Contact us

WV136 | VALPARAÍSO, CHILE | COVERED IN COLORS | GRAND FINAL | RESULTS FROM PAGE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Seeing as we're crossing the Andes for the next edition, USA or one of its regions should send something from the Alive soundtrack! xheat

theditz83

Veteran
Woah just hopping across the Andes. xheat This winner is very NSC vibes especially with that video, i didn't vote for it but it was pleasant. Super happy though to see Cesar getting his first victory! Congratulations. xheart xheart First Steffan a couple of editions ago, and then now you. 🙌

Thank you Ben, Flo & Daniel for your hosting. xheat Together you've done a wonderful job to make this edition in Chile so exciting. :D

I'm thrilled with 5th, it was such a steady flow of points but then suddenly I was in the top 5. Iconic. This is better than I thought so I'm super pleased with that, thank you. Especially that elite 12 from Sweden.

:west: 5th
135pts

:12: :se:
:10: :seou: ::ostl
:8: :susa: :es:
:7: :rs: :kr: :en:
:6: xexcuseme
:5: ::ceca :it:
:4: ::yeon :gr:
:3: :bg: :fr:
:2: ::berl :il:
:1: xexcuseme

Sorry if I missed anyone >.>
You're welcome for my :12:

tenor.gif

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I wouldn't have bet on it but it's a nice winner. Congrats :ar: and ceg5 on your first victory xcheer

I'm not disappointed by ::chug results, while I believed in our qualifying chances I knew it would be borderline. So thank you everyone xlove

:8: :seou:
:6: :cy: :il: ::ostl :al:
:5: ::shan
:3: :sc: ::ceca
:2: :svea:
:1: :kr: :ca:

Next entry will (already) be our last from ::chug, unfortunately I know I won't pass the full region Q criterion xcry

Thanks you obviously to the hosting team for taking us on a colorful journey xcheer

Last edited:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I was in a rush to congratulate Cesar so kept that post short and sweet :p Huge thanks of course to our iconic hosting team - slick and professional as always!! Sorry I was barely around for most of the shows - amazing how busy one can be during a lockdown if you're not careful...! Thanks also again to the fabulous voters for :sc: in the semi! :D

Looking forwards to another edition in a new country xcheer xlove

cegs5

wow thank you all for your kind words xheart I never thought that a song I sent would win WV !
It only took me 126 editions (3 breaks), 123 songs, 10 countries, 8 years playing xheat

:ar: winning comes as an absolute surprise, not only for me I can see... I thought I was lucky enough to qualify!
Congratulations to my fellow medalist :seou: Steffan and:ca: Stephxheya

It’d be an honour and such an experience to finally host an edition, but at this very moment I won’t be able to offer a show you all deserve, sadly... so I will have to pass on the baton to @Steffan

@JamieBrown @whiteshoes @daniels1000 thank you for your devote time and job on hosting this edition, it was indeed flawless!

p.s. Shout-out @Nicholas123 for suggesting this song...although I had been holding this entry for a while and had submitted it when I read your post, I’m glad I sent it after your comeback.

kopachka

Congrats Cesar and Argentina! xheart
I really like the winning song, but at the moment of voting I could give it "only" 6 points. The fact that I already awarded the same song with high points in NSC less than two months ago (where it ended second in the final) probably influenced my decision to give space to some other songs in my top 4 instead. Still, more than deserving winner and I am happy with the outcome. ;)

For me the best song of this edition was sent by Albania - what a performance by lady Juliana Pasha! xheat I don't know how we deserve being blessed by such piece of art.
Milica and DesiSlava were also kinda robbed, both were here with my favorite songs of theirs.

Thank you everyone for voting for Nova Norda, both in semis and in the grand final. xup

Last but not least, thanks for the great hosting!

JamieBrown

Fixed the points error from the german voting. Luckily no effect on the winner or even the Top 10. Bulgaria unluckily falls down from #15 to #19 and California climbs up by 2 spots to #24. Leaving Chile in the place of real winner xheat

All the detailed results in the below album...More from me later

EDIT: Please not, that with the recalculation I forgot to fix the other ties again and the places of Western USA-Ukraine, South Africa-Italy and Greece-Spain are switched to their actual results. Sorry for that xrose

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Obviously got too slayed there with my rare points. Never voting for you again xexcuseme

You're straight onto my blacklist with that attitude right there.

sorry. I really need to pay more attention. :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Fixed the points error from the german voting. Luckily no effect on the winner or even the Top 10. Bulgaria unluckily falls down from #15 to #19 and California climbs up by 2 spots to #24. Leaving Chile in the place of real winner xheat

All the detailed results in the below album...More from me later

EDIT: Please not, that with the recalculation I forgot to fix the other ties again and the places of Western USA-Ukraine, South Africa-Italy and Greece-Spain are switched to their actual results. Sorry for that xrose

excuse me, you mean to say Cascada only made it through by 1 point in reju? The absolute scandal. It was only one single point that averted the mother of all meltdowns this contest will surely have ever seen.

JamieBrown

There are actually a lot of things in mind I want to say and I don't know where to start.

So let's just start with a 'Thank you'. Not just for all the nice messages I got during my hosting, but also once again that hosting in Chile was possible. I've never been there, but through some friend this country feels very close to me and even I that always wants to travel there one day and visit him learned new sites from it during my banners research and fell in love with it again. And I've never thought Chile could host WV, so that it is just awesome.

Then of course to my lovely Trio-mates, Flo and Daniel. For helping me out and also making it happen to have WV in Chile. I'm not commited to WV like I was 7 years ago, I admit that and so a hosting alone for me wouldn't be possible anymore. And I must say I felt uncomfortable with hosting work progress sometimes

giphy.gif

Then thanks to the support for Victor Jara in this final. Though I said I couldn't imagine to get a PQ again I always spared this special artist for that and I want to give a little background now. Victor Jara is a chilean freedom icon. He was one of the leaders against the Pinochet-regime in the 70's and so he was one of the countless victims. And artist that got killed for his music, but the idea of nueva canción is still a thing in Chile. While receiving the votings I got the idea of ending dead-last with like ~30-40 points in the end. Total surprise for me here to mention that Chugoku has to deal with that now.

I guess these are the thanks you's and now I'm just happy to congratulate Cesar xcheer
This was even for me as a host a shocking victory. The votes kept coming and Seoul leading, leading, leading. Canada behind and I thought Steph should take it in the end with the ones who're left to vote. Daniels mostly kept the voting order like I received it, btw. Only made it more thrilling and not Seoul leading all way through, but I'm losing track rn.
Thing is, it's great to have a new winner, and also one of the ones we thought will never win :eek:
Felicidades dear César and I hope we will move across the Andes. I would be intrigued to stay one more edition with Argentina's loved enemy, but I guess I'll move on for now :D

So hope you had a lot of fun and I hope I get a lot of 2nd to 10th places in the next 100 editions :D

JamieBrown

excuse me, you mean to say Cascada only made it through by 1 point in reju? The absolute scandal. It was only one single point that averted the mother of all meltdowns this contest will surely have ever seen.

Not a single word about Argentina being saved by 1 point in both rankings? No ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom