Status
Not open for further replies.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
r7OqcHO.png

xzzKirw.png
oPCdgQP.png
0ryOzM3.png

Frida Lyngstad, our first host of the evening, is a Norwegian-Swedish singer and one of the As in ABBA. She started her career in jazz, even taking part in an early edition of Melodifestivalen in 1969! ABBA was the start of her international success, and what success it was. After ABBA retired, she then reached the coveted position of 80s one-hit wonder. This evening, she and Lynda Woodruff reach new career heights as they host the second semifinal of WorldVision!

(see Semi 1 for part one)...joined the European Broadcasting Union payroll as a junior spokeswoman. Woodruff had to make great sacrifices for the position. She had to leave university, where she was signed up to take a geography course. Joining the EBU meant giving up on this path, and Woodruff's difficulty with the names of nations continues to this day. Her years of hard work and sacrifice proved worth it in the end, though, as she worked her way up to the position of EBU spokesperson by the beginning of the 2010s, culminating in 2012 when she was invited to put together a featurette for one of Eurovision's most prestigious national finals.

Let's celebrate Melodifestivalen!

2pfhKQv.png

SEMI 2's MELFEST STARS

Send your votes to lavieenrose and send your heartfelt thanks to [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] for the amazing banners and show!!
DEADLINE: 05/09 - 18 CET

Who's Voted Regular?
:sk: :no: :ru: :cl: ::mazo :ca: ::newy :lond: ::uy :ua: :us: :sobr: :bg:
saka.png
:wale: :mn: :nz:
susa.png
:svea: :ro: DR Congo :sc:

Who's Voted REJU?
::sthm :il: :es: :za: ::midw ::atti :jp: ::do :se: :gr: :ie: :lv: ::mida :fi: :kr: :west:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: WV STOCKHOLM 83 | SEMI 2 | DDL: 05/09/2017 18CET | Send votes to lavieenrose

YAAASSS TIMOTEJ BANNER. xbow Great show once again Kris!

John1

Re: WV STOCKHOLM 83 | SEMI 2 | DDL: 05/09/2017 18CET | Send votes to lavieenrose

I don't like my banner, but the other ones look stunning. :)
:ru: will vote as soon as we can.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Don't know why Lithuania got Owe at her picture instead any blond female singer, possibly you saw my ranking of MF 2017 where he was 2nd (only behind Krista).

I don't like my banner, but the other ones look stunning. :)
:ru: will vote as soon as we can.

Kris don't worry you're doing great sweetie

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Woo E-Type for my banner! xheat

Funny side trivia: I actually spent a whole day filming with him back in 1995. Me and a bunch of other kids were sort of co-hosts of this children's TV program and E-Type (and his band) was the guest artist one of the days. This was right at the start of his career. He was super friendly and cool. We had pizza with him. :)

Fierro

:no: has voted! This is so weak semi... one of the worst. I've shortlisted only 4 songs and the rest from my ranking are just kinda fine but not impressive enough. On the other side maybe it's good that people experiment.

Amir

Veteran

:il: voted in REJU,
not the best semi but I do like my Top 5, and my :12: especially

Aditya

:us: xheart

ZoboCamel

[MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] Unless I'm mistaken, your playlist for the semi seems to be missing Bulgaria. Is it possible you could add it in, or at least put a note saying it's not included?

Thanks for doing the playlists every time though, it's super-helpful xheya

Eulaliya

[MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] Unless I'm mistaken, your playlist for the semi seems to be missing Bulgaria. Is it possible you could add it in, or at least put a note saying it's not included?

Thanks for doing the playlists every time though, it's super-helpful xheya

Ooh, I forgot to add this in a hurry, so it's fixed!

Staewi

What's the connection of Alice Merton to New York? xthink

Tinchey

What's the connection of Alice Merton to New York? xthink

I think someone misread the location of her record label and possibly a place where she was based in for a while. (York, UK)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Krishoes

6a00d83451b8c369e2014e862056fe970d-800wi

"Frankfurt, New York, Oakville, Bournemouth, Berlin… das sind nur fünf von vielen Städten, in denen Alice Merton schon gelebt hat."

"Frankfurt, New York, Oakville, Bournemouth, Berlin… these are just five of many cities in which Alice Merton already lived."

Source: Swr3.de

"Mit 'No Roots' legte die in New York und Kanada aufgewachsene und in Berlin lebende Künstlerin Anfang des Jahres einen beeindruckenden Debüt-Song vor."

"With 'No Roots' the artist, who grew up in New York and Canada and lived in Berlin, presented an impressive debut song earlier this year."

Source: Hna.de

Other sources: N-tv.de, RadioHamburg.de, Wdr.de

---

So according to the rules of this game, I can enter Alice Merton for New York. No mistakes or misunderstandings there.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Tfw you mostly run NFs when it comes to saying who voted and have to resist the temptation to post score updates

ron-trashes-computer-o.gif

Staewi

6a00d83451b8c369e2014e862056fe970d-800wi

"Frankfurt, New York, Oakville, Bournemouth, Berlin… das sind nur fünf von vielen Städten, in denen Alice Merton schon gelebt hat."

"Frankfurt, New York, Oakville, Bournemouth, Berlin… these are just five of many cities in which Alice Merton already lived."

Source: Swr3.de

"Mit 'No Roots' legte die in New York und Kanada aufgewachsene und in Berlin lebende Künstlerin Anfang des Jahres einen beeindruckenden Debüt-Song vor."

"With 'No Roots' the artist, who grew up in New York and Canada and lived in Berlin, presented an impressive debut song earlier this year."

Source: Hna.de

Other sources: N-tv.de, RadioHamburg.de, Wdr.de

---

So according to the rules of this game, I can enter Alice Merton for New York. No mistakes or misunderstandings there.

WorldVision said:
For an artist or group to represent your region, they must satisfy at least one of the criteria below:

- they must have been born in your country/region,
- they must be a citizen(s)*** or a current resident(s) of your country/region (temporary stays due to recording new material, touring etc. are not enough),
- or they must have achieved the majority of their success as an artist/group in your country/region.

All three not satisfied. Even if you consider the "special ties" appendix, in my eyes it's very hard on the borderline ... I mean, she lived there "shortly" as a child.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to talk you or the entry down, but imo it's simply not eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom