Contact us

WV BEVERLY HILLS 118 || THAT'S SO L.A. || GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fierro

Not a fan of the song, but congrats :lond:!

Thank you to the :cali: team for the Art Decolicious hosting! xbow Thoroughly enjoyed it. xheat

Thank you so much for all the points to :svea:! :D xlove xhug xbow xrose I thought it would finish in the bottom half, so a top ten finish is a great result! xheat

:10: :dk: :lv: xheart
:8: :en: :madr: xheart
:7: :ro: :pe: :tr: :sobr: xheart
:6: :is: :susa: xheart
:5: :ca: :fi: :cn: :au: xheart
:4: :kant: :ba: :ru: xheart
:3: :nwen: xheart
:2: :de: :pome: :pl: xheart

When I read Pot 9 and Pot 1 posts, sometimes I feel like we had two separate shows

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thank you Laura and Ashley for putting on such a fabulous edition for us. It was absolutely amazing xheart Such an art deco inspired fantasy.

It’s so great to finally see Sugababes win here. I kept coming super close with them in spin-offs but they’ve never done too well whenever people sent them to the main game. I guess About You Now was the one to do it with.

Congratulations also to Daniel and Denizxgoddess Olafur got very unlucky here as his song could have been a 12 from me on most editions. Also, I have to apologise Deniz. Your song was a shortlist in both the semis and final but it was a strong edition, and Euro dance from that era is generally not my area, though I can certainly appreciate it still of course. You slayed it. What a way to grab a medal there.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Sorry I had to go - parents called! Congratulations to Ashley!! One point didn't feel enough in the final - just so many fab songs - but I am really chuffed for you xup xcheer Amazing show from our hosting team as we've come to expect too - great job all round xlove xlove

Thank you so much to the iconic people who supported my entry xhug I didn't expect to qualify tbh, so coming 19th feels like a real win!

:8: :dk: :sobr:
:7: :ca: :neus:
:6: :it: :ru:
:5: :is: :ua:
:4: :bg: :svea:
:3: :si: :se: :lv:
:2: :ba: :pe: :tr: :susa:
:1: :kr: :es: :cy:

And don't forget, there's a National Final ongoing in :sc: - why not stop by en route to :lond: for next edition? ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
First off commiserations to Deniz for not quite getting his first win, 2nd is still a fabulous result and you may be a bit disappointed right now but you'll soon realise how great 2nd place actually is. ❤

Now for me. THANK YOU! Like I said briefly I knew this could do well but I never imagined it would win. It's my absolute favourite song from the Babes and i've spent years telling everyone else who have suggested they'll send them to send this song, but they didn't. I'm thrilled I got to do it in the end and then win with it. It's a nostalgic pop hit for me (and probably for some other Brits also) from over a decade ago, it was such a huge smash hit and I remember it being literally everywhere. I find the British pop scene just so horrifically poor nowadays, lacking any soul or any real level of authenticity and just catchiness. Yeah there are some hits, but 'About you now' reaches back to a much stronger pop era for the UK. Thank you once again for win and the points. I will ofc host the next edition but because i'm rather ill atm so it may take me a couple of days to get a schedule up. :heart;

:lond: 1st
159pts

:12: :us: :pl: :neus: That Pot 6 support xheat
:10: :es: :se: :nz:
:8: :ro: :paci: :gr: :west:
:7: :de: :cali: :il: :hu:
:6: :bg: :ua:
:5: :pome: :en: :si:
:4:
:3: :kr:
:2:
:1: :sc: :it: :nl:

xkiss
Sorry if i missed anyone, but thank you. xheart

Last edited:

esc87fan

I'm not the biggest supporter of pop songs by any stretch of the imagination, but if there's something that appeals to me I will vote for it. The big reason why I gave 12 to Northwest England and 8 to the Netherlands is because they're so nostalgic to me - the former watching "Neverending Story" with my dad growing up and the latter listening to my old MuchMusic Dance Mix tapes in high school

cegs5

Congratulations Ashley on your winning xclap

THANK YOU all who voted for :pe: After seven failures in a row, I was already happy for qualifying, never imagined to accomplish another top top 10, 7th place for this little traditional folk song is just more that I expected, amazing xlove

Thank Laura and Ashley on your very entertaining and efficient hosting xrose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom