Contact us

WV NEWCASTLE 142 - GRAND FINAL - DDL/RESULTS 2030 CET TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seok-jin

no matter, great result for a great song i've had on my list for years.
Send Selena IOTAP IOTAP IOTAP
d7372a99cf399193e306cf1cda2192bb.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is a bit of an emoshen thank you message so forgive me (your biyearly Rainy is insane post).

I first sent Amigo The Devil to the edition we had exactly one year ago. I was going through my darkest days during that period and a lot of horrible stuff had happened (some know the gist but I won't go into detail here). I should have stepped back from WV during that time but I didn't. I used it almost like some kind of carry on mechanism for coping (it felt like a normality which I needed). I sent Amigo's song Cocaine & Abel as every word of it was ringing true to my feelings at that moment. It was the only piece of music that entered my head during that time. That edition was a memory but not a happy one for me. I struggle going back to that song cause I just think of all that happened. A year later and I wanted to send this man again to create a happier memory with him. I say happy but the song has a deceivingly pretty ribbon tied around its harrowing lyrics, and yet Another Man's Grave is the kind of song that takes the acutely distressing experience of the writer and turns it into something achingly beautiful. My favourite thing about music is how it can be so therapeutic for both the writer and the listener. I like how you can take the bad and make something lush and gorgeous from it.

I didn't want to win with this song. I just wanted to share this man's music with you again whilst being in a less dark place. What happened tonight I won't forget. It almost feels symbolic to the journey I've been on this past year. When I say thank you for this, I really mean it. Even when all you can see in front of you is pitch black, it won't be like that forever. It won't rain always.

:12: ::gota ::ceca :gr: :cn: ::gh :jp:
:10: ::sydn
:8: :susa: :pl: :sobr:
:7: :it:
:6: ::seen :au: :svea:
:5: :lond: :lv: :no:
:4: :uk: :fi: ::sudo
:3: :coffee:
:2: :en: ::newy :ca: ::cata
:1: :coffee:

Huge congratulations to Charly and Niko xheart I liked both your bops. I hope one of you will host. My body can't take anymore of the excruciating pain that is derived from hosting, so Charly it's all yours if you want it my friend. You deserve this especially after giving us so many fabulous ChinaFests.

And Gabe.... Gabe, what a guy!!! Thank you for pushing through with this edition. I know the circumstances weren't the best for you but boy did you deliver. What is this first class delivery of the results? Nuts. All your work is very much appreciated.

Love you all xheart Also, PQ ehh... *yoink* Don't mind if I do
daydreaming.gif

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congratulations once again to Mr. Amigo and Mr. Rain-yeehaw for such a convincing victory!! That song has something epic and I felt it from the first listen, I'm happy the whole WV community enjoyed the magic this lil' song has.

And thanks for 16th place and 101 points! xlove It's more I could ask for as it looks like I qualified instead of Scotland. Thanks for your sacrifice Daniel :xo: But next time pls vote and don't flop Bear's Den you bish x

Thank you
:12: :se:
:10: ::iled
:8: :tr: ::gh
:7: ::mida :us:
:6: ::gota :it: :west: ::sudo :nl:
:5: :en:
:4: ::newy
:3: :seou: ::dr ::sydn
:1: :kr:
for your charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent xheart

As for the rest, Queen Tati was too good for you anyway x
source.gif

Great hosting, Gabe xlove So efficient despite dealing with personal issues. Textbook professionalism. xbow

Once again, congratulations Kai for your marvelous victory! Amigo has truly proved his success tonight in an online contest where this community shares and votes for what we love. Your inner insecurities like what you have described here are a cross we all bear through different stages of life. This haunting piece of art has justified how relatable our struggles really are which broke the barriers of pots, especially the right pots and pot A. I loved this so much that I took advantage of a NF with an exploitable voting system to make "Another Man's Grave", my :12:, to win.

Have a great night Kai!

Clara and her song "Sommarminnen" has achieved my second best result ever!
I mean it, thank you!

:12: ::sthm ::cors :sc:
:8: ::smal
:7: :se: :cy: :ua:
:6: :susa: :fi: :us: :jp:
:5: :ca: ::sydn
:4: ::ostl ::ceca :lv: :svea:
:3: :uk: :de: :west: :ar:
:2: ::mida :sobr: :nz:
:1: :en:

Gabe, your hosting was great! The speed and flexibility of your responsibilities were supreme! Thank you for this!

cegs5

Congratulations Kai! I like your song, enough for some points in the semi 1, but couldn’t fit it in my final top 10 as this ediiton was especially good for my taste.

A reprise of my top 10 in the Final

:12: :lv:
:10: :fi:
:8: ::cors
:7: :hu:
:6: :svea:
:5: ::cata
:4: :no:
:3: ::gota
:2: :pl:
:1: ::sthm

shortlisted :us: ::newy:kant:::smal:ir::west::de:
SF 1 DNQ :it::ca::uk:
SF 2 I did not have time to follow it :(

Thank you Gabe for such efficient edition!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
screaming i didnt know the results wre happening

congrats kai your amigo finally won after fairly losing to south korean sensation orange caramel an era has ended 🙌

Ausesken

Congrats to :us: and Kai! xlove

Well done @Gabe with the hosting! The football theme was perfect, and honestly I love having the results right after the deadline.

Finally, thank you for the points for ::dr especially the :12: from Ashley xheart

as78

Congrats :us: and Kai! Really great winner! xlove xcheer
Thank you everyone who voted for :lv:. xlove xbow xhug
:12: :ar:
:10: ::smal :no: ::cata
:8: :svea:
:7: :ca: :fi: :de: :sc:
:4: :gr: :kant:
:3: :pl:
:2: :lond:
:1: ::iled

Thank you Gabe for excellent hosting. xup xcheer
This was a great edition with many wonderful songs and for some I feel really sorry I could not give higher points in the final.

ferret

Congratulations on another victory of Kai & 🇺🇸! :cool: I envy that you can send any music and achieve success again and again...
I can only dream about it now. Even just to reach the final (and take 26th place there) it's a miracle... Thanks for hosting, Gabe!

Veronika gave me some original advice - "If they don't vote for the music that you like, then send the one that you don't like."
Apparently this is the case. And for the first time in 6 years, I do not agree with the results of the NF, which is now closed. ❌
I tried to find music of different styles and artists of different musical cultures, so that it would be interesting for everyone, but...
I cannot break the rules and the winner will be sent in the next edition! I really love the LL show, but most likely will not attend, I hope everyone understands why. Good luck to all of you! :)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats :us: Kai on your win, what a fabulous winning song!! xlove xbow

Thank you Gabe for a fantastic hosting! xclap Was there a hosting team this edition? If so, thank you to you as well just in case! :lol:

Last but not least, thank you for all the points to :svea:! xlove xhug xrose The high pointers towards the end of the show gave me life! xheat

:12: :sobr: ::sydn ::cata xheart
:10: :lv: :sc: xheart
:8: :fi: xheart
:6: ::smal :kant: :ar: xheart
:5: ::seen ::cors xheart
:4: :ca: :cy: :no: xheart
:3: :gr: xheart
:2: ::sthm xheart
:1: :lond: xheart

ShoeFlo

:kant: Kow Otani - Hymn for J.G. 10th place xcheer118 pts :kant:

:10: :uk: ::cors :us: :pl: ::gh :jp:
:8: :ca: ::ceca :gr:
:7: :sobr:
:6: :no: :sc:
:5: ::smal ::cata
:3: :svea:
:2: :lv:

10th place is fantastic for the reason that I finally completed a full set of top 10 results, after I have finished 1st - 9th at least once each before.

I am, if my statistics dont deceive me, only the 12th user to have achieved a full set.

22nd, 24th and 25th are the only places left now. I am not eager for reaching them, though. :LOL:

Having said that my result is fantastic anyway, I didnt expect to get 10th with such a calm instrumental again. My next entry will be more powerful, I promise

Thanks for your flawless and efficient hosting, Gabe xup

and congrats Kai for this surprising victory! You keep ruling over Worldvision :giggle: I certainly enjoyed your song even though this time it failed to make my top 10.

Krishoes

Congrats Kai and the USA xheart

Thank you Gabe xrose

Italy is heading to China to flop again xlove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom