Contact us

WV 140 ◆ SEMI 1 ◆ Results in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seok-jin

I mean it's certainly a bit annoying, I get this, but "my interest in edition is 0" seems like the exaggeration of the century for a happening like this and I am still not sure if you are serious right now.
It's frustrating. I was serious cause it really pissed me off. Probably by tomorrow my interest won't be 0 anymore, but right now it is like that. Excuse me for saying my opinion on this situation.

cegs5

If you ignore the fact that an entry from SF 2 was played tonight breaking the rules and also mentioning who's entry that is. IOTAP I really don't think it was well handled as you're saying.
10. Entries must not be revealed before the official show begins. Violations may result in either a warning or a sanction.
** DO NOT REVEAL ANY OF YOUR NF RESULTS TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL AFTER THE SEMI-FINALS HAVE BEGUN **

Just saying.
That was an unfortunate mistake that was apologised timely. I feel sorry you were affected by that. I hope you can find again motivation for this edition, as I am sure many people won’t change a bit the appreciation for your entry, and there are still many more who are yet to find it out. So, please keep it up ! ;)

However, an unintended mistake like that has nothing to do with intentional interruptions that were asked to stop (not only by her), but those requests were ignored. I mean she handled gracefully, because after all, Steph did not lose her temper , nor she was rude to anyone involved.

Yet again, I just felt I had to say something about it. I am not trying to change the behaviour of anyone or being patronising. Each to their own in the end. I only wanted to express my wish that we all can be a bit more considered if some actions can be avoided. x

Last edited:

Grinch

@Mike
Yeah, it sucks!

But try to look at the bright side. People who saw your entry are still minority. I don't know how many WVers attended the semi1 LL but most of the semi2 still don't know which one it is.

And for those who didn't vote in your NF and saw the entry... well, it's free publicity.

d24cdaa8c889a7a707fd1959b3e83cf53f0e6657.gifv

6281f3ce26c476e273eb035f6289ccfd.gif

75cD.gif

Ausesken

@Mike I still don't know what song won in your NF because I just heard about this :lol: the excitement is there for me at least, and for other people who didn't attend the LL. I see why you are frustrated, but as we can't go back in time to correct the mistake, try to find a reason not to lose completely the excitement for this edition. Your song will get the likes and votes it deserves, no matter it has been played today.

@Mike whatever happened tonight I think this doesn't affect you in the long run. Most people will probably vote through repeated listening in the semi-final thread which in turn might be the deciding factor in how people rank the songs. That's unfortunate that your element of surprise is ruined as the woots and comments in the LL probably won't be the same. In the end though, it doesn't really matter because people will vote for your entry because they love the song itself. Remember that.

Milos-BC

The show is superb and the banners are gorgeous, well done xlove xbow

:fi: will start listening to the songs shortly.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
:sc: has voted!! I have some simply sublime entries at the top of my rankings here xheat I love the banner ideas too - really cute and a delightful change as well! Good luck to you all xlove

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
::kans voted in both semis yesterday, and while we didn't have a strong contended for 12, our top 10 is the strongest since... forever ? Some songs got blanked while the could have easily scrapped points in SF2. Sorry in advance

ShoeFlo

current WV champion :kant: just submitted their voting

Oh boy, I am very relieved to know I dont have to qualify in this bloodbath semi because I probably wouldn:t make it. I could definitely relate to the statement of my Japanese sis Edweis even though saying this is the best Top 10 since forever might be a little too much. But I looove my 12 (actually for quite a while already) and had to leave out 6 good songs since I initially had 16 songs shortlisted. In finals this has happened once in a while but I never had this in a semi final. :eek:

Btw, @anaraqueen beside your banners being sweet, original and refreshing I love your "asian girls with guns" GIFs cause my entry matches it quite well (well, replace gun with sword :mrgreen: ). You really should make "asian girls with guns" the main theme of this edition.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:us: has just voted. I wasn't into this semi much at all and yet I still feel kind of bad about a couple of songs that couldn't make it into my top 10. This strikes me as an extremely competitive semi. Will be interesting to see what happens.

And Ana, the show is gorgeous xheart Those beautiful flag artist banners. Splendid job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom