Contact us

WV 158 LEIDEN 🌷 SEMIFINAL 1 IN BLOOM 🌷 QUALIFIERS REVEALED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theditz83

Veteran
Welcome to The Netherlands in bloom - let's tour some of the iconic sights and events on offer, and savour the sounds and flavours of this small but mighty nation!

Semi-1-Header.png

OPENING ACT
WV158 WINNERS PERFORMANCE

INTERVAL ACT

PQ FINALIST

Time-to-vote.png

FERRET SHOW

Last edited:

esc87fan

Beautiful show, Gary!

I've been to St. Jan's Cathedral in Den Bosch (UK banner), and I saw Van Gogh pieces at the Nordbrabants Museum (Canada banner)

Looren

Veteran
Stunning show Gary xheart

Also

AAAAAAAAAAAA MY FAVE FEMALE SINGER AND ESC ARTIST EVER IS THERE

Uto

Veteran
No one asked for this. It was still done:

01: I have owned klompen, they are subpar for everything but farm work
02: I drove over the Afsluitdijk during a thunderstorm, it was a mythical experience
03: Been to Haarlem couple times, gorgeous city, never this festival though
04: Been to Texel once, don't remember this lighthouse, Texel is a boring tourist island
05: Never been there
06: Been to Mauritshuis Museum, the Girl with the Pearl Earring is enchanting irl
07: Stroopwafels are proof that all other countries have no real culinary tradition
08: Never been there
09: If you're a Dutch kid you've been to Madurodam, simple as that
10: Never been there, all the hallmarks of a tourist trap
11: Never been there, pictures always spectacular though
12: Maastricht is one of the prettiest cities in the Netherlands for how non-Dutch it looks
13: Klene Muntendrop is the best drop. I must have eaten about 50 kilos of the stuff in my life. Is legit.
14: Never been there
15: Gouda is a pretty city, but it's kind of small so I would advise Leiden instead
16: Been to Alkmaar, but never the city center
17: Only ever saw the Dam Palace from the outside, was once the biggest public building on earth, big ass thing
18: Bitterballen are okay if you ask me, but no idea why some people are obsessed
19: Never been there
20: Beautiful church, but it fades in comparison to what other countries have to offer
21: I live really close to this park, it's awesome when the heath is in bloom, purple world
22: Never been there
23: Nothing to say, foreigners like it more than the Dutch themselves do
24: Facts are facts, we are miles ahead when it comes to bicycling, no place in the world compares
PQ: The atmosphere along the canals is generally really nice, but Amsterdam is Amsterdam so yeah fuck them

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:susa: voted. Semi 1 was soo good. xheat Love my 12 especially.

Love the show Gary. xheart Also my banner looks super interesting. What a fab line up.

hijirio

Veteran
Bisexual republic of
tumblr_pj3h088VCd1wtg1qf_540.jpg
has voted

Poor semi imho, but my top 3 is stronk. Will check sf2 now.

giphy.gif

Amir

Veteran
:il: has voted
it was hard to find songs for my Top 10 xshifty

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:us: has voted in both semis. Some good entries.

The show is absolutely wonderful, Gary xheart Beautiful and educational. I'm glad to learn that I was right all this time in my head thinking of Uto as being a clog wearing, tulip clutching, 7 foot Dutch gentleman cheese trader whose hobby is cycling past windmills on lovely sunny afternoons.

theditz83

Veteran
Deadline is a little over 4 hours away - reju voting lines are also still open, and :tr: still needs to come back to me with corrected reju votes for me to be able to count them - have messaged you ;)

theditz83

Veteran
xhelp THE DUTCH ORGANISING COMMITTEE NEED YOU!! xhelp

Disaster has struck our organising comittee today, as the courier tasked with transporting the precious coloured tulips of our 12 qualifiers has become side-tracked in some impromptu open-air celebrations in a canal somewhere in Amsterdam! News reports say the party has been going on for days, so we're sure that the mischievious crowd have hidden the tulips somewhere in the rabble!

We need your help during the results show this evening to find those colourful blooms and complete the bouquet so that our HoD can transport them safely on to Leiden in time for the final (you just can't trust those couriers).

Join us for the hunt at 20:00CEST this evening xpolice

Source-image.jpg

* Note - this picture was taken moments before the courier's van was raided and the tulips were hidden, so don't be searching now unless you want to drive yourself insane :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom