Contact us

WorldVision Chat Box

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Worldvision resources folder

Let me know if the link works! And it would be great that we add the missing flags (Marmara and Kyushu), so if anyone of you have them, send them to me please :D

edit: I see Ashley has one flag for Kyushu. In the database there is another one, but I'll add it anyway.
Thank you so much, it works! xlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Marmara is the byzantine flag, I'll find it later

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worldvision resources folder

Let me know if the link works! And it would be great that we add the missing flags (Marmara and Kyushu), so if anyone of you have them, send them to me please :D

edit: I see Ashley has one flag for Kyushu. In the database there is another one, but I'll add it anyway.
I have added this link in the Database thread so it is easy to find.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
So.............. is there a list of all jury switches made so far? :lol:

I decided to finally start my statistics back in WV 98 but I have NO clue on who had those regions before. Like, I got a hot 12 from Macedonia, but who had Macedonia back then?

I am confusion

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

ShoeFlo

Hey everybody,

I plan to create a huge WV playlist on spotify with the biggest hits of all jurors (former jurors are also welcome to involve). If you like this idea, pls send me up to 10 of your favorite WV entries, can be only 3 or 4 too, it is up to you. Don't (necessarily) have to be your most successful entries but those which means the most to you. Legendary winner songs deserve a place in the list as much as iconic flops do.
Some people liked this idea in the LL so maybe this can become a big thing. I would obviously update this list regularly, but only after 5 editions each, because otherwise I might get PMs every week with user wishes to replce a song as hey are currently hyped by their latest entry. However, you should choose the songs wisely anyway ;)

Hang on... there is the option to make a playlist collaborative, so I guess I could send the link to each user and they can edit the list theirselves. Or do I have to be friend with somebody on Spotify to include him oder her in a collaborative playlist? xthink

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Hey everybody,

I plan to create a huge WV playlist on spotify with the biggest hits of all jurors (former jurors are also welcome to involve). If you like this idea, pls send me up to 10 of your favorite WV entries, can be only 3 or 4 too, it is up to you. Don't (necessarily) have to be your most successful entries but those which means the most to you. Legendary winner songs deserve a place in the list as much as iconic flops do.
Some people liked this idea in the LL so maybe this can become a big thing. I would obviously update this list regularly, but only after 5 editions each, because otherwise I might get PMs every week with user wishes to replce a song as hey are currently hyped by their latest entry. However, you should choose the songs wisely anyway ;)

Hang on... there is the option to make a playlist collaborative, so I guess I could send the link to each user and they can edit the list theirselves. Or do I have to be friend with somebody on Spotify to include him oder her in a collaborative playlist? xthink
A really great idea! xheat Just to clarify.. we should choose from our own songs, right? Not our favorite songs that other people have sent?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
FLAG UPDATE

:kyus: KYUSHU
::kyus :kyus:

::midw MIDWESTERN USA
::midw :midw:

::onta ONTARIO
::onta :onta:

::sa SAUDI ARABIA
::sa :sa:

::zi ZIMBABWE
::zi :zi:

Uto

Veteran
FLAG UPDATE

:kyus: KYUSHU
::kyus :kyus:

::midw MIDWESTERN USA
::midw :midw:

::onta ONTARIO
::onta :onta:

::sa SAUDI ARABIA
::sa :sa:

::zi ZIMBABWE
::zi :zi:
Ontario seriously needs to sort their shit out. That flag is some painful F-tier nonsense.

Uto

Veteran
I know this isn't the place to discuss this probably, but was reading the rules and there this rule among the hosting rules:

4. Reminders to voters are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Everyone takes a responsibility for voting on time when they confirm their participation in that particular edition, so they have to be sure they will vote without any reminder from host.

Argument given is a non-sequitur, sending of a reminder does not end responsibility from side of the voter.

When I was host of WLSC I sent people a reminder because I wanted them to vote early because of all the prep that had to be done and I wanted to have nice smooth run-up to the show without stress. The rule to me seems completely unnecessary and contrary to human decency. Given the fact that I really kind of dislike rules that serve no purpose at all I'd like to see it removed. Now, who do I need to spam with Korean gun girls?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It serves a purpose because once upon a time we had reminders and people started using "I didn't get a reminder" as to why they failed to vote. It leads to a culture of leanancy, starting with reminders that then lead to "sorry, well if you vote by this time i'll accept your votes". WV has always come down hard on deadlines and it's the players responsibility to make sure they vote on time, not the host. NSC is the place you should be if you want constant reminders and extended deadlines every edition.

Ausesken

I know this isn't the place to discuss this probably, but was reading the rules and there this rule among the hosting rules:

4. Reminders to voters are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Everyone takes a responsibility for voting on time when they confirm their participation in that particular edition, so they have to be sure they will vote without any reminder from host.

Argument given is a non-sequitur, sending of a reminder does not end responsibility from side of the voter.

When I was host of WLSC I sent people a reminder because I wanted them to vote early because of all the prep that had to be done and I wanted to have nice smooth run-up to the show without stress. The rule to me seems completely unnecessary and contrary to human decency. Given the fact that I really kind of dislike rules that serve no purpose at all I'd like to see it removed. Now, who do I need to spam with Korean gun girls?

I get your point, but on the other hand it's not good that players get used to reminders to vote, because it depends too much on the host. Some hosts do like to send reminders and some others don't. We don't want players that fully rely on reminders to vote, because the day they don't get it they will complain and "blame" the host. And if people don't vote, the only responsible are themselves, and we want to make that very clear.

Edit: yeah, what Ashley said XD

Uto

Veteran
It serves a purpose because once upon a time we had reminders and people started using "I didn't get a reminder" as to why they failed to vote. It leads to a culture of leanancy, starting with reminders that then lead to "sorry, well if you vote by this time i'll accept your votes". WV has always come down hard on deadlines and it's the players responsibility to make sure they vote on time, not the host. NSC is the place you should be if you want constant reminders and extended deadlines every edition.

Total lack of purpose probably an overstatement, but this doesn't give much purpose. I mean, it's still the same non-sequitur. Idea might be entertained by someone that lack of a reminder absolves responsibility, but it just isn't the case. Rule also doesn't solve the issue of people making deals on the side about voting beyond the deadline, merely makes it less likely. Also, what are you going to do about people giving reminders on channels outside of the forum? Rule can't even be properly enforced. I think it's a weird rule.

And don't give me that 'if you don't like it go to NSC'-shit. Come on man, we're both adults.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well you can't control what people do in private or off the forum. ^ That goes for any rule.

and I didn't mean it like that, just that's the place of mentions of extensions.

theditz83

Veteran
I think it would be better to say that voting extensions are forbidden rather than reminders. Just because a host sends a reminder doesn't mean the person will actually vote, and I'd keep proof of the reminder in my conversations/saved as a screenshot to avoid any comeback.

But I also totally get why there is a need for this kind of rule in a bid to detract from the reminder culture that seems to be a common part of hosting duties nowadays. At least the rule is black and white - no reminders, so keeps every edition and hosting working the same way to avoid confusion for everyone ;)

Top Bottom