Contact us

WV Spin-off 158 ⚓ The Nerve Spinoff ⚓ Results - 21.00 CET!

ngl I joined this spinoff hoping to give negative points to chalga and such, but some people had to send literal noise xcrazy And I have to rank professionally produced music with actual melody above that, hence unoriginal minus pts xwall
You know... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? Whether people have sent these entries ironically or not, quality is still subjective. Merzbow's song could have been seen as hot in ether way. It's all about interpretivism, you cannot assume songs are not melodically viable for anyone because "noise" is selected as a creative choice for the composition. What's crap to you can be decent for someone else.

These songs do also have a purpose for the Spin-Off theme as the results show the added excitement of revealing how far down in the rabbit hole a song can sink in with the minus points. That's how I interpreted it.

dogmeat

Sure, it's just my opinion. I'm not denying someone's right to enjoy listening to noise. It's just my own criteria of rating music. And the genre is literally called noise music, so calling it noise is not an insult from my side.

Top Bottom