Staff member
database.png

WV 01 - WV 182 (Excel)
List of WorldVision Winners (Wiki)
List of Participants (Wiki)

Sanctions/breaks sheet
WV 01 - WV 89 (Forum)
.txt 1-89

To start a research in the whole database, Ctrl + F and click on the three dots next to the research bar. A bigger window will appear, with "Search in : All pages" as automatically selected. Click on Research to go through all sheets.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
GUESS WHAT IS UPDATED xcry
- There were some errors in 135-136 and 138, they have all been corrected (hopefully, if there's still something strange tell me).
- You can now find ALL editions in the excel database. You have to thank Gera's lazy ass for that one because he found a faster way to import the DB in excel format.
- For the occasion it has been re-organized, now we have 2 sheets : one for 1-100 and the other for 101-200. Your OCD thanks me.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Amazing work on the database! xbow xheat Can't believe we finally have one comprehensive database again after all these years.

I went through my own entries and found a couple of mistakes. This is what it should say:

WV 04 - Helen Sjöholm
WV 73 - Ebba Grön
WV 75 - Blodörn
WV 131 - Raymond & Maria

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
THANK YOU. This is fantastic.

Went through mine with the goal of being as pedantic as I possibly could; here's all I was able to find:
WV 60 - title is "Missionary Man" rather than "Missionary Men"
WV 95 - title is "Poshetto No O Uta" rather than "Poshetto No O Ta"
WV 103 - title is "Gettin' Bi" rather than "Getting' Bi"
WV 113 - artist is "Charanga 76 con Hansel y Raul" rather than "Caharanga 76 con Hansel y Raul"

& that's it. I've sent 72 entries to completed WV editions and you've gotten all but four of them bang-on. Brilliant, brilliant work.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
@Stargazer @lavieenrose

Thank you, I'll correct them in the next few days !

I think the old database didn't support non-english letters so there must all been written as regular a, e, o. Or they were just entered that way back in the day, I will look into it.

Please, don't hesitate to check your entries, especially if you were in WV pre-89. We did just basic copy-pasting and convert, so I don't know if the entry names are correct or not :lol:

Looren

Veteran
Heyy :D

Sorry but I just noticed a little mistake in the database for the Moroccan entry in 134, in the database it's Written "Dizzy Dros - Dizzy Dros" while it's "Dizzy Dros - Nota" xheart

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Heyy :D

Sorry but I just noticed a little mistake in the database for the Moroccan entry in 134, in the database it's Written "Dizzy Dros - Dizzy Dros" while it's "Dizzy Dros - Nota" xheart
:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, after almost 2 hours of mental breakdown 140 was updated last night, and I corrected the aforementioned errors. Since I've been in charge of the database (ie 134) I've been copy-pasting the entry names you all provided but I don't know how it was done back in the 70s. So if you see your entries lacking some accent or whatever you can notice me.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
You did a phenomenal job sis!!!! No mental breakdowns pls we love you

I think almost all of mine are right, just these below:

99 Lebanon Maritta Hallan >>> 99 Lebanon Maritta Hallani
104 Lebanon Nayer >>> 104 Lebanon Melissa & Nayer
108 Lebanon DJ Joucef ft. Diana Haddad >>> 108 Lebanon DJ Youcef ft. Diana Haddad
131 South Korea Narsha Rbi Ri Bba Bba >>> 131 South Korea Narsha Bbi Ri Bba Bba (I think this one was my mistake, sorry 🤡)

This one is not incorrect per se, but I have a suggestion:
137 South Korea Kim Hyun Jung Dankal >>> 137 South Korea Kim Hyun Jung Dankal (Dance Ver.)

Because there are two versions of the song.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, after almost 2 hours of mental breakdown 140 was updated last night, and I corrected the aforementioned errors. Since I've been in charge of the database (ie 134) I've been copy-pasting the entry names you all provided but I don't know how it was done back in the 70s. So if you see your entries lacking some accent or whatever you can notice me.

You're an absolute queen and an icon. xbow Database glory days. 🙌

Ausesken

I've also taken a look at the Spanish entries and found two things to correct:

- Ed 91: song title is "Tu enemigo" instead of "Pablo López"
- Ed 132: there's a mistake in my username

Also if you want to please people with OCD, you could unify some usernames that appear twice in the database (the filter) because of a space: empo 21 / empo21, Gabor 77 / Gabor77, Gera 11 / Gera11, etc.

Jurors' names are not relevant for the main purpose of the database, but I inform here about this anyway.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
^ Corrected

I forgot to mention it before, but if you use Ctrl + F it will search into the page you currently are on.

To ensure you started a research in all the database, you need to do Ctrl + F and click on the three dots next to the research bar. A bigger window will appear, with "Search in : All pages" as automatically selected. You will then just have to click on Research to go through all the results.

ShoeFlo

In WV 144 and 145 Lupus is listed as both London and Scotland juror but he is only London juror. I was shocked for a moment as I thought Daniel secretely and silently left WV a few editions ago.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
There's something that is important to be noted, I think :

As ESC United is an English-speaking forum, the database is managed in Latin alphabet and you are tasked with providing a corresponding version of your artist's name and song's title when submitting your entry. However, the use of diacritics or other letters that are present in some languages was always up to debate (é, è, ä, ö, etc.)
As they're written in a variation of the Latin alphabet, we never asked people to drop them, however a problem arises when you search in the database.

For some of them, if you type the basic letter in the research bar the variations will come up, but for others they will not. The contrary is true too.
We can't control how people type their entry names into the database if they use the diacritic or basic form. There's a high chance the person would miss their entry if they only search for one of the versions.

The database has been managed by many people all over the years, with each their own policy so there's a lack of consistency on that subject. Personally, I kept for the most part the diacritic form but I know that at the beginning I didn't.

In short, I want to bring this to your attention and remind you that it's better to search for both versions when looking at your potential entry into the database. It hadn't come up as an issue in entry confirmation yet, but better be safe than sorry.

Top Bottom