Contact us

Your biggest growers and fallers?

FoxOfShadows

Which songs for you, have grown on you over the past weeks and months and which songs that you previously liked have fallen down your list?

Growers
For me, there are stand out growers, those being :nl: and :no:. When I first heard these two songs, I was sceptical. I didn't really like or enjoy either of the songs. However I have come to love the calm and constant elements of "Calm After the Storm" and have found the emotional impact that "Silent Storm" had on almost everyone before the song won in Melodi Grand Prix. :il: too has grown on me although to a lesser extent. I original thought of it as a decent but forgettable song. But after more listens I really have enjoyed it a lot more than I first did.

Fallers
There are less of these as I think this is a great Eurovision year. But there are still some. :ie: is probably the most notable. I really liked the song before the NF and indeed after it to. But after more listens and especially seeing her live performance, I just don't think that Kasey puts any emotion into her voice and that downgrades the song for me. The other faller is :ro:. I did want it to win its NF and infact did like the song. But it's just fallen to a messy, cheap song for me.

So what are your biggest growers and fallers?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Growers

:mk: At first I wasn't at all keen on the song but I kept going back to watch this on youtube because Tijana had me literally roaring with laughter each time I watched that lip-synced presentation video. This shouldn't be my kind of song at all but overtime I have really grown fond of it and it now is solidly in my top 5 and keeps fighting for 3rd place. Tijana totally makes this her own.

:ru: I felt embarrassed for showing any feelings of positivity towards Russian Twins (peer pressure at play) and their song but I just had to give into the urge to listen and i've fallen smitten for their wondrous piece of kitsch pop.

:by: and:md: are also growing me... and dare I say... :ro: (slightly)xshifty

Fallers

:al: Hersi was my favourite in FIK and I was very lucky that she won. I really enjoyed listening to the song..... and then the revamp came. Practically everything I enjoyed about the song was removed. The intro, the Albanian. Still a nice song but it went from being my early number 1 for quite some time to sitting just outside my top 10.

:uk:

Initially the announcement of my countries entry was quite exciting but quickly I realised that this is basically still a very typical BBC Eurovision entry that isn't anything particularly exciting.

:az:

Made me close to tears and cold all over the first couple of times I heard this song. I don't know why but I haven't felt the same feelings from it in a while. I'm hoping to fall in love with it again soon.

EscGeek

Veteran
G: :no:
F: :uk:
G: :ro:
F: :dk:
G: :gr:
F: :is:
G: :it:
F: :ee:
G: :ru:
F: :pl:
G: :ee:
F: :sl:
G: :am:
F: :se:
G: :rs:
F: :dk:
G: :md:
F: :no:
xcookie

Salmon

My growers are definitely :lt: and :md:. And I think some songs still need a bit of time to fall in my ranking, but for now I'll say :fi: (formerly my fave, now somewhere around fourth)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Joyride

I've got growers only so far :mrgreen:

:by: - I hated this right from the beginning but I started to like his accent recently, it's kinda sweet, as well as the video is. Also, the guy is quite charming but I'm not sure if this will work live. It's nothing I'd miss in the final but I won't be too upset if it will make it to the final!

:gr: - didn't like it much; to me it was too common, boring dance song you might listen to on vacation in some party clubs at night. But it started to grow on me as it includes some traditional parts and those are quite catchy.

greece

Growers:

:ua:- At first I dislike this a lot but then after some weeks it grown on me very much. I prefer the old version by far but it is still my 11th.
:mk:- I'm not great fan of the English version but after hearing the Macedonian it really grown on me a lot
:by:- Too catchy to ignore it. As almost all the catchy songs I first dislike it and then like it
:lt:- I still believe that it should have been else singer and song but this was my 3rd fave combination of their NF. When they selected the song I said "Ok it will be Vilija for sure. Next year Lithuania".But it is currnetly my 18th
:dk:- I always thought that it was funny song and generaly with a happy atmosphere but I thought that it was too childish...Well childish songs are especially for childern so it's ok :mrgreen:
:sl:- It's just took some more places with more listenings.I always liked this.
:md:- From my 12th it became my 5th in 3 days :lol:
:at:- The live performance helped a lot. From 22nd to 17th

Fallers:
:no:- I still like this a lot but not so much as I liked it in the past.
:fi:- Same with Norway
:ro:- I liked this at first but now I find it too repetitive and pop for my taste. But the accoustic version is GREAT!!
:it:- I also liked this very much at first but more songs means more changes. From my 1st my 15th but it had been and 3rd,6th,7th and 11th before end up as 15th.

Does we write and for the other years?

FilipFromSweden

Ukraine is really, really growing on me, the stage performance is awful but the music video is really good!
I'm starting to dislike Armenia more and more.

Kairit

My biggest grower of this year is probably :is: after the english version with the video came out. Went from the bottom to top 10 strangely.
But :ua: grew on me a lot too after the new version and it's still growing and getting higher on my list slowly, although I don't think it's going to make it to my top 10. :D

Biggest faller is probably :ro: ..

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Welcome to the house of miracle my child.

I'm not a fanxgaah I just used to think that Romania had the worst song of the year along with Spain and Denmark.. and now I don't. Paula and Ovi are both really sweet in interviews. I enjoyed (slightly) their impromptu piano rendition of the song.

Joyride

Romaina has been one of my favourites from the very beginning, but I'm not sure how it will work with the audience. The last years I was always wrong with the duets... I thought Georgia 2013 and Iceland 2012 had a chance to go top 5, but... I was totally proven wrong!

Anthony Tesla

Growers:

* Azerbaijan: My God, I thought this one was kind of dull, but I had the chance to hear it while in work and I was surprised. It was like listening a whole different song, and honestly? I think this could actually be a contender.

* Austria: Yeah, I couldn't help it, when I heared it, I found it nice but average, certainly I think the artist itself eclipsed the melody, but when I listening once again with no video, just the vocals, I thought it was wonderful. Easily in my top 10.

* Malta: once again, something that I saw as "average", but I had curiosity and the more I was listening, the more I started to get it.

* Switzerland: it was catchy as hell from the beginning, but I thought it had no real chance, and I forgot about it. Weeks passed, and this dammned song was still on my mind and now I can't help it but love it.

Fallers:

* Portugal: Laugh if you want, but when it debuted, I thought that while not a winner, it was a cute, catchy addition to this year collection. I sort of liked it, but now it just seems cheap and somewhat generic.

watersoup

Growers:

:sl: - I always thought it was nice but now it is almost in my top 5.

:es: - Was really underwhelmed by this at the beginning. Now I would like it just as much as Quedate Conmigo if the final minute wasn't just Ruth shouting "THE RAIN THE RAIN DANCING THE RAIN"

:ge: - Skydivers. Space jump.

Fallers:

:de: - I was disappointed when it was chosen but thought it was good anyway and imagined I would come around to like it. I haven't. Way too repetitive for me.

:be: - Fell after my second listen. Now I could happily never hear it again.

:ru: - I thought it was quite charming at first. But the cheap production got to me, and the twin themselves aren't helping.

Kaz

GROWERS:
:at:
:ua:
:sl:
:il:
:az:
:ch:
:ru:
:nl:
:pl:
:fi:
:mt:
:ee:
:lt:
FALLERS:
:se:
:gr:
:uk:
:ro:
:sm:
:hu:
:mk:
:am:
:fr:
:es:
:dk:
:de:

revallsay

BIG, I mesn, HUGE (!!) grower is :az:. I hated this song at the biggining and it was last in my top 37 but now I sterted liking it and it's 15th in my top!
:mt: is growing on me, especially new version (video version), it's currently 11th in my top.

:am: lost some of my intrest but it still managed to be in my top 10.

dezbee2008

My biggest grower was :al:. I liked it at first, then it fell, but now it's back in my top 20. Next was :ua: because of the lyrics change

Biggest faller -- :mk:. Was in my top 3 at first, now it's my 27th. Next was :ie:, now out of my top 10

Top Bottom