Contact us

WV BOSTON 125 🖤 SEMI FINAL 2 🖤 QUALIFIERS REVEALED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uto

Veteran
Jeez calm down. Wasn't trying to be patronizing at all. I was only explaining from years of experience playing this game, since it's often newcomers have expressed similar disappointments. xshrug
This isn't exactly making things better, as branding me a newcomer that needs explanations on the validity of his emotions is again condescending and only serves to prove the claim that you were patronizing to me. A more empathetic tone would have helped considerably, but that ship has sailed.

Steffan

Omg yay! Thanks for the qualification guys xheart

And congrats to the other qualifiers as well :)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
This isn't exactly making things better, as branding me a newcomer that needs explanations on the validity of his emotions is again condescending and only serves to prove the claim that you were patronizing to me. A more empathetic tone would have helped considerably, but that ship has sailed.
Again you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say. I never even once said your emotions and feelings of disappointment weren't valid. I was only trying to be helpful and explain why there sometimes might be such a disconnect between the feedback you get and the results you get. But whatever.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I can't count the disappointments I had all these years. And my experience with :br: was the saddest of all. :( But still things will improve @Uto I think you must take things easier. I think Anna was doing exactly what you've missed: being empathetic. And she doesn't do this very often.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I think Anna was doing exactly what you've missed: being empathetic. And she doesn't do this very often.
You're making it sound as if I have a cruel black heart that only thaws once in a blue moon. :LOL:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
And I focused things on me, which I don't like doing. I can't complain, even. In almost 8 years it's only natural that I had very bad moments: 8-10 editions in a row without qualifying, but I had good moments before that. Most of us been there. My experience with :br: was mentioned because it was terribly frustrating because I've sent songs I praised so much. xcry In 7 editions I've qualified twice and one of them because someone didn't vote. xcrazy Most of us had our dark times.
But many members have far more reasons to feel disappointed and they deserve our respect with their absolutely divine behaviour and having a lot to complain and never giving up.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I was really expecting me to go all You really placed me last didn't you!!!! IOTAP so yay thanks for the qualification! The time it spent on my playlist was worth it it seems.

Also this is the first time Steffan and I both qualified from the same semi! xheat great day for Worst Korea!!!!

Good thing most of my high points got through

but

KkkeuCK.png

:12: :de: DID YOU GUYS REALLY HAVE TO KILL MY FAVORITE SASH SONG AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME? xcry And it was me who suggested Sash! to Fabi in the first place!!!!! The last place to Winsterious times was already criminal and we will never forget that, but not even a final and a secured 12 from me? the SCANDAL

Bad thing is also that NONE of my low points got through :lol:

:5: :hr: itwastooaheadofitstimeforcertainpeople.gif
:4: :cali: damn reju xcry
:3: :susa: i know rap is usually doomed here but damn only 11 points? IOTAP criminal
:2: :ir: #staystrong uto your result is already better than last time you will get that final soon!!!
:1: :jp: still SHOCKED i only gave this a single point when it's a 10/10 anime opening to me, that's how brutal the semi was

Uto

Veteran
Again you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say. I never even once said your emotions and feelings of disappointment weren't valid. I was only trying to be helpful and explain why there sometimes might be such a disconnect between the feedback you get and the results you get. But whatever.
It's implied. I say I feel A because of B. Then you say B is false, which implies A is false as well, especially given the matter-of-fact tone. It might be that you never meant it to come across like this, but it did come across as patronizing. It's fine, shit happens, it's no big deal, but I want to explain why I dismissed you.

Uto

Veteran
:12: :de: DID YOU GUYS REALLY HAVE TO KILL MY FAVORITE SASH SONG AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME? xcry And it was me who suggested Sash! to Fabi in the first place!!!!! The last place to Winsterious times was already criminal and we will never forget that, but not even a final and a secured 12 from me? the SCANDAL

The real question here is of course how it came to be that this song won the NF when only you stanned it hard. How much money did you invest in Fabi's endeavors?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
But many members have far more reasons to feel disappointed and they deserve our respect with their absolutely divine behaviour and having a lot to complain and never giving up.
@fer20 Comes to mind especially! Bless her neverending patience and perseverance. xlove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom