pooja-what-is-this-behaviour.png

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
xcookie

while a lot of people laugh-reacted to my post, I actually don't find it funny at all.
I really don't wanna start an unnecessary drama, and SchuhFlo and daniel both know I like them very much (actually that's why I even dare to write this - also we all know you're not the only ones that should feel adressed now...)
I just think that in a contest where just a hand full of points often mean a difference of quite a few places (and therefore
qualifying/not qualifying or winning/not winning) playing :cy: :gr: is just a bit out of place.

And then, maybe it's just hard to understand especially for me as someone who basically likes all sorts of music and being able to give :12: to a slut pop song from Bangladesh while in the next edition I give :12: to some emotional indie song from Australia.
pls just don't hate me :>
I'm assuming this is also kind of directed at me and Aigars, since you mentioned that Daniel and Flo aren't the only ones giving each other 12 points a lot, but I can only reiterate what Flo also said. We're not "playing Greece/Cyprus" either. I would personally not see the point of even competing in a song competition for 8 years while trying to cheat my way through it, or vote dishonestly. There would be zero satisfaction from that. I don't have my 12 pointer earmarked for Aigars. He often tends to be the one who receives it, but certainly not always and it's never a guarantee.

I've said this many times before, but I feel like I always have to repeat it because people don't seem to get it. We didn't start voting for each other because we were friends. We became friends because we noticed we had the exact same taste and sensibility in everything. His all-time favorite artists and songs were already my all-time favorite artists and songs as well.

If we gave each other 12 points all the time, yet the rest of our top tens were completely different, you'd have a point. But we usually have the exact same favorites there too every edition (without seeing each other's votes before the official results). Our tastes are just that similar.

If he suddenly sent a Latin EDM Dubstep Rave bop, it's not like I would vote for it. xshrug

Amir

Veteran
As I’ve said before it’s probably just very hard to understand for someone like me.
For example last edition I had a voting similarity over 80% with Fabi, a few editions ago it was like 7% or something.
So having constantly around 90% or even more just seems so impossible in MY universe :lol:
(On the other hand my voting behavior probably seems weird to others too 😅 )

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
As I’ve said before it’s probably just very hard to understand for someone like me.
For example last edition I had a voting similarity over 80% with Fabi, a few editions ago it was like 7% or something.
So having constantly around 90% or even more just seems so impossible in MY universe :lol:
(On the other hand my voting behavior probably seems weird to others too 😅 )
I can understand why it does seem hard to grasp if you're someone with a very broad taste or someone who likes a little bit of everything. But when you have a much more niched taste, or rather a very particular taste, it makes all the sense in the world to me that if there's someone with the same kind of particular taste, we'd also send the kind of songs that manage to pinpoint exactly everything we both look for in a song, without even trying to. Like the perfect jackpot of a song that hits all the marks, if that makes sense.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he suddenly sent a Latin EDM Dubstep Rave bop, it's not like I would vote for it. xshrug

A Latin EDM Dubstep Bop sounds fun. Can you get him to send one please? xheya

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
anymore of you planning a prediction?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Your host makes a prediction xangel

Top 10

:ie::no::il::uk::nl::west::neus::ua::sobr::kr: Maybe :nrwe::al::es:

Top 3

:no::nl::neus: Maybe :ua::uk:

Winner

:nl:

The fact I'm the first person to predict The Netherlands for the top 10 has me shocked. That gave me winner vibes. I think it's something a little bit special. I think Northeastern USA will win the battle of the pops for being stupidly catchy, with Ukraine and UK not far behind.

Top Bottom