Contact us

WV#41 Eurovision Karaoke Spin-Off | Confirmation Thread

Milos-BC

9gbxav.png

Greetings ladies and gentleman and welcome to the 41st WV spinoff, and that is Eurovision Karaoke Spin-off ! xcheer

This spinoff is special and different than all the others. The main difference is that this time instead of sending someone else performing a certain entry, we will have the (guilty) pleasure to hear our fellow forum members competing and performing various different songs :D And it just happens to be even more exciting, as they will compete by singing entries that participated in our favorite contest :D

The rules of this spin-off are very clear and straightforward. All you need to do is record yourself singing any ESC entry (1956-2015), upload your recording to any audio or video streaming service (Soundcloud, Youtube, Vimeo, etc....) and then send all that to me.

So, this is the basic form that you need to fill in order to participate:

Song:
Link:

You may NOT send songs that participated in various national finals, but didn't make it to the contest itself, so ONLY and STRICTLY ESC songs are allowed.

Multiple users can cover the same entry!

The deadline for entry submission is: 1st May, 23:59 CET!

May the show begin! xcheer Have fun singing and recording yourself! :D

Confirmed participants

Milos-BC
esc87fan
JamieBrown
Simon87
Charlyje
Stargazer
as78
ParadiseES
94ayd
Carrie
hawadharma
DaFlo
RainyWoods

esc87fan

Re: WV#41 Eurovision Karaoke Spin-Off (DEADLINE: 1st MAY, 23:59 CET!)

Sent an entry for :ch:! xcheer

Carrie

::eang will participate!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I wont participate but I hope someone sings "Suus". That should be a fun listen. xheat

JamieBrown

I will participate, and to make it more ridiculous I will sing in a language I can't speak :lol:

esc87fan

Hey, I may be switching juries in the actual WV next edition, but it's not going to stop me from pulling a few more Switzi tricks from up my sleeve ;)

Milos-BC

I wont participate but I hope someone sings "Suus". That should be a fun listen. xheat

Yes you will!

9395.png

Repeat after me "I will record something and send it to Milos, I will record something and send it to Milos" :twisted:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Nooooo I can't sing. :(

Milos-BC

No worries, nobody is a pro here :D This is not X Factor. I strongly encourage you to try.

And we're here to have fun anyway xcheer

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I will participate, and to make it more ridiculous I will sing in a language I can't speak :lol:

I tried that in NSC Karaoke 2 years ago with Valentina's song xrofl2

I think I will try with something from Azerbaijan. So :az: for me, for now :oops:

Simon87

Russia for me :lol:

Simon87

Actually nothing for now xD

Milos-BC

I will take Serbia & Montenegro :D (ow it's really not difficult to guess what entry I will cover :lol: )

p.s. Of course, the fact that I took "the union" still means that these two regions as separate countries are available D

ShoeFlo

How do I get good karaoke versions of the Eurovision songs? :confused:

esc87fan

You can look up "Eurovision karaoke" or "Eurovision instrumental" in YouTube or a search engine. If you need any of the 2015 tracks, I have them - just let me know which ones you may want and I'll send them to you

Milos-BC

I am still undecided between ::cs and :sl: . I think I will record both and then decide which one I will take.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

[MENTION=4368]Milos-BC[/MENTION] I think it would make more sense if we participate as ourselves, rather than the country whose entry we'd be singing. Seeing as this spin-off is a bit more challenging since not all entries are easy to perform, the same country could be used by more than one person.

In the NSC ESC karaoke spin-offs, the same songs can be recorded by more than one person and maybe this should be allowed here as well? It wouldn't be very nice or fair for someone to have to re-record something only because someone else managed to send their version in earlier. Obviously, this might not even happen since we have ALL the Eurovision songs to choose from, but it could happen and I think this should be allowed. :)

hawadharma

Mamo please... :lol:

Milos-BC

@Milos-BC I think it would make more sense if we participate as ourselves, rather than the country whose entry we'd be singing. Seeing as this spin-off is a bit more challenging since not all entries are easy to perform, the same country could be used by more than one person.

In the NSC ESC karaoke spin-offs, the same songs can be recorded by more than one person and maybe this should be allowed here as well? It wouldn't be very nice or fair for someone to have to re-record something only because someone else managed to send their version in earlier. Obviously, this might not even happen since we have ALL the Eurovision songs to choose from, but it could happen and I think this should be allowed. :)

Hmmm........you are right about this. I didn't think about it. You are the one who suggested the theme, so it must be as you want, but you are totally right in this case. I will edit the first post now :D

So, for everyone interested in taking part - going forward no one has to state which country/region he/she will choose. Just send me the entry :) And multiple users CAN cover the same entry!

Sultana

I wıll try to sıng somethıng :lol:

Top Bottom