Contact us

WV CHRISTMAS SPINOFF 2018: THE SHOW (DEADLINE 02/01/19 2030CET)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
YAY LAST PLACE xfruit

Thanks to all the votes anyway and congrats Canada!

Mrvn

Woah, seems like I've missed the results. :?
Thx for voting for Lindsey and :cali:. xheart

:12::hr: xheatxheart
:8::susa::west:
:7:::midw
:6::paci:::hamb:en:
:5::nrwe:
:4::us:
:3:::hess
:1::no::ie:

Hele.

OMG I just came to see results and can't believe I won! Thank you so so much for everybody who voted for :ca:! xheart xheart xcheer xcheer
And yes, there is no way I refuse to host this special spin off again! Will start to plan in time! xheart xcheer
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! xhug xheart xhug

Amazing hosting and thank you [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] xbow xheart

As of eligibility of the song, I must say I missed this song was sent in 2014 edition but anyhow, I always thought covers are allowed as in general spin off same versions/covers are allowed (after 15 edition) and as Christmas spin off is once yearly (we cannot wait 15 years to for one song to be available again :lol:) I thought this rule apply for possibility to send covers of previously sent song that didn't win. After all, I once got allowed to send cover of song that previously was in competition (Silent Night in 2014 by Andrea Bochelli and I sent Tiha noć by Doris Dragović, Pastora Soler and Ivo Gamulin in 2016). However, that's not only example as there are some previous songs that as well were allowed to compete like Last Christmas in 2015 (first time Croatian version Na Božić sama in 2013), then Feliz Navidad that by Michele Buble and Thalia won in 2013 but first competed in 2012 by Jose Feliciano feat Daryl Hall...Anyhow, there are maybe some other examples but I think those are enough to present this was case before... so as those were cases before I do not think it should be problem now too (speaking now generally for any of players). Spin offs are generally not that precisely regulated and Christmas spin off is special edition once in year so (making it more uncertain) so maybe it wouldn't be bad for all next editions (Christmas but other spin offs too) made clear regulations to avoid any uncertain situations in future. :)

I have planned for longer to make big and precise and "fancy" spin off base and I will start to work slowly on it very soon. I suggest that through year we "modernize" (update) spin off rules and to clarify all possible uncertain situations and to pinpoint what should be improved, give suggestions, discuss and decide to improve what could be (maybe suggestion procedure, uncertainty in rules etc) improved.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I always thought covers are allowed as in general spin off same versions/covers are allowed (after 15 edition) and as Christmas spin off is once yearly (we cannot wait 15 years to for one song to be available again :lol:) I thought this rule apply for possibility to send covers of previously sent song that didn't win.

You thought right, we even have a rule about this, even though it wasn't used very often:
7. Songs that have taken part in previous spin-offs (or any other version of them) are allowed to be re-entered only if 15 editions pass after they were first enterred.

I have planned for longer to make big and precise and "fancy" spin off base and I will start to work slowly on it very soon. I suggest that through year we "modernize" (update) spin off rules and to clarify all possible uncertain situations and to pinpoint what should be improved, give suggestions, discuss and decide to improve what could be (maybe suggestion procedure, uncertainty in rules etc) improved.

Yeah that would be great ^^

Eulaliya

Would [MENTION=12510]esc87fan[/MENTION] be interested in hosting this year's Christmas Spin-off since Hele has taken time off WV and the forum itself?
(If not for her, then whoever had :lond: is considered!)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Would [MENTION=12510]esc87fan[/MENTION] be interested in hosting this year's Christmas Spin-off since Hele has taken time off WV and the forum itself?
(If not for her, then whoever had :lond: is considered!)

Yes, Steph will host ^^ We just talked about this in the mod area a few days ago :lol:

esc87fan

Yes, I will be hosting this year's Christmas special - it will be "A Holiday in Berlin" since my entry last year came from Germany. I will open the confirmation thread either this weekend or early next week

There will be 2 hosts: one German and one international

And... I will be giving participants a homework assignment when the confirmation thread opens! You'll find out what it is then

Top Bottom