Contact us

Yeto-Ya-Yeto 228: Ariana Grande - yes, and?

Lenalite

Re: 8 hypjø 3

tumblr_o8qd38TSm81s8wol9o1_540.jpg

Lenalite

Re: 8 hypjø 7

We have picked our entry. It was a VERY easy decision.

Hypjø's 87th entry is probably one of my biggest personal favorites out of all the songs we have ever sent. It has come to my aid in the darkest times and provided me with light and hope. I have a very personal attachment to it. It did really help me survive and continue living. I might have been dead now, had it not been for this very song.

Lenalite

Re: 8 hypjø 7

Hypjø's 88th entry is one of my favorite songs ever, and I have been meaning to send it for years now. It resonates very well with the current place I am in in my life. It expresses my inner ever growing pain better than ever, which made me believe it was the right time to finally enter it! I don't think there could have been a better entry to showcase my ongoing state.

Lenalite

Re: 9 hypjø 9

We are very delighted with how GONE was received. It ended up being our most played song of 2017 and having been placed in TOP 10 after our first consecutive non-qualification streak has been quite reassuring.

We feel like it would have been a great last entry and made the perfect ending to Hypjø's NSC journey.

However,

despite having been considering our withdrawal after our 100th entry for a while now, (even before it was cool to withdraw) these recent withdrawals from some of the most beloved nations have made us realize that we are used to the act of being in NSC, and we have different bonds with each and every nation. We might not be as involved as back when it all started, but we still want to stay a little longer and see where NSC takes us.

We dedicate GONE to these people that have left us, wishing them the best in their personal musical journey. They will always be remembered with the entries they have touched us with.

On a side note, we are sending our 100th entry next!!!​

Lenalite

Re: hypjø — thinking of withdrawing

I've been taking part in this contest for almost 9 years now but I feel like it might be the time for me to go. I have been sticking around solely because I saw Hypjø as a personal audio-diary that represented my musical alignment at particular times of my life. I would send entries that meant something for me/that made sense emotionally but now that I already missed 2 potential entries I won't get to send, I feel like that dynamic has already been distrupted and I might as well just leave.

I have to be honest, the level of unprofessionalism we have seen this edition has had an influence on revoking these thoughts as well. I guess I believe I am no longer welcome in this society and the host of the current edition is continuing to act hypocritical and is ruining the fun for me. I have never failed to vote once but maybe the fact that I did now is a sign I should leave — I was so ready to be done with this edition and accept my FTV and send my next entry, but because we're stuck here perhaps it's better to end it on my own terms.

xx

theditz83

Veteran

Noooo I swear this is the one thing I have been fearing seeing since our PM a couple of days ago. Please don't leave xrunhug xlove

strajker

Same.

Top Bottom