Contact us

WV150 🐾 FINAL ROAD 🐾 RESULTS SHOW 21:00CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journalist

Congratulations Western USA and @AshleyWright! xheart Well-deserved victory - the best gift for 100th edition! xheart

Thank you for amazing job dear hosts! Everything was splendid! xclap

Uto

Veteran
I gave 5 points to :susa:, not 4. Not sure if this was the only mistake with my votes, but this is the one I noticed.

Checked source document, it's correct there. I can imagine a couple of mistakes were made by Edweis yesterday. That's 500 votes or so that have to be entered all zombie-mode. I'm just happy I didn't have to do it.

Krishoes

Seeing my Goddess Lady Gaga winning Worldvision always makes sense with my fantasy! xheart xheart xheart

Congrats Ashley for this gold medal, my 12 was clear from the beginning (who would have thought? xcookie) xcheer

Thank you Edweis and Uto for this wonderful edition, I had so much fun with the theme, everything was perfect (well, let's talk about my elimination xcry) xlove

See you next edition in Western USA guys and happy new year to everyone! xrose

theditz83

Veteran
Checked source document, it's correct there. I can imagine a couple of mistakes were made by Edweis yesterday. That's 500 votes or so that have to be entered all zombie-mode. I'm just happy I didn't have to do it.
Hey Uto - if you have a second, can you check how many voters :nl: and :ca: had as the images suggested 23 for :nl: and 22 for :ca: but they are the opposite way around in the ranking?

I can definitely sympathise with how stressful manual scoreboards are, so my thoughts go out to Gaëlle for all the time spent slaving over them xlove

Uto

Veteran
more like... delugious

ba dum tsss

but it is true that the Pot F users tend to vote within the last 24 hours so it indeed might feel like a deluge getting so many similar votings in a short time. And the ranking sometimes turns pretty much upside down
It doesn't annoy me now as it did in the past because I know what is coming and how to calculate for it, but usually before the last day you are waiting for 15 E/F voters and maybe 5 of the rest which is very lopsided. Luckily Stargazer and as78 tend to REJU so it's not impossible to predict what is going to happen. If we had for instance a Pot D Deluge there is no way to predict anything and it would be really hard to design any sort of narrative for the final beforehand.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hey Uto - if you have a second, can you check how many voters :nl: and :ca: had as the images suggested 23 for :nl: and 22 for :ca: but they are the opposite way around in the ranking?

I can definitely sympathise with how stressful manual scoreboards are, so my thoughts go out to Gaëlle for all the time spent slaving over them xlove
I looked at the excel (if it hasn't been already it will be published soon) but :nl: has indeed 23 voters and :ca: 22

Uto

Veteran

Yup, my bad, has to be NL over Canada. Forgot to sort the tiebreakers correctly when I was making the document I used for the show, so sorting is alphabetical. I mean I see Svealand should also be winning the 105 sweepstakes. Other tiebreakers seem to be correct. I will post the source document with the actual final ranking and the semis and the whole shebang later today.

@esc87fan
@Stargazer
@NikolaiMoller
@Arion

Your position in the final ranking that was posted is probably incorrect, so if this matters to you wait for the final document pls.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
These were all my votes this time.

SF 1 - Regular votes

12 ::nwit NORTHWEST ITALY
10 :hu: HUNGARY
08 :fi: FINLAND
07 :lv: LATVIA
06 :de: GERMANY
05 ::sudo SUDOGWON
04 ::texs TEXAS
03 :cy: CYPRUS
02 :dk: DENMARK

01 ::kans KANSAI

SF 1 - REJU

12 :svea: SVEALAND
10 :uk: UK
08 :ca: CANADA
07 :mx: MEXICO
06 :cn: CHINA
05 :susa: SOUTHERN USA
04 :at: AUSTRIA
03 ::gota GÖTALAND
02 ::ceca CENTRAL CANADA

01 :nwen: NORTH WEST ENGLAND

FINAL

12 :svea: SVEALAND
10 ::nwit NORTHWEST ITALY
08 :hu: HUNGARY
07 :uk: UK
06 :lv: LATVIA
05 :ca: CANADA
04 :susa: SOUTHERN USA
03 ::gota GÖTALAND
02 ::ceca CENTRAL CANADA
01 :us: USA

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I've been through difficult times, lately. I'm recovering from a burnout and I'm still not certain when I will be back to school (for some reasons WV is always my confessionary :lol:). I do not want you to feel sorry for me, it happens to millions of people, sadly, and more and more... and I'm already recovering moderately and feeling much better. But there were times where I was connected to this forum and I was dying inside, I couldn't even think, I didn't feel any motivation to do whatever usually keeps me up and, of course I miss my work and the kids, and once again, this forum and music were the exceptions.
This being said, It gets harder to keep quiet when there are obvious things that I observed for many many times, probably years already. I mean, if someone likes (😍) a few of your songs, says how lovely others are in a few LLs and rarely gives you a single point, it's weird. When two songs like ours that were clearly from the same genre and I don't get a single point, not that I was expecting 1 this time, no, no, not at all (:lol: :lol:) and I almost help that other person's song to win, believe me, it sucks! :p
I only wrote what I wrote because there are countless episodes where I observed many things that I don't understand. But they are real, sadly.

