Contact us

WV 141 in West End :: A Theatrical Grand Final :: Results from page 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hijirio

Veteran
From London to England, Turkish delegation applies for an extension of the visa xheat xheat

Eulaliya

Excel sheet will be coming tomorrow as soon as I wake up :)
Hope you enjoyed the results show xcheer Good night!

And oh, and one more thing: let's see if :uz: didn't send their final votes in time

Arion

OMG CONGRATS GABE! You truly deserve the win! I really enjoyed this edition. Thank you everyone voting for New York. I beat my personal best result today. I'm extremely happy with my 5th place. Thank you all so much xheart

esc87fan

Gabe, you finally did it! Congratulations! Looking forward to an extended stay in England

Congrats Ana for 2nd place, your entry was so magical and truly deserving of my 12. I hope to hear more entries like that from you in the future

Thank you Eulaliya and Robert for the fantastic hosting job

cegs5

Congrats Gabe on your winning! you finally made it!

Thank you Eulaliya for the results show and all your hard work.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Someone who has worked at this game for a long time, been through ups, been through downs, been through more downs, and has now won. Congratulations sweet Geb. So proud of you xheart xheart xheart

Thank you to Eulaliya and Robert for a supergeil set of shows!! Well done you two xlove

And thank you to everyone who voted for ::gh in the semi! I was super surprised how close we came.

Seok-jin

Congrats :en: England xheart Well deserved! xclap
Also congrats :kr: and ::brit for your medals! xrose
Thanks a lot to all of you who made this qualification possible for BTS, it's a dream come true. xheart xheart xheart
Finishing in top 10 with BTS?! That's something I could have never imagined. This is more than I could have asked for. xfaint
Thanks to all the #legends who voted for BTS in the final as well xbow xlove xrose

::sudo BTS Land 10th 118p

:12: :be: :seou: xbow
:10: ::iled
:8: :ba: :susa: :se: ::sydn :nz:
:7: :nl: :us:
:6: :il: :en:
:5: ::ostl
:4: :tr:
:3: ::newy :cy:
:2: :es:
:1: :it:

Thanks to the hosting team for this edition.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
...I don't even know what to say. I've been trying to work out what to write in this post while trying not to sob.

In March 2014 I signed up to this forum to play WV. For 7 years I've played this game and this forum became such an important part of my life. And now after all this time I've achieved something I never managed before and never expected to do, breaking the longest non-victory run I think of anyone ever except for Amir. To put it into perspective, my first edition was WV32, and until tonight, my best result was 2nd place (twice) and 4th place (4 times).

I've grown from a boy to a man with this game and this forum, it's documented every phase of my adult life from the age of 17 until now aged 24, and I'm so grateful to everyone who voted for me - not just this time, but every time since I started all those years ago. And tonight I'm thinking of all the incredible friends I've made - Ashley, Yaro, Liza, Connor, Calvin, Robert, Rainy, just to name a few! And so many more who know who they are. I'm so grateful to know all of you incredible people, to have met so many of you in person, and even more grateful to share this moment now with you. I'm grateful beyond belief to have you all in my life.

Thank you all again for all your votes and for helping me achieve something that I've waited so many years to finally achieve.

As for next edition, it's only right that WV comes home to Newcastle. I can't wait to see you there xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Such an epic moment seeing Gabe finally win. You've been playing for a crazy amount of years and have come close but have never managed to snatch it....... UNTIL NOW!

ESP2r_bUUAAcgTs.jpg

Huge congratulations to you xlove It's was so exciting seeing your song rise to the top. Big congratulations as well to Ana and Oualid xheart Both lovely entries deserving of medals (sorry I didn't have room for SK in my final top, forgive me 🥺)

Thank you very much for all the points you gave Amber Mark xheat I don't believe I ever came top 10 with an R&B song before. Best I've gotten was 15th, so coming 8th is tremendous and quite inspiring. My fave moment I think was the 12 exchange with Ukraine. That was so hot. I'm glad twenty five of you enjoyed the song.

:us: 8th - 126 points

:12: :it: ::newy :ua: ::ostl
:10: :au:
:8: ::gh :nrwe:
:7: :coffee:
:6: ::iled
:5: ::mida :kr: ::sudo :ba: :en: :se:
:4: :coffee:
:3: :ca: ::smal
:2: :be: :sobr: ::kans :uk: ::oslo ::brit :cn:
:1: :tr: ::mw

Thank you Eulaliya and Robert for your work xheart I've really enjoyed my stay in London. The shows were so beautifully done.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ooo Wasn't taking part but congrats Gabe! Great winner! I'm so happy for you to finally get your first victory, and such a long time coming. xlove

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats :en: and Gabe! :) Always great when we have a first victory.

Thank you for a musicalicious edition @Eulaliya and @Lupus! xbow I enjoyed the theme immensely. xheat

breaking the longest non-victory run I think of anyone ever except for Amir.
Fs in the chat for the forgotten kopachka and as78. :(

Uto

Veteran
Imagine the collective effort here. Like 55 people or so spend all this time scouting for songs, then they attend an LL and vote, then do it again for REJU (well some at least) and then for the final some stuff is done too, let's say it's about 5 hours per member and I don't think I'm saying something ridiculous. Then there's probably like 20 or so hours for the hosts making banners and other stuff, probably conservative number and about 20 hours for mods doing admin stuff and checking eligibility, also probably conservative number.

So yeah anyway collective effort is well over 300 hours of work done, probably even nearer to 400 hours. Massive effort. Congratulations to everyone for this.

How it then comes to pass that this insipid pathetic radio song wins is beyond me... Makes us all look like a bunch of boring wankers.

Gabe, congratulations on your first win. I apologize for just having a dig at your song, but then against these apologies have the sincerity of a panda's libido. Eula, thanks for hosting and all the effort there and of course my thanks to everyone who voted Malawi to see us end on a high note. Had hoped for a top 10 finish here, think the song was strong enough for it, but the result is still one to be proud of so it's okay.

Next edition we will be back in Iran. Be sure to ask the gods to draw my semi, because I won't be in any finals anytime soon. It's time for the good stuff, so expect stylish flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom