Contact us

WV Spin-off 123 || Video Games || THE SHOW || RESULTS SHOW: 9th May, 20:00 (CET)

Seok-jin

Woah thanks so much to everyone who voted for Age of Wushu's song - Emei xheat
Didn't expect it to finish 2nd xlove
Congrats to the winner! :D
Also hawadharma you did a really great job. Thanks for this fab hosting xclap

Last edited:

Ausesken

Thank you all for the votes for Civilization VI! xrunhug :love:
And of course, thank you @hawadharma for your excellent hosting! xclap

I won't be hosting the next spin-off, so @Mike , it's up to you now!

esc87fan

I'm quite happy with 3 12s and 7th place. Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry!

ferret

Wow, thanks for the 5th place! xheat Congratulations @Ausesken, nice composition! :cool:
@hawadharma, is a great show, thanks for this hosting! (y)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Congratulations to Olga on such a convincing victory xheart

Thank you Hawad for such an awesome show. As Uto said, for someone who confessed to not being a gamer, you put a lot of energy and thought into the whole thing. It was wonderful. Even the little descriptions of our games during the result show! Well done on everything xbow

That Rule of Rose flop though..

Yxnx.gif

Admittedly, I'm quite disappointed with my result, but then what did I expect? I sent creepy lounge jazz (a niche genre in itself) from a cult survival horror game that I'm pretty sure 99% of players here would have been unfamiliar with. Furthermore it was performed by an androgynous voice a friend of mine described to me the other day as sounding like a frog. Still, it's my favourite soundtrack piece of all time. My part time sad sack status today is in huge thanks to this game that managed to really shape me during my teens, leading me down some strange paths. Rule of Rose is so achingly beautiful and tragic. Perhaps the darkest, most saddest story told through the medium of a video game. It hit me hard, psychologically speaking.

The game never actually released in my country. It caused so much controversy prior to its set date, with talks on it even in parliament that the publisher decided to release it in just a few places in very limited number. I have an Italian copy of the game. Today it changes hands for over £200.00 (if ever you want to rob my house you know what to takexheat).

A big thank you to those of you that did give A Love Suicide something here xheart I know for a lot of people this was a strong spin-off. I think I should be pleased I finally got a chance to share this piece here.

JamieBrown

Congrats to Olga for that well-deserved victory xclap
1st place here, 2nd in the main contest. That song is an evergreen here already xheat

Also thanks for the show and to you all who've voted for the Steep score. I didn't expect a 6th place, let alone a left table spot, tbh. So I'm more than glad with the result and that mountain beauty reached you in some way

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Congrats @Ausesken :love: well deserved!

And thank you to those who voted for The Sims. What a flop xheat I knew I should've been spending more time looking for a better song.

As a non-gamer, I didn't enjoy this Spin-Off that much. @hawadharma you did an amazing job hosting though!! xheart

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Congrats @Ausesken :love: well deserved!

And thank you to those who voted for The Sims. What a flop xheat I knew I should've been spending more time looking for a better song.

As a non-gamer, I didn't enjoy this Spin-Off that much. @hawadharma you did an amazing job hosting though!! xheart
Sims were robbed smh

theditz83

Veteran
Oh wow wow WOW! I did not expect that at all after seeing the selection of songs here, but what a pleasant surprise to secure a 3rd place and with quite a few surprising votes as well xup

12 Mike
10 Amir, anaraqueen
7 the_CONWEL, DenizESC, NikolaiMoller, Ausesken
6 Genesis, Eulaliya, CypriotGirl
4 empo21
3 dogmeat
1 John1

Delighted with the winner - my :10: and also great to see my :12: finish inside the Top 5 as well. Both amazingly stirring and epic entries xlove

Thanks @hawadharma for the fabulous hosting xclap

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats to Sogno di Volare! xlove xheat Loved it ever since I first heard it in NSC several years ago. xbow

Thank you to our great host for putting on such a splendid show! xclap

And lastly, thank you so much to the few, but lovely people who enjoyed my melancholic atmospheric nightly little tune. xhug xlove

:8: DenizESC xheart
:7: RainyWoods, esc87fan, ZoboCamel xheart
:5: Mike, JamieBrown xheart
:2: ferret xheart
:1: Uto xheart

@Stargazer and Starfox Adventures team will be voting next.
I wonder if Stargazer get her nickname from playing this game.
Funnily enough, I've never actually played Starfox Adventures, but it was one of my brother's favorite games and I've been in love with its soundtrack ever since I first heard him play it some 18 years ago. My username comes from the Nightwish song "Stargazers". :)

hm I thought my entry could be sth Anna would vote for.. :<
And I did enjoy it and would have voted for it, but I just had too many songs I liked, so a few favorites unfortunately found themselves without points. So sorry. xrose

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congrats Civ VI & Olga, what a great winner xheart
And thanks for 22nd place! Everybody will get eaten by a dragon for this robbery x HP3 also underrated </3

Amazing hosting, hawa xclap xrose

dogmeat

In The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, venture further into the homeland of the Khajiit than ever before.*
*(Of course I copied this somewhere from the Internet). Our resident WV moderator @Gera11 in with the votes.

08-elder-online-gera.jpg

You should say "Khajiit has points if you have coin". With strong accent.
3wdaOTt.jpg

Congratulations to Civ VI! I was sure it would win. Fantastic song!

hawadharma

Thanks for all your feedback on the show, honestly I cannot pull this off without you guys xhug
I was afraid that the scoreboards were too much, and I might overrun the show with all the impromptu scoreboard uploading and random comments which is totally unplanned.

Also, thanks to everyone who voted for my entry from FIFA 06 - "Bir kadın çizeceksin" by Manga.
13th place (right in the middle) is a very good placing in such a competitive spin-off.

I came across this song about 5 years ago (but I forgot how and where). When the spinoff theme was announced, this is the only song that came across my mind (being a non-gamer :lol:)

Time for some appreciation post on my Top 10:

:12: Bastion - this is shockingly underrated! This song is really emotional and kinda summarise my life xcry
:10: Far Cry 4 - During the LL, I thought this will be the top contender. Great fusion on the Hindi lyrics and Western music.
:8: FIFA 08 - I can't help but dance to this contagious upbeat.
:7: Age of Wushu - Very beautiful Oriental tune.
:6: Steep - Great vocalisation and ethnic feel.
:5: Final Fantasy VI - Very melancholic and touches my heart.
:4: The World Ends With You - Reminds me of Anime songs, and my teenage years :)
:3: Civilisation VI - Probably the most intricately done soundtrack in this spinoff. Undoubtedly a worthy winner.
:2: Heroes of Might and Magic IV - beautiful vocalisation, love the operatic duet.
:1: Metro: Last Light - Even if it's such a short track, I enjoyed the playfulness of this song.

Again, thanks and let's hope we can do another spin-off like this in the future xlove

Seok-jin

Sorry guys, but due to a busy schedule at uni I can't host the next edition :(

Top Bottom