I could have been quiet, but you see, being quiet sometimes doesn't help. I didn't want to start a drama, or involve you guys in a personal matter, because it's also true that, as a matter of fact, I don't care, this is a game and I play by the rules. If I was unhappy or frustrated because of this or any other aspect, I would have long left. But I don't. You can say: "oh, no one's forced to vote in your songs", and you are sbsolutely right. (y) But when there's an obvious pattern, things change. I don't know the reasons behind this pattern, I just wanted to leave the idea clear that I'm not stupid and that if I kept silent I would explode. Better to cause a little drama then hurting yourself inside. I never block songs, I don't vote for people, but their choices, and I admit my many mistakes I've done with my voting over the years.

So, I'm just writing this to explain why I had such a reaction and to apologise if I spoiled the party or the excellent hosts' work. But I'm not sorry that I spoke out.

My wishes for all of you and your beloved ones:

HNY2021_960_1640512284427_1640512311559.jpg

Last edited:

Milos-BC

Congratulations on the victory Ash xclap This song may not have been my cup of tea but it's certainly well-deserved and I'm happy for you xcheer

The show was absolutely amazing, well done to our hosting team. A great conclusion to a great WV year, let's hope the next one will be even better xclap

Happy New Year everyone, all the best in 2022. Health in the first place and the rest will come on its own. Have a great time today.

• Fuego
Reactions: Uto

Uto

Veteran
So, I'm just writing this to explain why I had such a reaction and to apologise if I spoiled the party or the excellent hosts' work. But I'm not sorry that I spoke out.

You do understand that the hosts are me and Edweis this time? Can't speak for Edweis, but I don't think her opinion is much different. My philosophy on these matters can be taken from a song by Tool:

"Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion between supposed brothers."

You just speak your mind sir.

And if it is me you are talking about:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Finally, I would like to individually thank to those who supported "The Summit". xlove This was a choice that I was a bit skeptical that would qualify after other entries similar this one failed. Considering this, ending 17th among 27 finalists sounds great and thank you for one more final with a song that I adore. xlove xbow xhug

CANADA 6
SUDOGWON 10
TEXAS 3
LONDON 4
KANTO 7
FRANCE 3
NORTHWEST ITALY 5
SOUTHEAST BRAZIL 1
GERMANY 7
POLAND 8
SVEALAND 8
MEXICO 2
JAPAN 7
GÖTALAND 3
LATVIA 10
CYPRUS 2
FINLAND 6

NORTH WEST ENGLAND 4

xheart see you soon! ;)

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
You do understand that the hosts are me and Edweis this time? Can't speak for Edweis, but I don't think her opinion is much different. My philosophy on these matters can be taken from a song by Tool:

"Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion between supposed brothers."

You just speak your mind sir.

And if it is me you are talking about:

Wow, interesting, thank you, Uto, for revealing this, but NO, obviously it wasn't you I was talking about. I left it pretty clear who I was referring to btw. :lol: xup

But it's over now, let's open a new page. :p

Looren

Veteran
This being said, It gets harder to keep quiet when there are obvious things that I observed for many many times, probably years already. I mean, if someone likes (😍) a few of your songs, says how lovely others are in a few LLs and rarely gives you a single point, it's weird.

Maybe the person who does this is just like me and has like 15 10/10s at every semis :lol: :lol:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Well I once had @Ana Raquel 11th in my ranking like 4 editions in a row while I gave all these four songs 10/10 so it happens I guess :lol:
Sure it happens. Poor Ana. But we are just mentioning endless months and years.
AAANND I just never like (😍) a song where I could have doubts about giving it points or not. xqueenbitchThat would be disappointing for the ones who get it.
But let it go, like I said, I wouldn't have mentioned this without observing carefully over the years. 👀

as78

Congrats Ashley and :west: :D
Thank you for all points to :lv: in this final. xlove xbow Maybe not a great result overall but I'm really glad to be part of the final. xcheer

Thank you Edweis and Uto for excellect hosting, interesting theme and wonderful graphics. xclap xbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom