Contact us

Your biggest growers and fallers?

lilka

Currently "Is it right" (:de:) is my biggest grower. It's a shame that it came after ESC...

Kaz

Growers:
:at::md::il::ru::ch::pt::nl::ee::lt:

Neutral:
:ie::it::al::sl::ua::uk::hu::pl::mk::es::me::fi::be::no::mt::is::lv::by::ge:

Fallers:
:se::gr::sm::am::ro::fr::dk::de::az:

Mlyn

Banned
tbh, I can't write :nl: or :hu:, because i LOVED them from the start!

My biggest grower is :ch: which I didn't like at first, and my biggest faller is :de:, which I liked a lot at the beginning, but then became boring

Happiness

Growers
:ru: I must say that should be the biggest grower. It was hardly ok-ish during the contest but now really love to listen to it.
:al: Wasn't so upset when it failed but now I'm clearly saying in fact it was missed in the final.
:no: After Russia, that's the other one. I was almost felling asleep during the contest. But actually that's so deep song.
:pl: :mk: :gr: :at:

Fallers
:de: I was glad when Elaize won the "Unser Song Für Dänemark" but even a couple of days later, I've missed Cotton Candy Hurricane already.
:by: eh I was impressed by the performance but that's all. Song is not that good.

JamieBrown

:uk: are :ch: are big growers

I only knew :am:, :ch:, :fi:, :it: and :de: of course before the contest starts. The swiss entry was boring to me, when I watched the NF there, but it was the best to me and I saw it in the 2nd SF and it was one of the best performances that evening.

In the final I heard the songs of :dk:, :fr:, :es: and :uk: for the first time and liked them not really much, :es: is disgusting to me. Now I really like :uk:.

Xylidic

I always loved :ch: 's song, which many people have put as a grower, go Sebalter!

My biggest growers were probably
:ru: (annoyingly I love to listen to it, went from non qualifier to 14th),
:hu: (I never disliked it, but it's now in my 2nd place!),
:sm: (at first I was a bit worried whether this would qualify, but after her first semi final performance it made the song so much better),
:am: (again never disliked, went from 16th to my top 10)
:ro: (never cared for it, but then it started getting catchier, dammit!)
:lv: (the first semi performance really improved this song greatly, I was surprised at how much I liked it)
:gr: (originally hated, but then as I listened to it more I started finding it really catchy, would randomly hum the chorus)

Biggest fallers
:fi: (originally really liked it, but it just got boring and average for me)
:es: (if you listen to it too much it just feels kind of shouty)
:al: (the English version is horrific, Albanian was much much much better!)

strupberry

Growers:
:me: :ro: :lv: :is:

Fallers:
:de: :ie: :az: :is:

(yes, I know Iceland is in both, but it first grew significantly and then in the end dropped back :D)

esc87fan

:ch: was a favorite of mine from the outset. Watching Sebalter grow from the Swiss final to the Eurovision stage, he just kept improving so much and got so much better till I saw that confident performer emerge in the second semi. I'm looking forward to his new single and his album

That being said, :nl: and :at: were huge growers during the competition. I got a Lady Antebellum feel with the Dutch song and knew that would be something my mom would like because she loves that group. With Austria, watching Conchita's performance in both the semi and the final blew me away, and if I closed my eyes I could imagine the opening sequence of a James Bond movie - even my friend in England (who I Skype with frequently) thought so

blein

Growers : :at::ch::nl::is::ru::ro::me:
Fallers : :uk::it::az::ie:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
In the end there was one very clear grower and one very clear faller.

Grower :ro:

At first I literally hated "Miracle" but then something incredibly strange happened. I started to find myself enjoying it. In the end I caved in and I can honestly say I had great fun with it.

Faller :az:

Beautiful composition, almost made me cry. How could it all go wrong? An incredibly cold, insincere performance is how. It's a shame. I was so close to falling in love with a song from Azerbaijan.

FilipFromSweden

Biggest growers: :at: :nl: :es: :me: :sl: :se: :il: :mt:

Biggest fallers: :it: :ie: :az: :uk: :hu: :ee:

nunaney

My biggest growers were :nl: which went from #20 on my first listen all the way to #2 on my third listen, and :fi: which I was completely indifferent to when it was chosen but it's my #15 now. It took me over 10 listens to like the :uk: entry and now it's my #7

And then there's :pt: :lt: and :ch:
Pretty much the same story for all of them. I liked them when they were chosen, then they started to annoy me and now I'm back to liking them a lot. :pt: gets stuck in my head more than any other song from this year.

Fallers
:il: Fell from #5 to #13. I still like it but I find myself skipping it a lot when it comes on
:al: I liked the original version so much but the studio version is awful. The live version was decent though.
:by: I was happy when it was chosen because it's a fun song but now it kind of irritates me.
:am: I still love the part when it goes from ballad to dubstep but that's about it. The rest of it is a bit boring.

henhu

After the contest:

Growers: :by: :no: :ch: :mt: :it: (All of them are in my top 15 now, most of them weren't even in my top 30 before the contest)

Fallers: :ee: :al: :dk: :pt: :ge: (They all were in my top 10 at some point before the contest, now :dk: and :pt: are out of my top 30)

Top Bottom