Contact us

WV 146 🦋 SUWON🦋 GRAND FINAL 🦋 RESULTS INSIDE 🦋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Steph and :ca: for your victory! After your long-awaited victory, this must have felt amazing for you gurl. Definitely a well-deserved victory for you as a jury! xheart

But...

Not the song itself... I do not like most of the anglo Pot E/F stuff and especially not this. This ballad is sluggish, cliched, and it's boring in the worst possible way. I feel nothing when listening to this, more like a chore listening through the song. But people liked the song and voted for this, so this is fair game, I guess?

Well... Ranting is healthy in small doses.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Huge congratulations Steph!! Overwhelmingly chuffed for you xlove xlove

Thanks for all the :lond: points - much appreciated too as always!! Great hosting and final show - sorry I couldn't follow along as well as I would have liked. The tension was fabulous from what I was following, so good job there! :D

hijirio

Veteran
A very boring, cliché and cringy winner, which is a common sight here. But congratz to Steph for a long-awaited victory!

At the same time, I’m very happy to see an unapologetic slutpop in top 3, which is a very rare occasion in this contest (especially considering it’s a reju qualifier).

See you next edition in Canada! The anticipation is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congrats Steph! xcheer I'm not really a fan of Loreena and this song did nothing for me but I'm happy to see you finally scored a victory with Canada! Well done!

And thank you for 13th place and 109 points! xheart I initially thought I would end up in the bottom

Great hosting from Mr. BTS and his twin xbow xbow let's do this again sometime soon

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
@RainyWoods I thought I had explained in my previous post what happened, then I found out that I didn't. I would have given :us: 5 ponts. That's why I apologised. Too tired, I suppose. :( It made me feel sad, because I love a few Bette Middler's songs. I hate when this happen, but it did. xshrug

The 3 songs that I referred after my votes had been sent were :fr: :lond:, :hk:.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@RainyWoods I thought I had explained in my previous post what happened, then I found out that I didn't. I would have given :us: 5 ponts. That's why I apologised. Too tired, I suppose. :( It made me feel sad, because I love a few Bette Middler's songs. I hate when this happen, but it did. xshrug

The 3 songs that I referred after my votes had been sent were :fr: :lond:, :hk:.

Don't you worry about it Luis! It happens. I was like awww after you left a love reaction on my greenroom post and then saw the 0, but I just assumed the final was too strong for you. Those 5 points wouldn't have even made a difference anyway to Bette's placing as she was 6 points behind the next song. I'm glad you enjoy the song and I'll gratefully accept those 5 points in spirit hehe xyesxheart

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Don't you worry about it Luis! It happens. I was like awww after you left a love reaction on my greenroom post and then saw the 0, but I just assumed the final was too strong for you. Those 5 points wouldn't have even made a difference anyway to Bette's placing as she was 6 points behind the next song. I'm glad you enjoy the song and I'll gratefully accept those 5 points in spirit hehe xyesxheart

Thanks for understanding. And yes, I'm not the type of person who adds a hotty smiley to a song after listening to both sfs just for the fun of it, it means it will be in my top 10. I would feel better if I gave you those 5 points, anyway, and being honest is always important to me, as you might know. xheart I always refer to my mistakes... I even forgot to vote in my 12 pointer with :fi: when JSSArcos sent one of my big faves. xshrug I don't like leaving things somewhere in the dark. Sorry once again, sweetie! xheart

esc87fan

I should have the schedule for next edition ready sometime tomorrow after I come home from work. Please PM me if you're interested in co-hosting, I need a lot of help with the banners

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I should have the schedule for next edition ready sometime tomorrow after I come home from work. Please PM me if you're interested in co-hosting, I need a lot of help with the banners
Maybe @Eulaliya would like to co-host with you! I know she expressed a desire to help out in a previous edition. :)

