Contact us

WorldVision Chat Box

BernadetteCydonia

Ah OK nvm I just got a confirmation.

Now I wanna ask if the WV 95 host is still present here? I need to download all the banners from the editions I've participated, and that edition's is the only one that is not available as of now. May I get the Hungarian banner from them?

edit: lmao not me acting like the host was one of those people that is gone xD @Eulaliya ? Do you still have the WV 95 banners?

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
FLAG UPDATE

::cepo CENTRAL PORTUGAL
::cepo :cepo:

Eulaliya

Ah OK nvm I just got a confirmation.

Now I wanna ask if the WV 95 host is still present here? I need to download all the banners from the editions I've participated, and that edition's is the only one that is not available as of now. May I get the Hungarian banner from them?

edit: lmao not me acting like the host was one of those people that is gone xD @Eulaliya ? Do you still have the WV 95 banners?
Unfortunately I don't have them anymore, unless someone else has the archive copy of them :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Nepal would be rectangular also, just the rest would appear white.

theditz83

Veteran
Nepal would be rectangular also, just the rest would appear white.

Could do the same for Vatican City I guess and just expand the yellow and white background.

Or these nations could just get with the program and release actual rectangular flags that have the same dimensions as the majority of other nations xqueenbitch

Uto

Veteran
Or these nations could just get with the program and release actual rectangular flags that have the same dimensions as the majority of other nations xqueenbitch
I don't think any aspect ratio actually has a majority at all. Frankly, it's a huge mess. I don't know if any debate has happened over the Switzerland flag, but any argument against making a rectangle out of it passes by the fact that most flags were always in the wrong ratio anyway:

Uto

Veteran
I want to propose a rule change:

7. Cover versions of songs previously featured in WorldVision cannot be entered. Original versions of songs that previously took part in the contest can be enterred, but there are two important side-notes to consider: a) the same artist cannot be featured in both the original and the cover and b) any country that wants to enter the original version of a previous WorldVision entry must wait a minimum of 20 editions from the time that the cover version was featured.

This is a bit meh to me. Most covers are significantly different compared to the original. Anyone who argues that Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence is much the same as the original Simon & Garfunkle one needs to visit a doctor. Might be an extreme example, but it's still a valid one. Would therefore propose to have a time limit set instead of an outright ban. Perhaps 40 editions or so to ensure the original is no longer current? Any ideas on this?

For clarity: I'm Iran, we don't cover kafir shit.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I want to propose a rule change:

7. Cover versions of songs previously featured in WorldVision cannot be entered. Original versions of songs that previously took part in the contest can be enterred, but there are two important side-notes to consider: a) the same artist cannot be featured in both the original and the cover and b) any country that wants to enter the original version of a previous WorldVision entry must wait a minimum of 20 editions from the time that the cover version was featured.

This is a bit meh to me. Most covers are significantly different compared to the original. Anyone who argues that Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence is much the same as the original Simon & Garfunkle one needs to visit a doctor. Might be an extreme example, but it's still a valid one. Would therefore propose to have a time limit set instead of an outright ban. Perhaps 40 editions or so to ensure the original is no longer current? Any ideas on this?

For clarity: I'm Iran, we don't cover kafir shit.

It's certainly an interesting point! I would not have a problem with such an approach myself. I would perhaps just keep the time limit to the same as the other way round (i.e. 20 editions). After all, the most well-known versions of songs are not always the originals..!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
@ mods I wasn't sure where to officially ask for a break next edition but can y'all put me down for one please? :)

Top Bottom