Contact us

WV Spin-Off #34 - Melancholy Spin-Off (Deadline for voting: 11th December, 23:59 CET!)

Milos-BC

zxlgm1.png

Greetings ladies and gentleman and welcome to the yet another WV Spinoff, and that is the Melancholy Spinoffxcheer

The time has finally come for the real thing to start :D 17 songs will compete for the title in this spin-off. All 17 are strong in their own way, so we can promise already that this will be one hell of a competition! And without further a do..........may the show begin! :D xcheer

Opening act: Narodni Ansambl - Tamo Daleko

Interval act:
Vocal 5 & Tijana Dapčević - Kišobran

Closing act:
Biljana Krstić & Bistrik Orchestra - Puče puška

We really hope that you enjoyed the show and everything we had to offer! :D Now we can proceed to the voting part - You vote by sending a PM to me (Milos-BC) in a clasisical ESC fashion (you give 12 points to your favorite song, 10 to your second favorite........and 1 point to your least favorite song). The deadline for voting is: 10th December, 23:59 CET!

You can start voting..........now! xcheer

Confirmed regions/countries:

:ie: Milos-BC

:ca: Hele.

:us: Adrian

:uk: Gera11

:en: esc87fan

:it: RomanFromRussia

:lond: JamieBrown

:my: hawadharma

:ru: Steffan

:susa: Avalon

:cy: Nicholas123

:pr: Cinderella

:se: Simon87

:ua: NoraZineb

:cl: cegs5

::onta as78

:svea: Stargazer

JamieBrown

Re: WV Spin-Off #34 - Melancholy Spin-Off (Confirmation deadline: 2nd December, 23:59 CET!)

Give me :lond:, please! xcheer

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Re: WV Spin-Off #34 - Melancholy Spin-Off (Confirmation deadline: 2nd December, 23:59 CET!)

edit: Actually no, I have too many choices for now :lol: brb xheya

Hele.

:ca: for me :)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Mkay, I confirmed with :uk: :D

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I'd like to point out though that not everyone reacts negatively to melancholy. :) Melancholic songs don't necessarily need to make you feel sad or depressed (in fact, they make me feel good and wonderful inside), they just need to have that kind of haunting/sadness vibe about them.

A general rule of thumb is, any song with a melody in minor will sound melancholic. :) I love songs in minor. xlove

esc87fan

Aw, Jamie took my choice! I sent a song for :en:, it's got great meaning for me because every time I hear it, I cry thinking of loved ones who I've lost over the years

hawadharma

:my: for me (song choosing still in progress, probably will take a song from the 80s-90s) ;)

hawadharma

I think each participant can give a little background description on the singer/song - which will give more emotional effect on the song

i.e: The song 'Tears In Heaven' by Eric Clapton was written as a tribute to his infant son who died from falling off a building

Just a suggestion :)

Milos-BC

First post updated with confirmed and reserved countries/regions :D

I'd like to point out though that not everyone reacts negatively to melancholy. :) Melancholic songs don't necessarily need to make you feel sad or depressed (in fact, they make me feel good and wonderful inside), they just need to have that kind of haunting/sadness vibe about them.

A general rule of thumb is, any song with a melody in minor will sound melancholic. :) I love songs in minor. xlove

Yeah, that is correct, I can agree. Though, in my case for example, even though I do like a melancholic song, it still makes me sad :lol: "Rains of Castamere" is a great example. I adore that song, but it is dark and it saddens me. Especially when I know the whole background of it.

I think each participant can give a little background description on the singer/song - which will give more emotional effect on the song i.e: The song 'Tears In Heaven' by Eric Clapton was written as a tribute to his infant son who died from falling off a building Just a suggestion :)

Yes, it's a good suggestion. If participants want to give a description of their own entry, they can do it, however I personally don't think it should be a must. But if others want, I could incorporate some short description from each participant and somehow fit it into the banners of the show.

Cinderella

:ro: , as always :D

EDIT: I want :pr:

Steffan

:ru: is in! I cri evrytiem!

Nicholas123

I will take :cy: :mrgreen:

One of my all time fave greek songs will compete xheart

esc87fan

By the way, if anyone would like to do a LL during the voting period, I could host it

Simon87

Sweden for me

Sultana

:ua: for me

cegs5

:cl: xcheer

Top Bottom