Contact us

Live WV 121 YEREVAN - THE FINAL! RESULTS 1930 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Congratulations once more to Amir, this win is all the more special as it's your first and it's been such a long time coming. Well done on breaking through at last, and with a great song also. I enjoyed it very much. xheart Also huge thanks to Gabe for your wonderful hosting, you've done a stunning job for sure. Your time will come one day also.

Thanks for all the points to come to me, thrilled to get the left side although a little bitter sweet to come in a 3 way tie and fall 11th just outside the overall top 10. No matter, still an amazing result. Thank you very much for the points xheart

:lond: 11th
97pts

:12: :se:
:10: ::berl :ro:
:8: :be: :en:
:7: :pl: :us:
:6: xexcuseme
:5: :west:
:4: :am: :paci: :kr:
:3: :it:
:2: :il:
:1: :de:

🎉

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Well, at least my mistake gave Amir his first win. xheart xrose That makes be happy, believe me. But even worse than being banned, like I've been before is not voting for my own favourite song and making it remain lower on the scoreboard. Voting in-between meetings online and inserting hundreds of marks, and especially not being able to visit my mum, the most important person in my life because of this covid shit, who I haven't seen since Christmas, and who was so excited to have me back home for precious days on the phone (I had to tell her, I can't for your own good, and I felt how heartbroken she was) had its conseguences. It's a personal remark that has been torturing me. Anyway...
Worst edition ever to me, feeling so bad, right now. So, thank you for the great shows, Gabe and to all the countries who have supported the beautiful :no: song. xheart
Sorry if I forgot someone. I can't really focus right now. Once again, sorry João. xrose :cry:)

ARMENIA 2
BELGIUM 2
ENGLAND 7
FINLAND 3
ICELAND 12
JAPAN 3
KANTO 4
LATVIA 6
LESSER POLAND 1
QUEBEC 12
SCOTLAND 5
SVEALAND 8
SWITZERLAND 10
WALES 4

kopachka

Happy for Amir and congratulations after such long time, but sad for seeing Numb taking over another forum competition. I guess it's a balance :D
I am so glad to see lady Yuki in top 10! Amazing entry xheart

Amir

Veteran
Wow, I really don't know where to start.
Cause I always tend to forget, let's start with our host @Gabe
Thank you very much for a flawless, wonderful show. I remember my first (and so far only WV hosting),
when you got so thrilled, when you reached :mn: Mongolias best result.
And now this iconic turn xheat

Thank you so much everyone, I still can't believe this is finally happening.
And what a close result this was, congrats :nwen: on your 2nd place, it's very well deserved!
I joined this contest almost exactly 7 years ago in 2013 and received only one silver medal so far.
Despite feeling often disappointed about my results, this contest has become one of the most important things in
my life, it's hard to imagine not being a part of it. So this victory means so much to me, many people probably
can't even imagine.
I just always wanted to know how it feels to win this big and amazing contest, finally I get the chance!
I'm so happy and I think this will be a point where I will be way more relaxed about my results in the future.

I discovered this song only recently, fell in love with it, and I thought it could bring me my best result in a long time.
But I didn't think it could win. And when I heard during the LL that it has been on several otehr contests already,
I got pretty insecure. So I'm even more happy now.
Also it's so wonderful to see that so many people, that have become part of my life through this contest for so many
years are so happy for me. It's amazing to see such support!
I probably forgot a dozens thoughts now, but that's all I'm able to write down now.

And last but not least....of course we are going to Israel xcheer xcheer xcheer
I'm so lucky to win during this whole Corona shit, so I will have plenty of time for the hosting.
Yet, I would be happy, if someone who enjoys making banners would join the team,
cause I just suck at it xD
(any volunteers?)

Thank you very much again, and see you in WV122 in Israel (still thinking about the host city,
but it won't be Jerusalem, no need for drama here lol)

Zonne147

:al: Xhensila Myrtezaj & Pirro Cako - "Sekreti Im" :al:
9th place // 104 points

:12: xbeach
:10: :ba: :cn:
:8: :hr: :susa:
:7: :fi: ::mlpl :ro:
:6: :lond: :pl: :tr:
:5: :am: :de: :pe: :es:
:4: xbeach
:3: :en:
:2: :no: :ch:
:1: :paci: :svea:

For the first time in six/seven editions I was able to fully enjoy a WV edition. This quarantine period has its positive aspects in fact!
2nd top 10, 2nd best result ever and also the 2nd time I get more than 100 points in WV. I'm very happy with the result, I have never thought this song would finish in the top 10.
It was very hard to vote this edition but I'm satisfied with the overall results, honorable mention to my :12: points :svea: and congrats to :il: and @Amir on your first win, you got :6: from me at the end - I remember you were my :12: back in my first participation in WV, "Stanga" is a song I still listen to. Congrats to the top 3 too: :nwen: was my 11th/12th place and Scotland got 4 points from me.

Brilliant hosting @Gabe and :am: xclap
See you in WV122 xwave

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Firstly HUGE congratulations to Amir!! What an incredible way to break your streak and I am so excited to see what you have to offer us for WV 122! Enjoy the moment and don't let the party stop until the end of next edition ;)

And next to Gabe - an extremely well organised and hosted edition! Thank you for a most enjoyable edition xheat

Finally, to all of those who propelled an artist I had never heard of a month ago to an utterly awesome third place in WV. I am utterly gobsmacked at how well he did and I am overwhelmed by the support received! Thank you to...
:12: :hu:
:10: :be: :hr: :it: :sobr: :uk:
:8: :fi: :is: ::queb :ch: :west:
:7: :jp: :nwen: :pome:
:6: :kant:
:5: :ca: :wale:
:4: :al: :es: :svea:
:3:
:2: :lond:
:1: :tr:
and anyone who had room for :sc: in the semis but couldn't quite squeeze us in in the final xrose

Bring on Israel!!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Amir winning WorldVision
daydreaming.gif
Yessss! Seven years in the making. A legendary moment. Many congratulations to you. You've done it. I bet it feels amazing. All hail xbow :>

Congratulations as well to two other legends, Eulaliya and Robert! xheart Especially happy to see Pete Burns almost win.

I got another 7th xheat Crazy! I've been hanging onto this song for about four years. I'm so pleased it got a great result. I was never quite sure who I'd be aiming to please with it as I feared it too sugary for those who usually enjoy my rock entries and too garage rocky-retro for those into pop but I should have been braver with it sooner. Thank you for the points xheart

:us: 7th 109 Points
:12: :cy: :pome:
source.gif

:10: :al: 💎

:8: :lond:
emoji-icon-glossy-00-00-food-drink-food-prepared-lasagna-72dpi-forPersonalUseOnly.png

:7: :sobr:
:6: :am: :za: :susa:
:5: :fi: :it: :uk:
:4: ::berl :jp: :west:
:3: :pl: :sc: :seou: :se:
:2: :pe:
:1: :es:

Thank you Gabe for giving us such a beautiful edition xheart It really was immaculate and such a pleasure to take part in
6f251275d8c815410ec41fa3c70cc8a0

p.s. Justice for :uk: What a robbery xmadI couldn't give it 12 in the final cause there was a beloved icon of mine there + Japanese drag troupe with disco but thank you for this great discovery. Deserved a much better result. It was exactly the kind of alternative indie I was hoping to hear from you when I found out you had taken over UK.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
that Lasagne xheart

I thought you'd enjoy it. I had to treat you after awarding me that 8. I can't believe you voted with such big points for my poppy little garage rock entry. I was hoping for scraps maybe at best from you. I'm much pleasantly surprised. Thank you xheart

Krishoes

Congrats Amir xcry xheart xcheer Glad to be part of this moment and to have contributed to your victory! xcheers

Thank you Gabe for the amazing show :love:

ZoboCamel

Congrats to Amir! I couldn't fit you in for points here (lots of good stuff this edition) but you sent an enjoyable song and it's brilliant to see you winning after so long. Thumbs up xheya

Big thanks also to everyone who got :jp: Yuki Kajiura another top 10 with Point Zero! 8th is a great finish, and my best result since WV105/WV106 (which were also both 8th-place finishes, lol).

:12: :kant::tr:
:10: :ca:
:8: :no:
:7: :cn::lv::svea:
:6: :cy::pome::sc:
:5: :hr::is:
:4: :za::uk:
:3: ::queb
:2: :us:
:1: :il::sk::sobr:

Looking forward to next edition in Israel!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I thought you'd enjoy it. I had to treat you after awarding me that 8. I can't believe you voted with such big points for my poppy little garage rock entry. I was hoping for scraps maybe at best from you. I'm much pleasantly surprised. Thank you xheart

Well I'm happy to surprise you with some succulent super hot points for your entry then. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's a good job you showed me it before because I think i'm a little more reactive to it now than I was at the time. Just a smidgen though... x. xheart

🔥 I need a lasagne sandwich, and I need it now.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
not a shock numb won once again but whoa whoa whoa i didnt know this would be amir's first win! you go girl!!!! congrats xheat cant wait to see such a hot edition (with hot dana pq pls)

ShoeFlo

:is: Sigur Rós - Viðrar vel til loftárása - 21st (if the order of the '86 club' is right in the sheet), 86 pts :is:

Thank you very much:

:12: :fi: :ch: :wale:
:8: :tr:
:6: :il: :no:
:5: :pl: :svea: :us:
:4: :lv: :sobr:
:3: :nwen:
:2: :ca: :jp:

I am satisfied with this result. I knew this Sigur Rós gem is hard to sell, because it has such a slow build up and it takes a long while until it comes to its climax. In the album it might be surrounded and overshadowed by other outstanding songs (Agaetis Byrjun has been one of the most acclaimed and style-defining alternative albums ever...), but in fact it is one of their biggest growers; unremarkable at the beginning it one day starts to expose its blossom xlove Anyway, I see it was a right decision to share this with you as a PQ song cause it might have failed in the Semi Final otherwise and that would have made me grumpy.
And getting three 12s is always a great achievement. One of the 12s was extremely predictable, another one was not unpredictable, but for the 12 from Wales I certainly didnt make a wager on. Fantastic!

----------------------------------------

about the general results: I am very very happy that @Amir finally broke the curse and deservedly got his first win with a song I definitely enjoy a lot, a powerful, slick and well produced pop song. I was worried if it might turn out as an disadvantage for you that the official video seemed to get banned in Germany but then again there arent many german-based users here and I ofc choose the alternative video. I thought your song would do well but I didnt reckon it to fight for the win... the surprising wins are the sweetest dear Amir, enjoy this feeling :D and welcome to the elitary club of WV winners xqueenbitch

about my own voting: apologizes to :al: and :svea: who barely missed my top 10... there were some more nice-ish songs like :us: that I thought would deserve a point or two, but the competition was too strong this time.

The result of :uk: btw is criminal :( a very well written, dark rock song that will get a place on my playlist. :west: and :hu: are also underrated...I am very happy about the result of :sc:. The song really had me tearing up. It is beautifully composed and is bearing a beautiful story. The best song of this edition, and I was sure about this from the very beginning, was :no: for me. I dont often listen to something more celestial than to this piece of heaven. What a stunning choir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom