Contact us

WV Spin-Off 161: No Pop or Bop

Zeus

To be honest, I lost enthusiasm for hosting this edition at this point.

I delegate hosting rights to the 3rd place of last edition, @FabiESC
Honestly, just go back to the voting topic and create a new poll, I don't care. Dealing with this kind of hypersensitive framing nonsense did lose my motivation for all this as well already.

Fierro

Until FabiESC responds, you can still submit your entries to my account, as mentioned in the main post.

FabiESC

Until FabiESC responds, you can still submit your entries to my account, as mentioned in the main post.
I'm out of hosting this, because i'm not the right one for this theme. I would have accept my R'n'B song, but as this was to boppy, i don't if i know which song is bop and which not. I don't want the drama. Sorry I'm out.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@Fierro you’re a great host who has given us some of the best shows we’ve ever had. If it was the stuff said here that contributed to you changing your mind then I’m sorry. Certainly wasn’t my intention anyway. I hope you reconsider and have some fun doing something that you do extremely well. Your efforts for us are always very much appreciated.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I don't really understand the drama regarding the title for the spin-off. We've had tons of genre-specific spin-offs in the past (including pop or bop specific spin-offs), and any spin-off that is genre or style specific, is always by default exclusionary to everything not in the title. Since this spin-off encompasses a wide spectrum of genres, the title would be endlessly (and ridiculously) long were it to list them all, so it's much easier to label the spin-off with the genres not included in this specific spin-off. 'Alternative' may have been an option to go with, but I think it could have been a bit misleading since at least for me alternative conjures up a very specific, niche kind of sound and style (think alternative rock).

If a spin-off would be titled "No Metal, Folk or Scores" I wouldn't be huffing and puffing about it. xshrug

Hope you will reconsider hosting @Fierro! xheart

Fierro

Due to my possible prolonged stay in Kyiv i have to push the deadline for 1 day. Sorry for inconvenience.

New entry submission DDL: 6th July 23:59 CEST.

Top Bottom