Contact us

WV 158 LEIDEN 🌷 IN BLOOM 🌷 FINAL DRAW POSTED INSIDE 🌷 LL 26/06 @ 21:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

theditz83

Veteran
WV158-Promo.png

WELKOM IN LEIDEN, NEDERLAND

We are delighted to invite you all to a celebration of Dutch icons - from tasty treats to beautiful blooms, throughout the semi finals we'll share with you the best that The Netherlands has to offer before we take you on a tour of our beautiful host city of Leiden for our final!

Schedule.png

LL TIMES TBC
RESULTS SHOWS HELD THE DAY AFTER VOTING DEADLINES
ALL TIMINGS MAY BE SUBJECT TO SMALL CHANGES

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can't wait to celebrate Dutch Icons such as Uto and all that. xheat Good luck hosting :D

Uto

Veteran
Leiden is a great choice. It's a beautiful city that is often overlooked as it's right between some other heavy hitters like Amsterdam, Haarlem and The Hague, but really it's up there and luckily it's not overrun by tourists. It is also the home of Naturalis, the most gorgeous museum of natural history I have ever been to and me being such a science bitch it's my favorite place in Leiden. I have fond memories of the city as I went there twice to play in a big tournament between high schools from all over the Neds playing various sports. I was of course our chess player. First year I did well, came 7th out of 20. Second year I came 3rd out of 20 and our school won the overall tournament. It was the best tournament I ever played I think.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Leiden is a great choice. It's a beautiful city that is often overlooked as it's right between some other heavy hitters like Amsterdam, Haarlem and The Hague, but really it's up there and luckily it's not overrun by tourists. It is also the home of Naturalis, the most gorgeous museum of natural history I have ever been to and my being such a science bitch it's my favorite place in Leiden. I have fond memories of the city as I went there twice to play in a big tournament between high schools from all over the Neds playing various sports. I was of course our chess player. First year I did well, came 7th out of 20. Second year I came 3rd out of 20 and our school won the overall tournament. It was the best tournament I ever played I think.
Glad the city has great memories for you. Maybe another great memory will be made during your stay for WV 158 too ;)

Uto

Veteran
Leiden is the German word for "suffer" , not a good omen. Hope it will still be a fun edition.
Good luck!
In Dutch that would be 'lijden'. Doesn't mean 'leiden' has no meaning, in Dutch it means 'to lead'.

Gelderland in with a song in German.

cegs5

As I missed last edition, belated congratulations on your winning Gary! Best of luck hosting!

theditz83

Veteran
Just a small update from me...

Real life requirements (aka job interview) tomorrow will mean that I likely won't be able to be on the site (for any length of time other than a quick flick through on a work break) until very late at night, so I'm leaving the semi draws in the very capable hands of Ashley.

Thanks @Alevender for confirming the new pots in time for this, and I'll be sure to provide more updates on the Semi 1 show just as soon as I have all of the entries confirmed and have the draws to be able to complete the banners. I'm still on track for posting the show after the LL (which will hopefully be held on Friday night mod permitting) ;)

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks legend for carrying out the draw, much appreciated. xheart

All we need now is the traditional Steph Canadian blessing (belated but still required) and the countdown to Semi 1 can begin ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Thanks legend for carrying out the draw, much appreciated. xheart

All we need now is the traditional Steph Canadian blessing (belated but still required) and the countdown to Semi 1 can begin ;)

Worry not, she gave her blessing in the submission thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom