Contact us

Your biggest growers in 2021

Lance Esgard

Israel, big-time, due to the revamp. Biggest of all is maybe Russia. I say maybe because the version I heard at the PrePartyES was to me so, so, much better than the original performance at the National Final. If THAT is the final version and not just a one-off remix then Russia is a huge grower to me. But if that was a one-off and there is no revamp it hasn't grown on me.

Germany comes next. At first I found it totally lacklustre and with a helping of cringe, but I've come to see it as a fun entry with a serving of cheese instead.

Remisan

:be: Belgium. When I first listened, It was in the top 15, but it grew to the 2nd place.

:nl: Netherlands. It seemed boring at first, but I liked the meaning of the song, it has honest lyrics, which I like more than the general words in a Swedish song, for example. Then I started to enjoy the melody. No, this song won't make the top 10, but it's good.

:ro: Romania. From "not my cup of tea" to "I want to listen to it again". Now 10-12 place

:ru:Russia. After PreParty, I realized what people find in this song. Manizha is really charismatic. This song is still in the bottom half of the list, but it definitely climbed a few spots.

Sabrewulf238

I'd say the biggest growers for me are probably Russia and Denmark. (if we're talking only about songs I didn't care that much about at first)

Denmark has grown on me to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing it slip through in Semi 2.

hawadharma

Greece by faaar!
Followed by Russia and Australia.
But I liked them all at first listen anyway, they moved up only 5-6 places after growing.

Will come to this thread after the final, some songs immensely grow after seeing them performed live on stage.
Bitch don't steal my taste

For me Ukraine, Greece & Australia

lasse braun

since yesterday latvia & portugal!
before yesterday ukraine & russia and as gulity pleasure australia.

still seeded:italy & lithuania.

A-lister

Veteran
:gr: - It's really efficient, at first I found it ok but a bit generic, and while it's not groundbreaking it's undeniably a very catchy track and big step-up from last year.

:il: - This one found its way to my top. 10 initially, but has been growing on me ever since. Just as with Greece I did find it a bit basic at first (but good), but this revamped version is really a competent Pop track with character (can't say the same about the original though so lucky for us it got fixed for Eurovision).

:uk: - It's closing in on my top. 10, not there just yet though since it lacks that extra oomph but still a catchy track.

other than that, I think it's pretty static for me this year

theditz83

Veteran
:gr: - It's really efficient, at first I found it ok but a bit generic, and while it's not groundbreaking it's undeniably a very catchy track and big step-up from last year.

:il: - This one found its way to my top. 10 initially, but has been growing on me ever since. Just as with Greece I did find it a bit basic at first (but good), but this revamped version is really a competent Pop track with character (can't say the same about the original though so lucky for us it got fixed for Eurovision).

:uk: - It's closing in on my top. 10, not there just yet though since it lacks that extra oomph but still a catchy track.

other than that, I think it's pretty static for me this year
Please throw :uk: some public votes in the grand final. Judging from the lack-lustrw rehearsals we'll need all the help we can get!

One more song that has been massively growing on me recently is:

:is: - I'll probably be honest and say that I dismissed this song earlier in the season for being more of the same from Iceland, and since I didn't care that much for last year's entry, that meant it got skipped on my playlist a lot. But out on a walk a week or so ago, that bass riff and the lyrics of the song suddenly clicked for me and I found myself wanting to replay it. It's sneaking into my Top 10 now potentially ;)

EscGeek

Veteran
after rehearsals:
all 4 acts that were in my top 10 last year, but not this year (:ie::ge::lv::az:) went up my list. xyes
plus :cy: & :be: & :al:

Ekholmia

I din't have any growers. The ones I liked from the start are the ones i still like, but things might start to change after I've seen the whole performances and not just snippets.

Top Bottom