Contact us

Would a superfinal in Eurovision work?

Should Eurovision attempt to have a Superfinal?

• Yes, 100% televote

1 2.6%
  • Yes 50/50% televote/jury

0 0.0%
  • No thank you please

37 97.4%

• Total voters

Alaska49

i don't really have an opinion on this one way or another yet, but i just started thinking about it and since it sounds like it would be a spicy subject i am going to make a thread all about it. OFF-SEASON PRIORITIES.

so, superfinals. so exciting when NFs have them, right? should eurovision attempt to have one? give a little more drama and a little more sense of decision and finality to the contest? there is always the complaint that the winner is never the winner of the majority, but rather of the biggest or loudest minority, which is a complaint i don't enjoy because i do like the idea of winners being just the most committed niche instead of a bland consensus.

but at the same time... wouldn't it be a bit exciting if we could actually stop someone from winning in a final two or final three scenario lol? imagine the drama if someone won in our current format and then lost the superfinal, eesti laul 2014 style. i would live for the internet meltdowns, specially depending on the flags involved.

and if a superfinal was introduced, would it be televote only, or would juries have 50% of the vote still? i guess they'd have to use the data from their regular vote instead of having them vote again because otherwise it's a logistical nightmare, but it's probably what would happen since i don't think ebu is inclined to give us 100% televote anything at this point.

what do you guys think? yes or GROSS KILL IT?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
No x

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
i still have nightmares about the eesti laul superfinal killing kerli

Alaska49

i still have nightmares about the eesti laul superfinal killing kerli
i was so happy about that back then because VERONA xheart333 but then i found out how it's like when the shoe's on the other foot when victor crone won this year under the exact same scenario as koit and laura, so i can't disagree with you. ugh. at least he revealed himself to be an adorable golden retriever in human form during eurovision, as bad as his song was.

Loindici

Veteran
....no, for a lot of reasons, no.

tuorem

In the poll, I voted for the option "hvala, ne !" :D

The superfinal concept is a no for me too. It would encourage some people to vote strategically, then something weird would happen and we'd realise S!sters won over Mahmood eventually. I'm not here for that.

To some extent, I kind of understand why some NFs use that system (more cointz earned and the representative is the result of a validated consensus). But applying it to the whole continent would be messy af imo.

Teaisloveable

I think it would just cause a whole host of extra problems. ESC 2019 had so many technical issues and judge mess ups that trying to implement a superfinal for 2020... I can see a mess :lol:

Superfinals are okay for National Selections (for the most part) but for ESC itself, I don't think it would work so well. We could just about deal with the current format, the stress would be too much :lol:

aef

Tbh a superfinal has never been entertaining to me or bringing me more suspense in any NF... So a clear no from me.

CPV4931

Definitely not, it would make some people voting for a song not because they like it, but because they don´t like the other contender(s) and that shouldn´t be the sense of voting imo.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

musicfan

A superfinal wouldn't be uninteresting but I wonder what time it would end with one.

Top Bottom