it's my #2.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I got one of my friends to listen through the entries last night to see which ones she prefers. I'll try and get my mum sometime today or tomorrow.

Her favourite was: :az:. Said she was fierce and although she was surprised she liked it, said it stood out and was great.

Her least favourite was: :ru:. Said it was absolute shite. :lol:

She also liked: :fi: :ie: :nl: :se:

She also hated: :gr: :be: :bg:

Bulgaria surprised me as she's a fan of Billie Eillish and well the comparisons are there... unprompted from me she called the song a cheap shitty Billie Eillish rip off and wasn't at all impressed.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
So now my mum has listened, and jesus what a chore that was. :rolleyes: She couldn't have looked more disinterested if she tried. Wasn't at all impressed with the vast majority, calling them lifeless and all sounding the same pretty much. Her words at the end were "Eurovision is meant to joyous, this is the opposite. If I want to come slit my wrists then i'll put these on".

Her favourite was: :fr: Liked him, liked the song.

Her least favourite was: :ru:/:ua: Thought Russia was stupid, and hated the singing in Ukraine.

Also liked:
:uk: :bg: :no: :se: :mt: :mk: :at: :dk: :ee: :md:

🇬🇧 Said she really likes our entry, except for that pause.
🇧🇬 She really likes the lyrics with Bulgaria but doesn't like her singing style.
🇳🇴 Said she was the best singer, really enjoyed her and the song.
🇩🇰 Really liked how upbeat and joyful it felt, with catchy lyrics that you can sing along to easily.
🇲🇩 Really liked the music on this, her singing less so but the music yes.

Disliked/hated:
:au: :be: :ge: :ie: :al: :ro: :gr: :cz: :lv: :sm: :pt: :is:

🇦🇺 thought it was their weakest entry to date
🇷🇴 hated her singing style, "Alcohol You".
🇱🇻 demanded I turned it off the second the beat drop.
🇵🇹 Boring and dreary
🇮🇸 Dated 50s/60s style crap and she isn't here for it.

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
I hope soon like today show all songs for Eurovison this year to my mom
She knows Lithuania,Italy,Latvia (ofcourse because she is Latvian),Russia and Bulgaria...
She doesn't think Bulgaria will win because its not original,she still thinks Lithuania will win..
Russia is fun and wow.... unexpected...
Italy its alright ballad but not a winner...
Latvia is good also she don't think we will win...

Schlagerman1

Because of the ESC being cancelled this year, my family didn't have a normal ESC-listening this year :(, but I did manage to let my mom and my little brother to listen to about half of the songs this weekend. I picked out a list of 20 songs, where I selected the nordic countries, some of the favorites and some of the songs that either would have done an impact in the contest or that I think my family would have enjoyed and we scored them from 0-10p. Here is how it ended (my points in yellow, mom in pink, brother in green):

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Sucks that I can´t really give my input on this thread since absolutely nobody in my family cares about Eurovision except for me.

My mum hates it but i still force her to listen. :lol:

Yazy

My mum hates it but i still force her to listen. :lol:
In my social environment, nobody liked it (both my family and friends included).

Which forced me to keep it a secret that I like eurovision and not discuss it with anyone.

But that was when I was in high school. Nowadays, I really don´t give a damn what anyone thinks.

A-lister

Veteran
My mum couldn't really care, but when I was running through all entries the other day she said that most of them were just screaming (the few she bothered to listen to she gave like 10 sec each... :lol:), but she saw the Russian video and that's her fav :lol:

midnightsun

Veteran
We are lost. My mom told me that her „absolute“ (!) favourite is France.

Well, she‘s 68. But that‘s not an excuse, Mum!
(She liked AWS I might add!)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
We are lost. My mom told me that her „absolute“ (!) favourite is France.

Well, she‘s 68. But that‘s not an excuse, Mum!
(She liked AWS I might add!)

France is such a mum entry though. Makes sense.

LastDreamer

Banned
My mom like :fr: and :ee: too, but her # 1 is :hr:

Top Bottom