Tragedy is real again, Steps flopped...

:5: :fi:
:4: :fr:
:2: :en:
:1: :kr:
-----------
11th :is:

Fierro

I'm a bit surprised by that. I thought I would go through. Ah well.

Thank you for all the votes :en:
I enjoyed your entry

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Kai pls. You are out because Pot A and B vote for Pot A and B and Pot F votes for wankers from LOTR and idiots who think they are cool screaming while guitars are piercing your brain playing basic power chords. Meanwhile any earnest experimental music that tries to push boundaries is shunned by these people and it's a fucking shame. Calling it luck I feel is just avoiding the issue. I mean what are people here for? To experience new music or just to jerk each others willy? Regardless, you find resolve in the fact that you know a couple of people enjoyed it thoroughly. That is good. Keep up the good work.

Same applies to whiteshoes obviously. You know you aced it, probably good to hear it from me as well. You were screwed twice in a row now and it's a shame.

Dear Uto. I do understand what you mean with your post, despite the particular way of expressing your opinion, that we've already learned to enjoy. :lol: It is amusing btw. :p And we are here to express our opinions freely and that doesn't mean pleasing others. You've got a point there if you are the kind of person who likes a very wide variety of genres and songs the same way and if you have the kind of taste that allows you to rank an experimental song very high and others, that you usually would rank better, not so much.
The point here is about being true to yourself. I loved Kai's song, for instance. I wouldn't be honest though to my own taste and what I most loved in this semi if I gave it a 12, feeling, knowing and being aware that I loved 9 other songs even more. People are not narrow-minded just because they love what they do. xshrug I could have never given less than 12 to the song I loved the most here. I can see my fewer ranked songs' potential, but what can we do if we love songs the way we do? I can tell you that now, as rarely as it seems, I gave 12s to songs that had nothing to do with my own pot. I love many songs that are not related to my own pot. And I also don't always vote for the songs of my own pot. And I could already notice that with other members' votes and preferences. I mean, we are not scientists and loving music is about what hits your heart the most. We send what we love and we are entitled to do so. Having expectations is something completely different. We are responsible for what we send and we must be aware of that being in a community where we rank songs every moth means: it is not related to who we love and we "don't choose" what to vote for. Whether you like it or not, many jurors might think what you wrote in your post about you and you way of ranking songs as well. xthink xshrug So, I think it's pointless to criticise people based on what they love and vote for. It's already very streesful having to rank songs, choose 10, ranking songs we love with fewer points than we wanted.

Your opinion makes us think. Which is already good and valid. But there's not a solution for this issue because we all, you included, are part of that problem and vote for what we love, and not based on what a scientist would do in a laboratory. Being harsh on other members just because they know what they love and vote accordingly is not a solution and it might be a trap for your own consciousness in the future. You mention songs that meant a lot to you, right, you've made your point clear about 3 pots, but you ended up "forgotting" to mention other songs and members who didn't qualify, who had different things to offer, but they weren't your thing, you didn't support them with points and you didn't refer them, so that only shows your own "limitations" to what your own taste and preferences concerns. In the end, and it doesn't matter how avant-garde your consider your taste and role in this contest, you're just one of us. xcookie

Uto

Veteran
Dear Uto. I do understand what you mean with your post, despite the particular way of expressing your opinion, that we've already learned to enjoy. :lol: It is amusing btw. :p And we are here to express our opinions freely and that doesn't mean pleasing others. You've got a point there if you are the kind of person who likes a very wide variety of genres and songs the same way and if you have the kind of taste that allows you to rank an experimental song very high and others, that you usually would rank better, not so much.
The point here is about being true to yourself. I loved Kai's song, for instance. I wouldn't be honest though to my own taste and what I most loved in this semi if I gave it a 12, feeling, knowing and being aware that I loved 9 other songs even more. People are not narrow-minded just because they love what they do.
Chopped your post here, because what follows is basically just reiteration and your point is made for 95% here. Don't want there to be a whole discussion on this. You make fully acceptable points, but they are not a refutation of mine but essentially a call to accept the limitations of people. I accept those, there is no alternative. Does not mean I do not still feel dismayed by the solipsistic voting of some others. People are not narrow-minded loving what they do. People are narrow-minded showing only love to what they already love.

EDIT: Called EurovisionSmiles post diatribe, was uncalled for, meant simply reiteration.

Last edited:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Chopped your post here, because what follows is basically diatribe and your point is made for 95% here. Don't want there to be a whole discussion on this. You make fully acceptable points, but they are not a refutation of mine but essentially a call to accept the limitations of people. I accept those, there is no alternative. Does not mean I do not still feel dismayed by the solipsistic voting of some others. People are not narrow-minded loving what they do. People are narrow-minded showing only love to what they already love.

Oh there wouldn't be endless dramas or discussions, believe me, I'm over that for years now. :lol: It was just exchanging points of view nothing can be wrong about that. ;) And I got what you meant in both of your posts. :D

ferret

4/10. The results are terrible and I lost my :12: and :10: points. I really miss Worldvision 3 years ago, when I liked 15 songs in each semi-final... Now I feel like I'll have a hard time finding the top-10 in the final. :( All this is sad. Congratulations to the finalists! (y)

theditz83

Veteran
People are not narrow-minded loving what they do. People are narrow-minded showing only love to what they already love.

Just going to quote this again for emphasis! If we didn't want to discover new music, I don't know why any of us would choose to take part in online song contests, especially those that encourage you to delve into the musical heritage of a specific country or region often outside of your own. ;)

Krishoes

Thank you for your votes for :it: xheart It's a big pleasure to be in the final with "L'abisso", a song that touched me in a special way

Congrats to the fellow qualifiers! I'm sad to see many pearls getting the chop xcry

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Ahh man, well the streak had to come to an end at some point :lol: I knew 50% qualification rate was a step too far xrofl Bit surprised this is the song to flop though! xthink Time to start sending some more risky entries I reckon now that I'm not fixated on keeping that streak going :mrgreen:

Congratulations to all the qualifiers xcheer

Fierro

Omg can´t believe mr Anton Lapenko got so few points! Such a sadness but we move on!
Congrats to all the qualifiers
You are the true queen, you could always win if you wanted but instead you're giving us gems trying to extend our taste borders
Waiting for your rise

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Sorry to have missed the results show! Congratulations to all the qualifiers :D :sc: voted thus in REJU:

:12: :D
:10: :lond:
:8: :fi:
:7: :D
:6: :D
:5: :no:
:4: :D
:3: :D
:2: :D
:1: :D

7/10 is good; 1/3 at the top is less good :p

P.S. Voted for one song I had heard before this semi and it didn't qualify. Thoroughly enjoyable to get some new music as always in WV xheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom