James Horner & Sissel - Titanic Opening

sNDYqGI.jpg

empo21

Veteran
295020_264732463613636_115501908536693_586370_1954239942_n_1__400x400.jpg

no lokum for fabi

But is it a coincidence that I just finished watching Titanic xheat

Congrats Amir and Norway!

Thanks to everyone who voted for Turkey, my best result ever xheart xheart xheart

Grinch

SCANDEL! Ottoman Empire is robbed!

Congratulations Amir xup Thank you for the great hosting xheart

Amir

Veteran
thank you very much everyone!! xheat xheat
This movie and especially the soundtrack are totally evoking my inner cheesy Amir.
The intro always gives me the chills, that's why I suggested this spin-off.
Didn't think it would win though, so thank you :>>>
Sorry if the results show disappointed you Turkey :<

esc87fan

Congrats Amir, a well deserved win. Titanic's soundtrack is as iconic as the movie itself

Thank you to those who liked my entry, it's a piece of my childhood and it's special to me. Big hugs to you all! xheart

Uto

Veteran
Amir thanks for hosting, was well done. Also of course congratulations on your victory. Is well deserved. It's a very unoriginal choice, but if it's up for grabs someone still has to grab it and it was you who did it and sailed to victory on its massive melody. You victory will forever live on in our hearts and they will go on and on.

Thanks for the people who voted for the USA (basically just Grinch and ana). Bit baffled how there's a crowd that routinely votes for metal and they suddenly can't if it's noiserock, but there are probably reasons for that.

Grinch confirmed superior taste and true revolutionary. Ana confirmed clown and true revolutionary. Let us ride the lightning onward to 2 Morro Morro Land! The future awaits.

Ausesken

Congratulations Amir and :no:!! xcheer I always get very emotional with that opening xcry xcry I knew it would be my 12 pointer from the start :love:
I'm glad Turkey and South Korea completed the top 3, they are amazing xheart although RBD deserved better!! IOTAP

Finally, thank you so much for the points for :co: And just because of the previous debate, here you have the complete version of the song :lol:

Thank you Amir for the wonderful hosting! xlove

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Also thank you for the (few) votes for RBD. It was my childhood obsession as a kid - my parents and I traveled to a beach in a NYE and the same day would have been the series finale of the telenovela, so I made my dad BRING THE TV to the beach so that I could watch it :lol: also owned a lot of items, including accessories, hair gel, phone covers, cd covers.................... even the reason i dyed part of my hair pink when i was young was because I WAS ROBERTA.

but they were a latam sensation so not surprised there wasn't much praise. :lol:

Himan

Thanks for 6th place and the 12 from Nicholas. I'm satisfied with my result (though not with first place...)

Though I'm satisfied with the hosting, didn't expect the results this fast.

Last edited:

Nicholas123

An obvious, yet very deserved winner, congrats, Norway! :D Thnx to the few people who voted for the Greek-African sensation. Special mention to Eulaliya for her :12: xheart

Thnx for the great hosting, Amir! (y)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats :no: and Amir! xlove I've been in love with Titanic and its score ever since I saw it five times in cinema back in 1998. :lol:

Thank you so much to the few blessed souls who enjoyed and/or voted for :nz:! Mirror, Mirror is a series I desperately loved growing up, so much so that I started to collect antique mirrors, similar to the style featured in the series.

:10: :dk: xheart
:8: :cn: :neus: xheart
:7: :gr: xheart
:2: :jp: xheart
:1: :kr: xheart

Bit baffled how there's a crowd that routinely votes for metal and they suddenly can't if it's noiserock, but there are probably reasons for that.
You already answered your own question there, at least when it comes to me. :lol: I don't love all metal or rock, I love melodic metal and rock. My preferred sub-genres like Folk Metal, Symphonic Metal and Power Metal are all incredibly melodious, often cheesily so. :)

ferret

Thank you for the 10th place! :cool: This is a movie and a tune from my childhood.
Unfortunately many of the entries here did not conform to the rules. They were just soundtracks, I'm sorry...
Congratulations to the winner and thank you for hosting! xup Although I don't like this movie and couldn't watch Titanic to the end.:lol:

Steffan

Wooo top 3, best result in a while :) Thanks so much for the points guys! #stanstraykids

And congrats to Amir for the win xheart

Uto

Veteran
You already answered your own question there, at least when it comes to me. :lol: I don't love all metal or rock, I love melodic metal and rock. My preferred sub-genres like Folk Metal, Symphonic Metal and Power Metal are all incredibly melodious, often cheesily so. :)

49j9tj.jpg

But honestly you weren't the one I was expecting votes from because the 'cheese factor' is well known in your case and it's more because of the folk involved that the metal is stanned and I can't possibly claim any folk chops for my song here. Contrary to that I did think it was weird that my Iranian song in WV also didn't get any serious points form you and your lackeys even though that did have a very folksy vibe. So yeah, prior hypothesis was that y'all just racist bastards and that hypothesis still holds. One day I will crack your stone cold hearts.

زندگی ایرانی مهم است

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
But honestly you weren't the one I was expecting votes from because the 'cheese factor' is well known in your case and it's more because of the folk involved that the metal is stanned and I can't possibly claim any folk chops for my song here. Contrary to that I did think it was weird that my Iranian song in WV also didn't get any serious points form you and your lackeys even though that did have a very folksy vibe. So yeah, prior hypothesis was that y'all just racist bastards and that hypothesis still holds. One day I will crack your stone cold hearts.

زندگی ایرانی مهم است
I'm pretty sure I voted for one of your Iranian entries (though with low points I think) and had at least one other entry shortlisted, but that it was just one of those editions where there too many songs to include in my top ten and it unfortunately fell out.

But just like with my metal and rock, I don't automatically love any and all folk songs because they're folk (even though a folk vibe greatly improves any song), I still need to enjoy the actual melody and chord progression for me to ultimately like the song.

Top Bottom