Journalist

Once again, congrats to Canada on your victory. xheart Congrats Kanto and Bulgaria for your well-deserved medals, as well! xbow @Seok-jin awesome hosting! Thanks for inviting me to join you as co-host. xlove

wId9e6WkiB8IhzZTLnq50ZE7k9czfGBhH4a_RghVe44UoPqCqAgG0QM8ifmd_X4LoFjym3wdbmwLHxOXtcOFRn3v6KxDiJqrmqVKQdsnKklX8Pyvyw-D_1VleG1H
s-8dd357fda4e794f76a03273dec343b5b5f590e72.gif

I am really proud to see Ajda in the final for the first time ever - she totally deserved it! xheart
Thank you guys for making this dream real:

18th place, 97 points

xhug

:12: ::sudo :kr:
:10: :tr:
:8: :ro: ::tm
:7: :bg: :us:
:6: ::iq
:5: :susa:
:4: :de: :es: :seou:
:3: ::vstl ::mida
:2: :hu: ::ceca

For the next edition, I have many songs on my mind, so the delegation still needs to decide what to send. xmusic

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Where is ::chub at IOTAP

Anyway, thank you legends for a very beautiful hosting, I know you reached the peak of your ESCUn career xheat

Thank you all ::chub supporters, I was actually quite surprised to qualify, and I got some high points from people I didn't expect
:12: :it:
:10: :br: :be: ::tm
:8: :fr: :nl:
:7: ::ostl :neus:
:6: ::yohu
:5: :kr:
:4: :en:
:3: :al: :uk: :hk: :ar: :sc:
:2: :us:
:1: :bg: :es: :ca:

Congrats :ca:, see you next edition with :kant: xcheer

Uto

Veteran
A 5th place for this type of song leaves me speechless, I always flopped when I tried to send something in this style. A blast from the past, glad you liked it!

Meanwhile Krishoes winning three editions or so ago with a blast from the past.

fer20

p.s. Fer, :sobr: 10th place with a classic in Latino music that I didn’t know it was originally Brazilian until I checked your entry… things WV teaches us!

Evidências is a classic karaoke song in Brazil :lol: (#1 I suppose), everybody knows the lyrics... except Alcione, the female singer in the video that Ana Raquel posted to me

She says she loves the song and would love to record it, Xororó replies he would love to listen to Evidências in her voice.
The host (whose catchphrase is: "who knows it does it live") asks her to sing a little bit xcookie

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Firstly, a HUGE congratulations to Steph on your home win! Your dedication to WV is absolutely incredible, and I'm so glad you were able to nab a win - and with a great song no less!

Secondly, thank you for a really unexpected great result for Albania this edition. I love Manjola so much, and it was great to get to share this song of hers with all of you.

Thirdly, thank you to our hosting team for this fantastic show!

empo21

Veteran
warning long post ahead

Me seeing how close I was to winning
imoS7N0.png
bv7GIvi.png

Me realizing I finished 3rd despite being REJU
B87Pgrc.png

Joke aside, I've been so overwhelmed by the support during the entire run of this edition, yet I was still surprised how well Pres and Lidia did xheart I congratulate Canada for the win - not a song that I enjoyed, but WV is its audience.

That really makes to bring up the elephant in the room - the declining diversity of the contest and the borderline circlejerking of the same old same old. It's obvious even for me, someone who's only been competing for a year and a half.

While every pot had almost a 50% qualification, pot B only had 1 song enter the finale, and it's pretty much the reason :bg: placed this high which is why it feels bittersweet. It's crazy seeing 2 of the 4(?) uptempo song in this 25 song final came from REJU (I do like to note that without REJU, the other qualifiers would've been uptempo songs as well), but it is discouraging to notice this trend.

Like it was said in an earlier post - it's a Pot E/F slot machine.

There's really nothing that can be done. No one can influence the voting or enforce a rule, but my plea to the remaining pots would be to be more open minded entering a semi. If I have been able to score a song that I wouldn't usually listen to on a daily basis - so can you! If I can refrain myself from hitting the dislike button in the first 5 seconds of a song - so...can...you!

And for this portion of my monologue, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for Bitter Truths xheart Thank you so much xlove

:12: ::tm :ro: :tr: Vestlandet
:10: :hu: :es: :seou: Istanbul
:7: :susa: :br: :kr: ::mida
:6: :be:
:5: ::ostl ::ceca
:4: :dk:
:3: ::iq :at:
:2: :neus: :nl:
:1: ::sudo :ar: :cn:

I've come to the end of my 4 edition plan, so right now I'm not sure what to do/send. I was planning on taking a break, but I think I'll stick around for a few more editions before deciding. Thank you all who voted for :bg: and in Chalgavision xheart xheart xheart

Journalist

warning long post ahead

Me seeing how close I was to winning
imoS7N0.png
bv7GIvi.png

Me realizing I finished 3rd despite being REJU
B87Pgrc.png

Joke aside, I've been so overwhelmed by the support during the entire run of this edition, yet I was still surprised how well Pres and Lidia did xheart I congratulate Canada for the win - not a song that I enjoyed, but WV is its audience.

That really makes to bring up the elephant in the room - the declining diversity of the contest and the borderline circlejerking of the same old same old. It's obvious even for me, someone who's only been competing for a year and a half.

While every pot had almost a 50% qualification, pot B only had 1 song enter the finale, and it's pretty much the reason :bg: placed this high which is why it feels bittersweet. It's crazy seeing 2 of the 4(?) uptempo song in this 25 song final came from REJU (I do like to note that without REJU, the other qualifiers would've been uptempo songs as well), but it is discouraging to notice this trend.

Like it was said in an earlier post - it's a Pot E/F slot machine.

There's really nothing that can be done. No one can influence the voting or enforce a rule, but my plea to the remaining pots would be to be more open minded entering a semi. If I have been able to score a song that I wouldn't usually listen to on a daily basis - so can you! If I can refrain myself from hitting the dislike button in the first 5 seconds of a song - so...can...you!

And for this portion of my monologue, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for Bitter Truths xheart Thank you so much xlove

:12: ::tm :ro: :tr: Vestlandet
:10: :hu: :es: :seou: Istanbul
:7: :susa: :br: :kr: ::mida
:6: :be:
:5: ::ostl ::ceca
:4: :dk:
:3: ::iq :at:
:2: :neus: :nl:
:1: ::sudo :ar: :cn:

I've come to the end of my 4 edition plan, so right now I'm not sure what to do/send. I was planning on taking a break, but I think I'll stick around for a few more editions before deciding. Thank you all who voted for :bg: and in Chalgavision xheart xheart xheart

I šte me moliš ti
I šte me iskaš ti
Srce to tvoje što zapali oganj da gori 🔥🔥

Amazing entry! For me, it's on constantly repeat! xheat xheat xheat
Keep Balkan's spirit alive! Coming soon ✈

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
There's really nothing that can be done. No one can influence the voting or enforce a rule, but my plea to the remaining pots would be to be more open minded entering a semi.
I'm sorry you feel that this isn't happening. I know this counts the same on the scoreboard, but you actually were my 11th in Semi 1. I hope that someday soon you do find yourself in my points because I really do value what you bring to the contest.

theditz83

Veteran
It's always going to be the way with only the Top 10 getting points that some songs that are far from the least liked in the contest end up being cut when it comes to the qualifiers or even end up bottom of the scoreboard in the final after qualifying 5th or 6th in the semi.

I definitely wonder how the results would look if we had to provide our full ranking to the host and every song is given points according to that full ranking. It's especially relevant here where there are more than 10 qualifiers from each semi - why are we not able to give points for our Top 12/13 songs from each semi instead of just the Top 10?

But yeah, ESC scoring format will always lead to some casualties. Uneven pots are a much more difficult topic to tackle, and I don't know that there is an easy solution to that.

Krishoes

Meanwhile Krishoes winning three editions or so ago with a blast from the past.

What a glorious victory, we are still celebrating! xheart

In this specific case I was referring to dance music of the 90's and 2000's, on the (rare) occasions when I proposed songs of this type I flopped xcookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom