Contact us

WV 119 | Send your entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I'm at a wedding tomorrow, so i'd prefer that those of you who are left send your entry this evening instead of sitting on them waiting for tomorrow. Thank you x
It'll be with you before I go to bed tonight; hope you have a great time :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It'll be with you before I go to bed tonight; hope you have a great time :D

fabulous. I most certainly shall have a great time. x

theditz83

Veteran
Enjoy the wedding Ashley!

Sorry for the later sending - was hoping for a couple more NF votes, but it realistically wouldn't have changed the results, so :be: entry sent xup

ZoboCamel

:jp: is in! Apologies for sending this a bit later than you wanted, Ashley... I only opened the thread tonight, so didn't see your message earlier xcry

I'd been hoping to do a national final for this edition, but ended up not quite having the time (I'll try to fit it in for WV120). So for WV119, I've gone with a slightly grungy rock song that's been on my shortlist for quite a while now. I'm not exactly sure it's a recipe for WV success, but I want to send it, so here we are~

Eulaliya

:nwen: has sent our 50th entry xcheer

(Unfortunately the Beatles are not coming for now :( )

BernadetteCydonia

Does this mean I'm banned for several editions now, or? My strikes haven't really disappeared overtime so... what do I do now

Ausesken

Does this mean I'm banned for several editions now, or? My strikes haven't really disappeared overtime so... what do I do now
It means you have taken 1 official break out of the 3 you are allowed to take in 10 editions, and also it means that your sanctions won't be removed at least until WV124 instead of WV122.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ashley Wright in white right now at the wedding..

SinfulUglyIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Aye I was doing quite fine at resisting the opportunity to bust them moves, but the second Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee) come on this was me:

giphy.gif

I then stayed for various other hits/cheesy wedding songs that transcend generations, Brits who have been to weddings will know which I mean. x

theditz83

Veteran
Omg Blue (Da Ba Dee) - a classic! xlove

I know exactly what you'll be referring to buddy - those wedding classics seem to be almost written into the wedding license that the couple sign, like a rite of passage that you must endure to become a fully qualified married couple.

In Central and South West Scotland (Glasgow down through Inverclyde and Aryshire especially), we take things a little further and after all the traditional cheesy retro songs, we sudden burst out the happy hardcore and rave tunes (Bits n Pieces, Nakatomi's Children of the Night, any song by TTF (The Time Frequency) and topped off with a quick burst of Love Inc's You're A Superstar). Blame George Bowie (Clyde 1 DJ, whose Saturday night radio show the GB Xperience has for as long as I can remember been essential listening for this part of the country). We're a bunch of cheesy quavers at heart ;)

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Omg Blue (Da Ba Dee) - a classic! xlove

I know exactly what you'll be referring to buddy - those wedding classics seem to be almost written into the wedding license that the couple sign, like a rite of passage that you must endure to become a fully qualified married couple.

In Central and South West Scotland (Glasgow down through Inverclyde and Aryshire especially), we take things a little further and after all the traditional cheesy retro songs, we sudden burst out the happy hardcore and rave tunes (Bits n Pieces, Nakatomi's Children of the Night, any song by TTF (The Time Frequency) and topped off with a quick burst of Love Inc's You're A Superstar). Blame George Bowie (Clyde 1 DJ, whose Saturday night radio show the GB Xperience has for as long as I can remember been essential listening for this part of the country). We're a bunch of cheesy quavers at heart ;)

Omg. :lol: this is literally it. Not quite them songs you mention but a long a similar wave length. The ceremony, venue and dinner was super expensive and posh etc but the party time comes, dance floor and DJ and everyone goes to their true party self. Especially when them classic retro dance hits come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom