Contact us

Your Hopes for 2022, Impossible, Possible or Ridiculous...

Ianp16

I think it's about time we had a new eastern European winner. Not sure how realistic this wish is since the juries were introduced but I want to see a long-term eastern european participant win.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Impossible: Moldova not sending a Kirkorov song.
Possible: The best year ever filled with winner potential and quality songs. Seriously I have a strong feeling next year is gonna be super strong!

Swede12

The winner will probably be a female next year since we have had 2 "male wins" if you look at lead vocalists.
If 2021 was the year of female uptempo, 2022 will probably have more rock. Maybe 4-5 songs instead of just 2 like it was this year.

Personally I am hoping for Ukraine to send something similar to this year that could appeal to the juries just a slight bit more (maybe someone like ONUKA? Would LOVE to see her in Eurovision) which could bring home another well deserved win for them.

Another country on the winner short-list for me is Bulgaria, I'm just hoping they don't fall in the song-writing camp swamp too much and end up like us here in Sweden. If they do so, their first win is probably still a couple of years away, the winners of the last years really prove how important it is to have a package with authenticity and soul to win.

I am also excited to see what comes out of Melfest 2022 and onward now that Björkman is not in charge anymore. It's probably not good to set expectations too high, but I'm hoping for some new songwriters and artists to enter, feels like that 7th win is only slipping further away with the current format...

Ianp16

Personally I am hoping for Ukraine to send something similar to this year that could appeal to the juries just a slight bit more (maybe someone like ONUKA? Would LOVE to see her in Eurovision) which could bring home another well deserved win for them.

ONUKA was probably my favourite interval act EVER and I felt that Shum kinda served the same vibes. Have ONUKA ever discussed competing?

iwanna belovewithyou

Impossible: Moldova not sending a Kirkorov song.
Possible: The best year ever filled with winner potential and quality songs. Seriously I have a strong feeling next year is gonna be super strong!
io think the same, and many nations are ready to made national final, this mean many more songs to chosen.
And many suprising come on back

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
If we can't have AmaRello co-hosting, can we have Ema Stokholma co-hosting or as green room host?

mauve

Veteran
Possible: ESC with a wider audience.
Impossible: Sweden sending a rock song.
Ridiculous: : Germany and UK getting into top 10.

Mainshow

Veteran
Possible: Seeing Diodato and Marco Mengoni as interval acts xheart
Ridiculous: Sweden submitting a genuinely interesting and progressive entry
Impossible: BBC taking Eurovision more seriously and actually submitting an entry which isn't generic or non-competitive/dead upon arrival

ESC94

Possible: Seeing Diodato and Marco Mengoni as interval acts xheart
Ridiculous: Sweden submitting a genuinely interesting and progressive entry
Impossible: BBC taking Eurovision more seriously and actually submitting an entry which isn't generic or non-competitive/dead upon arrival

Yeah please, accompanied by Nina Zilli and Francesca Michielin!! xheart

Looren

Veteran
Possible : Albania sending Arilena Ara
Impossible : Every country singing in their language
Ridiculous : Morocco being back in the game

heke1988

Possible: Finland qualifying second time in a row

Impossible: Sweden sending Sabaton or someone else rock or metal genre band

Ridiculous: Eurovision Song Contest will be held in Vatican City.

Last edited:

Shadowfuxcs

Possible: Italy breaks the host curse and finishes in the top 5
Impossible: EBU finally holds an investigation so we get a Kirkorov-free season
Ridiculous: Andorra returns and wins the whole thing

iwanna belovewithyou

a very strange thing, there are still no dates for the days in which the Eurovision 2022 will take place, the last few years were announced during the Eurovision days, this seems very strange.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

I'd love to see Ireland send a rock song or something electronic but I can't see it.

Probably something a bit more plausible would be sending something more Celtic/Traditional. I'd be down for that.

I did like Maps this year, but it's not like it pushed the boat out for Ireland. I feel like we've become a very "samey" sort of country at Eurovision.

Top Bottom