Contact us

WV136 | VALPARAÍSO, CHILE | COVERED IN COLORS | SEMIFINAL 2 | RESULTS SHOW: Feb 15th 20.00 CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoeFlo

title-banner-SF2.png

Good evening everybody and welcome to Semi Final 2! xcheer

Before we get to the banners let me first say some words about the banner concept.

Since we thought this edition should be a warm, joyful, colorful and vivacious edition and since Valparaiso has a mediterrean climate we decided to put the flags over a sun symbol. After we had finished the banners I realized the flags now resemble flowers rather than suns but it is still in compliance with the basic idea. For my banners I actually added an effect that should make them look shiny.
Another little gimmick I added to my banners you can find in the country names. You can see the colour shade and its intensity of the latters are uneven. This is because I superimposed the country names onto the beautiful and pure water of the Petrohué waterfall, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Chile.
The font itself is actually a Mexican inspired font, but we found it pretty neat and with those zigzag lines in the letters it fits well to the half-transparent zig zag background we used.

PQ ENTRY

VOTING DEADLINE: Sun, February 14th 23:59 CET
Send your votes to
@whiteshoes

TEXT SHOW+WHAT'S ON MY BANNER?

WELCOME BANNER | Street art in Valparaíso
01 FRANCE | Amir - états d'amour | Old Town of Colmar
02 DENMARK | Infernal - From Paris To Berlin | Tivoli funfair during Christmas season
03 CHINA | Six kinds of folk Ensemble - Yī mèng jiānghú | Donghui park of Wenling
04 UNITED KINGDOM | RAIGN - Causing Love | Tenby, South Wales
05 UKRAINE | Dorofeeva - Gorit | Street Art in Vernadskoho 87 Boulevard, Kyiv
06 GERMANY | Cascada - Reason | Saarschleife in South-West Germany on a autumn day
07 HAMBURG | Lord of the Lost - Morgana | Trick fountains in the “Planten un Bloomen” park
08 LONDON | Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? | Neal's Yard
09 SOUTH AFRICA | Christopher Tin - Baba Yetu feat. Soweto Gospel Choir | Kruger National Park
10 SOUTHERN USA | Conan Gray - The Story | San Antonio River Walk
11 CROATIA | Detour - Snijeg | Krka Waterfalls
12 ALBANIA | Juliana Pasha - Gajdeхhiu | Stairs in the Grand Park in Tirana
13 UNITED STATES | Carpenter Brut feat. David Eugene Edwards - Fab Tool | Yellowstone National Park
14 NORWAY | Secret Garden - Sleepsong | Hanseatic quarter “Bryggen” in Bergen
15 TURKEY | Nova Norda - Bakma Bana Öyle | Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
16 GREECE | Iasonas Mandilas - Mono Esena | Street in Kefalonia
17 YEONGNAM | BTS - Dynamite | The ARC in Daegu
18 POLAND | Edyta Geppert - Nie, Nie Żałuję | Folk quartet “Tulia” with traditional clothing
19 ENGLAND | Grace Carter - Fired Up | Firework celebrations of Liverpool FC’s Premier League win in 2020 in the Anfield stadium
20 THE NETHERLANDS | Jaap Reesema & Pommelien Thijs - Nu Wij Niet Meer Praten | Keukenhof Tulip fields
21 SWEDEN | Julia Adams - Jag ska bli bättre | Kuggen Building in Gothenburg
22 ITALY | Avion Travel - Sentimento | Sunflower field somewhere in Tuscany
23 QUEBEC | Riches - Nakedness | Northern Lights in the Mauricie National Park
24 SVEALAND | Benny Anderssons Orkester - Månstrålar Klara | Stortoget in Stockholm
25 BULGARIA | Desi Slava - I na vsichki kato tebe | Snail House in Sofia
26 WESTERN USA | Gryffin, ZOHARA - Remember | Sunset Boulevard in L.A.
PQ CHILE | Victor Jara - Plegaria a un labrador | Street Art in Valparaíso

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Voted earlier today as I have class now and couldn't attend the LL. Good semi!

Btw, the link at "send your votes to whiteshoes' is linking to Ben's profile. :)

Genesis

I just want to post lil message that Poland is blocked in Americas, therefore I made Vimeo reupload here

Wonderful show. Very colorful. I love my Tulia banner xheart

ShoeFlo

@JamieBrown the banners aren't showing up for me, can you fix that?
I literally have no idea why this happens... i think the last time I hosted it was Deniz who couldnt see my banners. Then again, there cant be a connection cause back then I used a different filehosting page xthink

for the case you still can't see the banners, I now linked the countries in the text show to their respective YouTube videos so you can just comfortably use the text-show for voting.

If you interested to know what your banner looks like: https://i.postimg.cc/nc1R5jbZ/08-London-banner.png

hope you like it xrose

Fierro

Was :za: confirmed to be eligible? I remember there was cover on this song participating in the past (probably for China), but not sure if it featured Christopher Tin (she's composer, right?)

JamieBrown

Was :za: confirmed to be eligible? I remember there was cover on this song participating in the past (probably for China), but not sure if it featured Christopher Tin (she's composer, right?)

Couldn't find any other entry titled 'Baba Yetu' in the DB and Christopher Tin participated twice only with different songs for USA and Portugal. I cannot see any reason why it wouldn't be eligible.

Fierro

Couldn't find any other entry titled 'Baba Yetu' in the DB and Christopher Tin participated twice only with different songs for USA and Portugal. I cannot see any reason why it wouldn't be eligible.
I'm quite sure this has participated. I remember it playing at the LL many years ago from some unusual country (I think Asian) and people were asking back then is it eligible to send this song from that country. It could be cover or reimagination

But if no one noticed, maybe I mix with something...

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

There is nothing in DB indeed about Baba Yetu, if you're sure you already heard a version of it maybe was it in a spin-off ?

Fierro

I only remember that Christopher Tin's song was somehow sent from China. Maybe he was one of the authors and this was another song, dk. It's strange that there's nothing about it in DB, probably I'm experiencing Mandela's effect (funny that Mandela is also from :za: :lol:).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:west: has voted in both semis, really strong ediiton in the end - had to make some cuts in both semis even if overall semi 1 was far weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom