Contact us

Your home town

94ayd

Yeah, it looks cool! Every city that anyone has showed me has amazed me. :mrgreen:

DominikS

My home town is Starogard Gda?ski, in northern Poland. It is approximately 50km away from the voivodeship capital Gdansk. The town has a population of just below 50,000, but before the 1950s it was just a few thousand. The town boomed when industry started here, and the town is still very industrious, but now, much of the industry is high-tech, and the biggest provider of jobs is the pharmaceutical company Polpharma. Because of this late boom and industry, it's not the prettiest town in Poland, but it does have some nice sights!

Map_-_PL_-_powiat_starogardzki_-_Starogard_Gdanski.PNG

Starogard is the capital city of the ethnic region of Kociwie, which has it's own culture and dialect:

mapka-.jpg

Starogard also has a very successful basketball team:

ultrasport_4664.jpg

1.jpg

StarogardGdanski_Kocborowo_TP_1.JPG

353e1424aeadb4c8med.jpg

starogard_gd.jpg

polpharma-ref.jpg

There also are many forests and lakes in the region:

9659.jpg

MyHeartIsYours

I never knew you were Polish Dominik! Anyway, your town is very beautiful. I dont think it's ugly at all! :D

Milos-BC

My place is called Bela Crkva. It is a small town in Vojvodina, Serbia, right next to the border with Romania. Even though it has only around 5 000 inhabitants, it's very famous in Serbia because of 7 lakes that bring tourists every summer, and for various other manifestations taking part in summer.

So, here we go

The logo of Bela Crkva

belacrkv.jpg

One of the biggest streets in Bela Crkva

bela_crkva_101.jpg

"The main lake" which brings the most tourists( I also go on this one :mrgreen: )

Belocrkvanska_jezera_bc1v.jpg

Panorama of Bela Crkva from above

n1584291448_29618_3024.jpg

One of the hotels

4688_1049468609894_1621094186_135175_7358064_n.jpg

One of the biggest manifestations in Bela Crkva is "karneval cve?a" (carnival of flowers), and one pic of it (also the main street of Bela Crkva)

2036660960051603972CAOxFZ_ph.jpg

mojca

I live in a small city in the Northern Slovenia, called Mežica:) It's very peaceful and green, but also a bit boring sometimes:D
xcheer

mojca

Here are some pics of my hometown Mežica:
mezica.jpg

2008121114340592-37-83-10-0-300.jpg

Predstavitev_1.jpg

And here is the picture of Kralj Matjaž (The King Matjaž):
IMG_2420.jpg

He is a legendary hero and he is asleep in the mountain Peca. People believe, when his beard grows nine times around the stone table, he shall awake and bring a golden era to Slovenes. I find the story very interesting, and he is also a tourist attraction:)

The mountrain Peca in about 2125 m heigh peack in Karawanken:

peca1.jpg

So this is my home city;)

mojca

94ayd, in September I'll move to Ljubljana as I wll study there:) If you need any information of if you have any questions, feel free to ask me ;)

mojca

94ayd, in September I'll move to Ljubljana as I wll study there:) If you need any information of if you have any questions, feel free to ask me ;)

mojca

My town is very peaceful and green, but sometimes is sooo boring:) You simply cant do anything, except from walking:p

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
mojca said:
My town is very peaceful and green, but sometimes is sooo boring:) You simply cant do anything, except from walking:p

Haha Mojca! ;) Well, same here, more - less! :D I will post some pics of my town, now I have no motive for that, since they arrange the city centre..... :cool:

ParadiseES

Well I forgot to say... the bench in the end of the video where there are two old men, that's my house!!!!!! I have a bench in the façade where everyone goes to sit :mrgreen:

AlekS

Veteran
ParadiseES said:
Well I forgot to say... the bench in the end of the video where there are two old men, that's my house!!!!!! I have a bench in the façade where everyone goes to sit :mrgreen:
I noticed it because of the wall (I'm gonna buy ceramic tile (it will be Czech or Spanish) for my bath so noticing different designs became an instinct :lol: ).

Top Bottom