SECOND SEMIFINAL
09.04 - 13.04

GRAND FINAL
14.04 - 19.04

FINAL RESULTS
20.04 OR 21.04

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Yay happy to see ya hosting Connor!xheart I can't believe it's been over three years since you held your first WV. Time flies too fast. I hope you have fun hosting again.

Krishoes

Can´t wait xheat Good luck Connt

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Good luck hosting Connt! :mrgreen: you're taking us far north with this city - better get my flask of hot chocolate ready.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Right now the weather is still a bit nippy in the Umeå area, so bring your coats, scarfs and gloves. This far north we have more like eight seasons, rather than the traditional four, so it's currently what we refer to as spring-winter. Meaning temperatures around 0°C-3°C, with plenty of snow still left, but it also means that we have more daylight now than a few months ago, the sun is much warmer and is higher in the sky during the day than in proper winter time, the days are brighter and the snow is starting to melt more and more, but it drops below zero at night and whatever little snow has melted will freeze. But because we're still in spring-winter, there's no spring greenery yet. The trees are still bare (and will be so until May), no flowers are blooming yet, and whatever little grass you can find that isn't covered in snow has yet to turn green.

This is the kind of spring-winter that will greet you upon arrival (maybe a bit more snow than that):

varvinter-1.jpg

So with that bleak and gloomy tourist information out of the way, here's what you would have been able to enjoy had this edition been hosted in June instead. Taken by me last year, halfway between Umeå and where I live:

6ft5js.jpg

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Umeå is so beautiful xlove Note to self: visit Sweden in June. Do you get northern lights at night, Anna?

Good luck hosting, Connor! xcheer

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Umeå is so beautiful xlove Note to self: visit Sweden in June. Do you get northern lights at night, Anna?

Good luck hosting, Connor! xcheer
Yes! Not every night and not as often as above the Arctic Circle, but we do get them relatively often. And while we don't have a proper midnight sun here in the summer (again, you need to go above the Arctic Circle for that), we still have 24 hours of daylight in June and July. The sun sets around 23:30 and rises again after 2:00, but during those two hours it's still a super bright twilight. It's absolutely gorgeous. Nothing beats the northern Swedish summer nights. xlove

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Good luck with hosting, I know you'll do a fabulous job

Thank you xlove and thanks to everyone else :mrgreen: excited to host again after such a long time :D

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Re: WV UMEÅ 107 | SCHEDULE | DRAW INSIDE!

THE DRAW:

PARTICIPANTS IN EACH SEMI FINAL:
2ch6ph1.jpg

PQ COUNTRIES:
4vipv8.jpg

Sweden will vote in semi-final 1, United States will vote in semi-final 2.

POT 1:

POT 2:

POT 3:

POT 4:

POT 5:

POT 6:

POT 7:

POT 8:

POT 9:

POT N:

SEMI-FINAL 1:
1039x1k.jpg

SEMI-FINAL 2:
674oy1.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Greece closing the edition. xheat Saving the best for last xo

ferret

Thank you, very nice draw! xclap

RevNet

Really, my entry was in Pot 2? I figured that it'd land in either Pots 4 or 5, but really...Pot 2? Guess I'll see y'all Tuesday if the weather holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom