Contact us

Your ancestry test

Ausesken

I always found very interesting those DNA ancestry tests, and despite I think they aren't 100% reliable, I like to see where people 'come from' :lol:

Here's mine:

If you made one and you'd like to share it here, please do it! :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Fun. Well, I'm a whole lot less German than I initially thought. I'm mostly Eastern European & Russian with a lot of roots in Poland's Pomerania.

I desperately wanted to have something less predictable like 2% African or Jewish, just to switch it up. But I'm as European as they come.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Here is mine from when I first did it:

However not long after I did get a big update to it. I wish I could show you, but for some reason my AncestryUK account doesn't exist anymore. :? In that one my Great Britain fell down to about 65%, and Irish/Scottish/Welsh went up to about 14% with Norwegian on about 6 or 7% with the rest making up whatever was left.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
well........ i'm 100% brazilian then

you'll probably be Iberian, German or something. Possibly something from Africa. Considering Brazil .

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
you'll probably be Iberian, German or something. Possibly something from Africa. Considering Brazil .
considering my biological mother's surnames, Iberia is definitely there. However, as I don't have a single clue about my biological father, things get hard.

EscGeek

Veteran
I don't need this test. My favorite eurovision countries are mostly situated around three seas:
-Adriatic sea
-Aegean sea
-Black sea

and i don't get sunburnt that easily :lol:

Last edited:

Ausesken

I will never do such a test, for me they´re as reliable as horoscopes, or in other words: I don´t believe in this!!
I hope you're saying you don't trust the companies, which I understand btw, rather than you don't believe in the info our DNA give about our ancestry :lol:

ESC94

I hope you're saying you don't trust the companies, which I understand btw, rather than you don't believe in the info our DNA give about our ancestry :lol:

I don´t believe that these results are credible, but what matters even more for me is that I simply don´t see the use of these tests. What should I do for example with the information that I´m 1,5 % Estonian?? Does this make a complete other person out of me?? I don´t think so!! (n)

Ausesken

I don´t believe that these results are credible, but what matters even more for me is that I simply don´t see the use of these tests. What should I do for example with the information that I´m 1,5 % Estonian?? Does this make a complete other person out of me?? I don´t think so!! (n)
Well, many people find it interesting knowing where their ancestors came from. It's like spending hours and hours making your genealogy tree in the archives: it doesn't change you at all, but you have to do it to know how it feels finding their names in an old book. Knowing better your ancestry is not useful, but it's just interesting for us to know.

ESC94

Well, many people find it interesting knowing where their ancestors came from. It's like spending hours and hours making your genealogy tree in the archives: it doesn't change you at all, but you have to do it to know how it feels finding their names in an old book. Knowing better your ancestry is not useful, but it's just interesting for us to know.

Well, each to their own. I better spend my money for something that gives more fun like a music album.

r3gg13

You could use the same data for further analysis to determine your predisposition to certain illnesses and health conditions. This is just as important as learning about your ethnic composition (if you are so inclined).

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Really want to try this sometime. Really curious what I will get, probably 90% Eastern European or something :lol: But considering Romania has been a migration period hotbed during the early Middle Ages, who knows :eek:

My maternal grandfather had unknown parents and was raised by a Bulgarian couple. Plus this was in Dobruja, which is the most diverse region we got. So maybe I am 3% Sofi Marinova deep inside xamandalearsmile

ESC94

You could use the same data for further analysis to determine your predisposition to certain illnesses and health conditions. This is just as important as learning about your ethnic composition (if you are so inclined).

You could also simply ask a doctor and not give such important data like your DNA to a company for some random data where no one knows wether they are true or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom