Contact us

XXXII Olympiad Tokyo 2020

MalagaToledo

Banned
2020 is the year of Summer Olympics which will be held in :jp: Tokyo from 24 July to 9th of August. Let's discus abt everything regarding 2020 OLY. The results, records, medals, OLY village, athletes, scandals, opening and closing ceremonies, sports, epic moments etc.. We don't have opportunity to watch many sports until Olympics arrive.

These games will see the introduction of new and additional comps including 3x3 basketball, freestyle bmx and madison cyclism. Also, these games will see karate, sports climbing, surfing and skateboarding make their debut. Are you excited, what sports will u watch?

Official mascots https://www.instagram.com/p/B2oRkXvl48O/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Official medals

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I'm excited xheat

I was actually planning to go but
1. TOO. EXPENSIVE
2. I have to save for masters

Which is pretty sad as I'd made two long time wishes of mine come true (aka go to japan and watch the olympics).

I don't even know how I'm gonna watch it because it's a 12h difference between Brazil and Japan. Staying up all night sounds good

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Of course I'm excited, I basically live for sports.
I'll wait for 2024 to see them live however :lol:
There isn't really a discipline I'd like to watch more than the others, it will depends on the free time I'll have at my hands.

Now the real question is : who's gonna play in the opening ceremony ? :cool:
#babymetal #oneokrock #oldcodex #flow #granrodeo #plsjapanrunovermybody

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'm excited xheat

I was actually planning to go but
1. TOO. EXPENSIVE
2. I have to save for masters

Which is pretty sad as I'd made two long time wishes of mine come true (aka go to japan and watch the olympics).

I don't even know how I'm gonna watch it because it's a 12h difference between Brazil and Japan. Staying up all night sounds good
True, time zone difference in recent Olympics don't suit Europeans either. And it will remain the same cause next summer and winter OLY will be held in Asia, so if we don't want to miss it we have to stay up late.

I think it's better that u invest in your future and smth u like. I'm sure u enjoyed summer OLY in your country in 2016. U will get a plethora of chances to go to Japan. Don't worry. Los Angeles games are much closer to u. Have u considered la? But, u are right, I'm sure Japan isn't that cheap. ;)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
True, time zone difference in recent Olympics don't suit Europeans either. And it will remain the same cause next summer and winter OLY will be held in Asia, so if we don't want to miss it we have to stay up late.

I think it's better that u invest in your future and smth u like. I'm sure u enjoyed summer OLY in your country in 2016. U will get a plethora of chances to go to Japan. Don't worry. Los Angeles games are much closer to u. Have u considered la? But, u are right, I'm sure Japan isn't that cheap. ;)
I actually considered France! My cousin lives near Paris, so I could just stay there and I won't have to spend as much as I would in the US or in Japan.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Of course I'm excited, I basically live for sports.
I'll wait for 2024 to see them live however :lol:
There isn't really a discipline I'd like to watch more than the others, it will depends on the free time I'll have at my hands.

Now the real question is : who's gonna play in the opening ceremony ? :cool:
#babymetal #oneokrock #oldcodex #flow #granrodeo #plsjapanrunovermybody
Most of the sports I never get the chance to watch except at Olympics. I'm looking forward to diving, athletics, gymnastics. BTW, do u think France will finish in top 10 again regarding medal table?

MalagaToledo

Banned
I actually considered France! My cousin lives near Paris, so I could just stay there and I won't have to spend as much as I would in the US or in Japan.
There you go. Paris is even more popular than Japan touristicwise. If you have will, you will find a way. I'm looking forward to cheering some Brazilian athletes like gymnasts, a diver and few others. xheat

MalagaToledo

Banned
Although one thing always surprises and shocks me is what happens behind closed doors in Olympic Village.  I have so many questions regarding that controversial topic. Im not sure I want to know. xrollinglol xshock xstars xscared

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
OH YES xheat

Most of the sports I never get the chance to watch except at Olympics. I'm looking forward to diving, athletics, gymnastics. BTW, do u think France will finish in top 10 again regarding medal table?
I hope so ! We can be proud of our athletes, they have potential to bring us many medals. Too bad we are the typical country who wins countless of silver and bronze but not many gold.

Unlike in Winter Olympics were I have clear favorite disciplines, I just want to watch as much as I can in the summer edition. But the 3 you mentioned are definitely up in my priority list like the newcomers aka skateboarding, surfing and climbing.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Fencing, skateboard, polo, golf, darts, bmx, cycling, football.. . are not my thing. I like sports where I can cheer for my favourites or sports where I can enjoy watching athletes. :devilish:

BTW, this guy qualified for 10m and 10m sinchro.

Daybreak

So, one of the last big things happening this year that hasn't been cancelled yet - how likely it is that it will take place? I mean, it does take place like later in summer, but even if the virus has largely calmed down by June or so it wouldn't make sense to instantly start organising massive events right after, and it takes a long time and resources to prepare.

ShoeFlo

In many sports there are qualification tournaments planned in the spring months... if they can't take place the IOC had to come up with a different qualification system... And they should do it rather quickly. The athletes usually have long-term training schedules for big events like the Olympics so they gotta know early enough if they can take part or not.

MalagaToledo

Banned
:ca: and :au: won't send their athletes to Tokyo Olympics. One of the options is to postpone the dates of the Olympics.

JamieBrown

Meanwhile Japan's prime minister abe pubicly talked about the option to postpone the olympics. If the IOC won't react, then Japan probably does. It's not that there shouldn't be public events in July/August. Hopefully the worst of this crisis is over by then, but the athletes have to prepare for the olympics and they need the competitions in the next weeks/months to meet the qualification standards.

I made my mind. I'm up to postpone them, as well

Top Bottom