Contact us

WorldVision Chat Box

esc87fan

Yes, people have sent Sanremo songs. The only exceptions are those winners that went on to become ESC entries

BernadetteCydonia

Yes, people have sent Sanremo songs. The only exceptions are those winners that went on to become ESC entries
I see.

(lol I guess that applies to Nuove Proposte as well, even if they win because there their winning entries are entirely unrelated to Eurovision)

JamieBrown

I just wondered what's the explanation of allowing Sanremo acts to enter WorldVision, but NF entries may not. Not that I want dull Melfest stuff to be sent over and over again, just thought about an official explanation :lol:

I see.

(lol I guess that applies to Nuove Proposte as well, even if they win because there their winning entries are entirely unrelated to Eurovision)

Yeah, it's only about their eurovision entry that reasonably is prohibited. And I hope @Krishoes has again one or two Sanremo acts lined up xpray

Krishoes

BernadetteCydonia

I will die if you have had chosen one of those Sanremo songs from 2021 that I like. Carioca was a pleasant surprise all in on itself!

It was a while ago I competed in this game and wow, time truly does fly by... I will probably return, but I have to find enough time to properly compete for WV with a playlist of compelling and competitive songs.

EDIT:
Or... I will join right now!

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

It was a while ago I competed in this game and wow, time truly does fly by... I will probably return, but I have to find enough time to properly compete for WV with a playlist of compelling and competitive songs.

EDIT:
Or... I will join right now!
welcome back whoever you were!

welcome back whoever you were!
Thanks, I have been inactive for a while. So my presence here has not been known probably. Would be great to win for once, I have to learn how these "pots" work and get a glimpse of what I should send to even achieve a top 15 placement.

BernadetteCydonia

Thanks, I have been inactive for a while. So my presence here has not been known probably. Would be great to win for once, I have to learn how these "pots" work and get a glimpse of what I should send to even achieve a top 15 placement.
I've been here for quite a while but still haven't quite figured out how the pots actually work, other than them being used to draw up totally random semifinals.

I'm sure you'll be able to reach a top 15 placement, it might be a struggle to do so, but once you find a song that hits, it just happens to hit somehow. I never thought I could win, let alone almost win, in WV 132, but I did it, somehow, somehow.

I've been here for quite a while but still haven't quite figured out how the pots actually work, other than them being used to draw up totally random semifinals.

I'm sure you'll be able to reach a top 15 placement, it might be a struggle to do so, but once you find a song that hits, it just happens to hit somehow. I never thought I could win, let alone almost win, in WV 132, but I did it, somehow, somehow.
I have noticed that most of the qualifying songs are instant in how people tend to vote for these, like in the actual contest. I was placed third in the 80th WV final when competing with Singapore. "Take Heart" has a very efficient chorus and was written by Swedes for familiarity without being a boring blatant Azerbaijan act. It probably was enough for people to vote for it.

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hi WV community,

It came to our attention that the rules regarding eligibility were lacking clarity or became obsolete over time.
In order to improve the game, the mod team worked for the past few days on a new version of this part of the rules, which can be found below :

WorldVision said:
For an artist or group to be eligible to participate in the contest, they must meet at least one of the criteria below:
  • be a natural-born citizen of your country or region; this does not include acquiring citizenship through descent
  • be a current resident of your country or region, residence that goes beyond temporary visits due to recording new material, touring or other short activities
  • have spent 30% of their life in your country or region
  • have roots from that country or region and special ties such as:
    - speaking and/or singing in the language of the country,
    - addressing themselves as a person from that country,
    - being famous in that country only,
    - visiting that country often,
    - representing or trying to represent this country in ESC, if it's a European country
  • they must have achieved the majority of their success as an artist/group in your country or region
In the case of duos or groups, at least half of the members must have the above criteria apply. For groups of an odd number then it is 1/3 members or 2/5 members who must qualify.
Featured collaborations (e.g. Senhit ft. Flo Rida) will be considered as a duo.

There's no major change, but please take a look at them ! We're confident this change should help both the participants and the mod team in accepting entries.

In the meantime, we wish you a nice 138th edition :)

@theCONWEL @lavieenrose @Lupus @RainyWoods @Amir @Stargazer @as78 @Eulaliya @Genesis @esc87fan @Ausesken @marc @Milos-BC @FabiESC @Uto @anaraqueen @CypriotGirl @Gabor77 @Zonne147 @theditz83 @ferret @AshleyWright @JamieBrown @Mainshow @Charly @JSSArcos @ZoboCamel @Mike @Fierro @cegs5 @Grinch @NikolaiMoller @empo21 @Gera11 @EscTurkey @Edweis @Arion @Morocco2021 @Nicholas123 @Staewi @Journalist @JChan @Gabe @nekoisneko @Krishoes @whiteshoes @BernadetteCydonia @EurovisionSmile @daniels1000 @Aditya @Sultana @Steffan @Kimrt @MARCOMEN @Ausesken @Uvaro @kopachka

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@WorldVision I'm curious about the "- speaking and/or singing in the language of the country" bit, which seems a bit vague and open for misinterpretation? Surely an artist just singing one song in a foreign language shouldn't make them eligible to represent that country? But the way the rule is currently worded, it could be interpreted that way.

If you mean that they must have a history of mostly/only singing in the language of that country, then that should maybe be clarified. :)

Genesis

(...) - representing or trying to represent this country in ESC, if it's a European country
I don't really believe this is good proof on its own. Take for example Swiss ESC selection(if applicable); often there are artists that have no connections with the country whatsoever, and merely use it as a leap of faith. Even in Poland we had a period of about 2-3 years where there were few international acts who had no plans with Poland but used the preselection in the hope to promote themselves (usually after being rejected in other countries). This can be a good point to use as additional proof of artist eligibility, but not on its own, unless I misunderstood something and this doesn't fall under the single proof category.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
@Stargazer @Genesis

Both of your remarks actually touch upon... the part of the rule we didn't change :lol:
WorldVision said:
**In order to accept an artist who was not born, did not grow up or does not currently live in a country/region but only has roots from that country, then he/she must have special ties with that country (speaking and/or singing in the language of the country, addressing himself as a person from that country, being famous in that country, visiting that country often, representing or trying to represent this country in ESC if it's a European country, and other factors
We decided to keep these criteria for now, as no one really had a problem with it, but your output is appreciated for future clarification !

Genesis

@Stargazer @Genesis

Both of your remarks actually touch upon... the part of the rule we didn't change :lol:

We decided to keep these criteria for now, as no one really had a problem with it, but your output is appreciated for future clarification !
I never really noticed such a point being within the rules but since it was brought into the light I thought it would be worth to throw few of my coins in :)

ShoeFlo

The "special ties" is indeed very vague and it completely contradicts the intention of bringing clarity.

The "speaking and/or singing in the language of the country" part could lead to bizarre outcomes, especially regarding the languages of former colonial powers. If I take over Ivory Coast, couldn't I take technically send any French song (from, lets say, France!), cause the official language of Ivory Coast is French? xcrazy

"visiting that country often" is rather vague, too... are 2 weeks in the summer holidays enough?

and the "representing or trying to represent this country in ESC" will hopefully make Kai leave USA to join San Marino and send plenty of Serhat hits

Well, nevermind, I try to not get into questionable eligibility situations anyway :LOL:

daniels1000

I think you're all misinterpreting what is being said here - the first and foremost requirement is that the artist has roots from the country/region in question (e.g. parents from the country, but no data on citizenship). In other words: for the special ties to be considered, the artist must have roots from that country.

Top Bottom